What's new

Another bubbler cloner design!Check it out

Dr. D

Veteran
Iv been meaning to make my own bubbler cloner for a couple of months now and after seeing 00420's and Harry Gypsna's ideas i thought id show mine i think someone else did a thread on theres too cant remember who :confused: so heres wot u need.....

one air pump and tubing

one container with lid, i got this from a local shop for £1..bargain its got a black lid too to keep the light out and it holds 3.5 litres

one ring of porous tubing with "t"piece
This is going to be a 12 site cloner so iv cut 12 small pieces of tube with aboiut a 10mm hole i shall make 12 holes in the lid and put these in place and glue em on

oh and not forgeting the spliff to smoke while the glue is drying

im not going to use any rooting hormone but im using Bio-Bizz RootJuice at 2ml litre, ph is around 6.5

Heres the mothers im using Shit mothers #2 and #7

All the pieces of tube are put in place and glued i made the holes with a heated skewer i didnt want to risk it cracking with the drill
spliff going down nicely while the glue drys :yummy:
i had to use my ceramic 6 inche air stone cuz the ring was floating i need a sucker to stick it dowm with but theres plenty of bubbles i had to put 3 ltrs in to get it to the right level.....iv only taken three cuts off each mother for now to see how it goes....

iv held the cuts into the tubes with cotton wool for now i was gonn use rockwool but decided against it il keep an eye on the cotton wool til i can think of somethig better to hold the cuts in place

all stems are just in the water with a good amount of bubbles passing over them...hopefully thos will work well...and just make it perfect its fits in my propogater perfectly :yes:

so lets see how they go...anfd if i need it i can heat them cuz my pop is heated i might test it out and see wot temp the water gets too it does heart up alot....il update with my progress

G

Very cool - Good job with the project & the thread /

Good blessings on the rest of your grows & life

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
I've always had better success when I use my dome. I may give this a try and incorporate my humidity dome :chin:

Nice job Dr D :yes:

Dr. D

Veteran
Fredster Farmer HOG thanks for stoppin by...i just checked em its nice and humid in there and the water is warm to the touch i looked at the stems and a few of em hav like black scum on them but it also looks like those are starting to root...yes in less than 24 HOURS any ideas to the scum is it normal good/bad???

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Id keep a very close eye though with the dome matey....mine was abandoned after they damped off. I think using Hydroton also contributed to it by slowing them down but id stil say keep a close eye on them! also, I wouldnt advise filling a heated prop with water as ur inviting electrocution. I Did have the exact same idea for heating the soloution, but I decided its just too risky. Careful mate! :eek:
ill be ,making a proper aero cloner tomorrow, I finally got some spinners :yes: ...i just wanna get a nice tub tomorrow and then il be constructing it!
nice work D.
I am wondering of those Go grow plugs(same as rapid rooters!) would be ok in an aero cloner same as roclwool?? soon find out huh!
so, i have the other variation n the wick cloner to do, and this aero one this week....happy dayz, lol.

G

Root Rott!

Root Rott!

Nice Clone Bubbler Home Brew Doc,
Like H.O.G I preffer the chamber always get better results. I hope that's not Root Rott Slime! it sounds aweful like it man! Good luck and hey Guardian Angel works a treat with root rot or a lo Peroxide Bath 5% Peroxide ;) Good luck man and I can't wait to try some of your new Clones perhaps I can get them too Fire up this time... :canabis:

Dr. D

Veteran
hey icu thanks man...Harry the water is in the container and the container is sat in the prop and the its not rot but black slime on the stem where its sat in the water but the cuts with the slime have started to root in less than 24 hrs...... :confused:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
LOL, sorry matey, Im soo mashed, i must have zobed off, ?I for some reason, switched the tub in ur design, for u using a heated prop as the base for it, lol....soz, I womnder what that is going on with the black then?? R u sure theyre rootig and its not someting else? 24 hours seems a bit, quick really, lucky fucker!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
do you have any typeof thermometer you could check the water temps with?? I know that with aqurium heaters, u have to set them lower than you wnt the water or it will go too hot? maybe something similar is goping on. Either way, black slime cant be a good thing can it mate? hope theyre cool!

Dr. D

Veteran
well they are lookin good so far no drooping or anything il get some pics done tomorrow and show the slime, it doesnt smell or anything so il wait and see..its only a test run reall so il wait and see...im pretty sure they are rootin i can see little roots coming but il check again tomoz...and get ur ass in chat man u never come in there lol :joint:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Dr D
Cheers on the cloner - nice job! I just finished a similar one and it's loaded with my first clone attempt - one each morning star and flo. Put 'em in last night, checked this a.m. and they still look happy. Keeping my fingers crossed that my first victims survive to mom-hood!!!

Cheers -MGJ

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Hey there D...soon as im on Broadband i will, but for some reason I just cant get in chat here or many other places. I can ifI sio desire oin AOL chat, but Who wants to, hahaha

Dr. D

Veteran
Thanks MrGJHarry get that broadband sorted :biglaugh: ..anyway all is well so far, iv still got the scum on the stems in the water but evrything seems ok the curts look healthy and the about three of the six have the scum on them and they are all showing very small roots maybe its just the Rootjuice collecting on the stems..heres some pics dunno if u can see the roots that have started but u can see the scum

il change the water tomorrow, theyve been in htere since monday so some i thnik its best to keep the water as fesh as poss...anyone any ideas on the scum???

G

hey dr.d , I prefer plain ol tap h2o in my cloner (I dont ever change it, just top it off).. I would have to assume the scum is caused by the root juice.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
yhiya D.....We're just waiting on em installing it!
Why dont u give a couple of these things a try mate
only 15p each....

These are my mango's, ready to go in the Dual Flow....well, I dunno abput ready, im not sure wether to bang em straight in there or wot??
urs still lok ok matey, still living anyway...always a good sign :biglaugh:
Be lucky
EDIT I have decided to use my spinners and make a little 15 site aero tub to develop my roots a bit before they go in the system.....gonn a log off n get to work, lol, somthing to do on Easter at least! (No offence to any1 who cares about religion)

Dr. D

Veteran
Hey Harry wot r those rooting cubes called and where dya get em from???? im up for trying alsorts of rooting mediums...Hellinksi thanks for ur input il try straight water next time round, i was wrong about wot i thought were roots starting at the begining..but now i have like white calous's forming on the ends of all the stems???? is this normal..i take it the roots form from the calous's heres some pics

hope u can see em ok the flash is a bit bright, il up date wen i see some roots forming...peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Ye, the callouses are where the roots will pop out of.
the cubes are called "Go-grow" cubes.. also known as "Fleximix",They are made by Hydrogarden!! they do biger ones for these to fit inside too, and loose media! Its like a sponge made of soil!
easy peasy, cut it, dip it and shove it in there! I get a pin then if the hole is a bit wider than the stem, yuse the pin to fluff the edge of it, and fill the hole over slightly!.
Hazeyfontazy put a pic of sum that he uses, called Root riot...from Growth technologies....same thing....theye basically like those rapid rooters that we see the americans using!
1st roots in 10 days I saw....apparently when all factors are perfect and with an easy cloning strain, they will do it in 5-7! If u use a propagator, heated....fill it with Perlite and vermiculite and bury em halfway in it! water it in soits nice and moist...sorted, no fuss, if u get the moisture level right u wont need to spray em.. I do though an keep it a little less moist..spraying very lightly 2 times a day with Rhizotonic and Bio-Pak. Once rooted ive added a bit of formulex!
Im gonna try a whole grow done purely in this stuff iof i can get some of the 3 inch"Flexipots" which is what they call em...and a bag of the loose stuff. they also to it in sheets, it looks like a 4 inch cube I think what are in sheets!
im gonna try aero cloning too....proper aero though i mean, not (and I love this name from OG!!) "Cheapo aero"" lol, bubble cloners....theyre cool... but im moving on !
watch out for my DIY thread coming later.....I have justr sprayed the tub. and it only takes an hour to dry! I will get final pics of it and do the thread...then set it up tomorrow! this one is for after they have actually rooted...to develop a good root system fast!! As I have named it, a "Pre-grower", then im gonna make another for cloning as well this week!

Dr. D

Veteran
i got roots on a few now but not all its been 17 days now a little slow i thought...all cuts look healthy im gonna pot a couple of em today and see how they go, all i need is one of each pheno for my two mothers the others are going to friends.....heres some pics

i gonna put some fresh water in and put a few more cuts in and see if they are quicker with just plain water..... :wave:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Ye, I really dont think it was ever these bubble cloners that were fast.....just easy u know.. the proper aero ones, they sposed to be the fast ones, and once I get rid of this cold ill set up that thingy to do some cloning, as my Mango clones can go straight into the system now and wont be needing the Pre grow thingy, lol

i knocked another bubbler cloner together though whilst i was bored

it now has some holes in the white lid part and i have some cuts in there now using it as a normal bubble cloner, but it can also be a wick cloner, by swapping the top piece for the other one and the trays that fit it.... could use it that way and forget about it! i love messing about making things and trying stuff out.... all the things im messing with at the mo are my "Prototypes" lol......Id love to design smething one day that i could market, but u ca be sure I wont be oputting that up online for all and sundry to see before its patented, lol.
sorry for the outrageous hijacking man.
ur clones look really good by the way....it must be what u had in the water, mine usually take about the same time in bubbler, but look a reall fuking mess by then, lol with deficiencies apleanty and the bare minimuh of green to keep it alive, lol. nice going!
Be lucky mate