What's new

Stealthy Garage Water Cooled Flower Chamber

riverrat

I've been designing this chamber for some time now. This is my second grow setup and I want to thank everyone for all I have learned here over the last 2 years I've been a member. My new grow is nearing completion and I thought I'd shair some pics of my grow.

This shot is of my work bench and peg board,

The bench is on casters and rolls out of the way.....

To reveal the flower chamber hidden behind it.

Below the trays is my filter box, I don't have the filters installed in this shot. I also will build drying trays that fit in this box. The chamber is sealed and I'm using 5 130 CFM 4 inch fans to curclate air around the chamber and through the carbon filters.

This shot is where the water cooled heat exchanger will be mounted. I'm running a 600 & a 400 HPS mounted on a light rail that is all sealed in a glass bottomed box that sits on top of the chamber, you can see the glass at the top of this pic.

Here is a shot of the heat exchanger (actually a used auto A/C evaporator coil) thats yet to be installed.

Back side of the heat exchanger with a 130CFM fan installed.

Here is the chest freezer which will be filled with a saltwater solution that I can get down to -5F before it freezes, I'll be pumping this this through the heat exchanger mounted in the flower chamber.

All this is computer controlled by Growtronix hardware & software.

Here are the Growtronix relays and switches. This is kinda messy right now, cleaning this wiring up is on my to do list.

This Blueberry is about 2 weeks into flower now, I have another BB and 2 White Widows in the chamber that are due in about 6 weeks, And a a tray full of clones in my Veg chamber I'm anxious to see root.

The flower chamber is built in 4 sections that come apart. The light box is on top and the grow chamber is below that. The tray table and filter box sits on a platform with casters so I can roll the whole thing out and get behind it if I need to get to the back and prune on the plants. The filter box, tray table and flower chamber is sized such that it will fit in the back of my van. I can have the whole thing out of the garage and into the van in a matter of minutes should I need too. The grow area is protected by Growtronix smoke detectors that will shut down power and email me at work should it smell smoke and should the temps go over 160F, 3 automatic fire extinguishers are set to go off and hopefully put out any fire.

So thats it, my latest grow! It's as stealthy and as safe as I can make it. Thanks again to everyone who gave me advice the last 2 years.

RR

RR

riverrat

Here are a couple more shots.

Here are a couple more shots.

Top of light box showing light rail and air exhaust.

Fans used to curculate air through the filters and around the chamber.

Shot with HPS light on.

Shot with HPS off.

RR

rasputen

Beautiful rr !!
Question....you grow pot and watch Fox News????

Does not compute.

Sweet cab! Especially the -5F salt water (hope it don't corrode your stuff).

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Color me impressed. And jealous. Double extra very nice.

Almost lost my cookies at your title. I'm in the garage, too, and I just cranked up the res heater and closed off half my intakes to keep from freezing.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
It's a timing thing and, in comedy, timing is everything. I did the ice bottle boogie all summer long. My area's having an unusual cold snap right now.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job, rat!
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a man that has lots of tools, trusts computerized equipment, and watches Fox news!

Rasp, do you think that only lilly livered liberals smoke and grow dope?
And how would the rest learn if the smart folks don't participate?
Wait...maybe Barry will set us all free? Naaa...aint gonna happen.
(LOL..I find it amusing how phucked up the US is...including all the preconceived notions that the liberal media tries to paint...and even more amazing is the number of folks that buy it. Simply amazing.)

BubsNugs

pretty freakin slick dude ! good job love the stealth. Will be intresting to see how your cooling setup ends up working.cool idea fer sure !

Peace

one Q

Quality
Veteran
fox news is his joe-six-pack cover up. Stealth set up needs stealth distraction. Riddle your car with republican stickers and you can have a beard down to your balls and ppl will be none the wiser.

moving foward, that is a phenominal set up.

sumo

That heat exchanger will condense water just like an AC. What are you going to do with the water? Drain it into your resevoir?

norwalkin

qudos

qudos

:joint: Hey Now! :rasta:

Very nice job! i am gonna work on a cooler for my not so stealthy garage grow-room. It has served me well and does much better in the winter here.
Hope ya don't mind a pick on yur string ... :bashhead:

Sooo heres' a shot of my current crop (The Doc's MP5K and a lone OG Kush) and the on deck shelf (Barneys' bagseed) Red Dragon and some Purple Wreck from Reserva Privada! :jump:

Keep On Growin'

rasputen

hoosierdaddy said:
Great job, rat!
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with a man that has lots of tools, trusts computerized equipment, and watches Fox news!

Rasp, do you think that only lilly livered liberals smoke and grow dope?
And how would the rest learn if the smart folks don't participate?
Wait...maybe Barry will set us all free? Naaa...aint gonna happen.
(LOL..I find it amusing how phucked up the US is...including all the preconceived notions that the liberal media tries to paint...and even more amazing is the number of folks that buy it. Simply amazing.)

I just think of John Walters and the PRISON CULTURE and it ain't funny anymore!

One thing we can agree on...compared to Fox News everything else is LIBERAL.

riverrat

sumo said:
That heat exchanger will condense water just like an AC. What are you going to do with the water? Drain it into your resevoir?

Thats the plan, I'm gonna drain it into a separate rez for a while and make sure none of the coolant leaks into the drain line.

RR

riverrat

Joey Roastbeef said:
thats a well thought out set-up.

how many plants do you plan on using in that space?

The trays will hold nine 6 inch cubes each, but more than about 4 with this BB & WW and they crowd each other out. I’ll harvest a tray each month, under the same lights on my previous grow I would avg. 8 oz of dried bud per tray.

RR

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smoker: thumbs up to you man...

great job... very stealth...

have you pushed out any product from this spot yet ? how often can you leave this unattended?