in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > NJ Medical Marijuana

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Mars Hydro for Growroom Lights and Tents
NJ Medical Marijuana Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2008, 06:44 PM #1
xOOx
big primpin'

xOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the rough
NJ Medical Marijuana

N.J. Senate approves medical marijuana bill
Monday, December 15, 2008
TRENTON BUREAU

A Senate committee today cleared a measure that would allow medical use of marijuana in New Jersey.

The Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee voted to approve the long-stalled bill by a 6 to 1 margin; two senators abstained.

The bill calls for creating “alternative treatment centers” where people with chronic and terminal diseases would be allowed access to marijuana. Supporters say marijuana is a viable treatment option to alleviate pain in many cases.

“It is the definition of basic human decency that we do whatever we can to ease the pain and suffering of people living with severe chronic and terminal diseases,” said bill sponsor Sen. Nicholas Scutari, D-Union. “When all other avenues of currently-approved pain relief have been exhausted, we need to give doctors the freedom to prescribe medical marijuana to give their patients a measure of comfort and dignity in the face of their debilitating diseases. This bill is about the most humane, compassionate option for those state residents who have nowhere else to turn in managing their illnesses.”

If ultimately approved by the full Legislature and signed by Governor Corzine, New Jersey would be the 14th state to allow medical use of marijuana.

A Senate committee today cleared a measure that would allow medical use of marijuana in New Jersey.

The Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee voted to approve the long-stalled bill by a 6 to 1 margin; two senators abstained.

The bill calls for creating “alternative treatment centers” where people with chronic and terminal diseases would be allowed access to marijuana. Supporters say marijuana is a viable treatment option to alleviate pain in many cases.

“It is the definition of basic human decency that we do whatever we can to ease the pain and suffering of people living with severe chronic and terminal diseases,” said bill sponsor Sen. Nicholas Scutari, D-Union. “When all other avenues of currently-approved pain relief have been exhausted, we need to give doctors the freedom to prescribe medical marijuana to give their patients a measure of comfort and dignity in the face of their debilitating diseases. This bill is about the most humane, compassionate option for those state residents who have nowhere else to turn in managing their illnesses.”

If ultimately approved by the full Legislature and signed by Governor Corzine, New Jersey would be the 14th state to allow medical use of marijuana.

----------------

am i dreaming guys?

NO!! Corzine WILL sign it.

woohoo!!

xoox

Last edited by xOOx; 12-15-2008 at 06:48 PM..
xOOx is offline Quote

Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 PM #2
big mike

big mike will become famous soon enoughbig mike will become famous soon enough
I listened all morning...

when does the vote of approval by the full Legislature occur?
big mike is offline Quote

Old 12-15-2008, 09:31 PM #3
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
if this passes and i can get a script, i can come out of retirement !!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOT
i thought we would be the last state to fall, we are quite nazi-esque in jerz.
its def a step in the right direction!
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 PM #4
Storm Crow

Storm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really niceStorm Crow is just really nice
Have you written/emailed/called your politician today? Unless you tell them, how will they know just how much you support MMJ? I'm willing to bet that you already have, Mike! I know you! How about you, Frank?- and the rest of you guys, too!

Flood them with messages!

Make your voice heard!

Remind them who's boss!

Granny

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...=1#post2556045

Granny's list- Now on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf
Storm Crow is offline Quote

Old 12-15-2008, 10:41 PM #5
big mike

big mike will become famous soon enoughbig mike will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMNJ
The Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee conducted a hearing and then voted favorably on “The New Jersey Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act” S119, on Monday, December 15th in the State House Annex. Six of the senate committee members voted in favor of the bill and only one member voted against the bill. There were two abstentions. Nick Scutari, the original senate sponsor of the bill, argued passionately for its approval. He said there was, “No price we would not pay, no limits we would not go” to protect our loved ones from suffering needlessly. He also quoted the National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine (IOM) report when he said to those who argued that we should wait for FDA approval of marijuana: “There is little comfort in the promise of a better drug 10 years from now.” Sen. Scutari also noted how the IOM’s recommendation to conduct clinical trials of medical marijuana has been ignored by the federal government.

Many professional healthcare organizations have endorsed medical marijuana and a number of them testified to this at the Senate Health Committee hearing. Dr. Denis Petro explained how he conducted the first American study of marijuana’s beneficial effects for multiple sclerosis (MS) patients that was published in 1981. Testimony was also heard from members of the Drug Policy Alliance and from supporters of the Coalition for Medical Marijuana--New Jersey, Inc. (CMMNJ). A representative of Prairie Plant Systems was videoconferenced into the hearing to explain how medical marijuana was grown and distributed in Canada.

CMMNJ applauds the committee’s vote as this represents significant progress in medical marijuana legislation in New Jersey. The bill now goes to the entire Senate for a vote, possibly as early as January, 2009. The bill has yet to be voted on in the Assembly, but Governor Corzine has said that he would sign the bill when it gets to his desk. Thirteen states have laws that protect medical marijuana users and now New Jersey is poised to become the 14th state to protect patients who use marijuana with a doctor’s recommendation.
As early as January!?!

You know me too well granny!!
big mike is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 AM #6
barletta
Bandaid

barletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nicebarletta is just really nice
GARDEN STATE!!!
barletta is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 04:43 AM #7
UBER21

Rock on jerzey peeps......rock the fuck on........

Old 12-16-2008, 01:58 PM #8
Bigdogg

Bigdogg is on a distinguished road
Will this be on TV

Its our time Jersey!
Bigdogg is offline Quote

Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM #9
xOOx
big primpin'

xOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the roughxOOx is a jewel in the rough
i have a feeling it's going to pass, but the restrictions on obtaining a card are going to be really tough. i have mild glaucoma - a high IOP 38+ which vanished after i started smoking more regularly, not abuse, just small amounts. when i went back to the eye doc for a follow up, he said my IOP was better then normal <20. i didn't tell him i was smoking.. didn't want to open that can of worms - he said it must of been an acute case.

yeah, sure. maybe it was, but i'm not going to find out. and not going to be popping eye drops in my eye for it forever.

sometimes i get really bad lower back pain too, down my right leg where it even hurts to stand up.. have to move like a robot for a while. but that issue has been gone for years, until i take an extended break, then i remember!! usually after a week or two, i will move in the wrong direction for just a second..which wouldn't of been a big deal when puffing, but click! a week of pain...

it still holds promise if it passes. later amendments to it later may include more lenient approvals. maybe it can remove some government imposed guilt at least if it goes into effect.

also, i think nj is a pretty hip state! the lawmakers know the deal - they also can figure out the new administration coming in is going to be somewhat more lax then the previous on the mj issue - they don't want to miss the bandwagon on this one.. in the future.. tax on med mj, $$$, etc. money talks.. don't want to be the sucker state with no mj law and not making cash, right?

let's hope they do the right thing, for whatever reason!

xoox

Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM #10
SugarShack

SugarShack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdogg
Will this be on TV

Its our time Jersey!
It was on the channle 2 and 4 news last night
SugarShack is offline Quote