What's new

12 Bucket DWC - 2000w - Romulan & Bubbakush

SpoCannabis

10251SpoCannabisOLD-thumb.gif

Well...here is my newest grow...its been a long time since I did a grow diary on here so I thought I would do it again. First off, this is our first run at the location I'll be posting about...so we are still working out quite a few things. Always open to any suggestions!!

We built cut off part of our storage and created an 8x10 veg/flower room, and a 4x8 clone/mother room. Currently, we have a bookshelf set up on sliding rails that covers the half door to the growroom. Not designed to be extremely stealth, but if someone stumbles into the area, the idea was to keep them from seeing what was going on. The area is completely locked off as a safety measure as well.

The clone/mom room has a single, stationary 400w MH. The 8x10 room has 2 - 1000 HPS (hortilux bulbs) on 6' Hydrofarm light rails. As the title states, it is design to be a 12 bucket room - eventually a recirc dwc, but right now due to the timing and circumstances, this first run will be individual buckets. This room is difficult in a couple ways...it did not have power in this part of the building so we had to run heavy gauge extension cord from two different circuits into the room. It also, being a closed space, has very little fresh air coming in. However, outside the growroom it is extremely cold and the growroom ceiling is approx 20ft high... We have an 8" Vortex C-Fan - approx 800cfm hooked to a Can-Filter 38 Special (4ft I believe) and piped out through an exhaust pipe to the roof. As well as three wall-mounted oscillating fans (2 in big room, 1 in clone/mom room). Once the weather warms up, we will be adding an A/C unit for obvious reasons.

We use 5gal buckets with small net pot lids with hydroton for our medium. Our nutrients are 100% Botanicare - I swear by it. For this grow we are using Pure Blend Pro Grow/Bloom, Liquid Karma, Hydro Guard, and Sweet (during the flowering process). We have two GH dual-diaphram pumps that power the airline and airstones in the 12 buckets.

We are running two strains, I prefer to do only one at a time but oh well. The strains are Romulan, Hindu Kush and Bubbakush...all from clone. We are currently about a week into the grow. About a week ago, we transplanted rooted clones into the DWC buckets and began a light nutrient mix as well as covering them with plastic baggies to create a humidity dome effect for the rooting process. As you can see in the pictures, the clones are doing quite well, with the exception of a couple that were burned before coming into our possession.

Here are some pictures of the progress so far...hope you stick around for the whole grow...it should be interesting. DWC is my favorite method, and I believe I am pretty good with it.... Thanks for visiting, I'll update soon!!

Last edited:

HydroFarmer

Looks good. I run 12 buckets as well. I will be pulling up a chair for this one....

Good Luck and Be safe...Peace

SpoCannabis

Thank you both!! Stick around, should get interesting ;-)

UPDATE: All but two of the babies have roots sticking down into the water. And the two buckets missing babies should have a lil girl in them in a day or two. Will be continuing to top off with a low mix of PBP-G, Liquid Karma, and of course the Hydroguard...

Last edited:
K

KINGKONG

WOW man, love that hidden room. Been thinking about adding a bookshelf door to my room. They make them to just go in place of the door. Pretty damn cool and you cant really tell anything is there.

Ill be watching this one. Good luck man

SpoCannabis

Heheh...

Heheh...

KINGKONG said:
WOW man, love that hidden room. Been thinking about adding a bookshelf door to my room. They make them to just go in place of the door. Pretty damn cool and you cant really tell anything is there.

Ill be watching this one. Good luck man

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Stick around, we will be improving the door/entrance as well!! ;-)

Blaze made a VERY nice shelving unit/hidden door. Definitely worth checking out, he explains in detail how he created it as well. blazeonup - "The Best Dam Grow Show"

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged.looks like a slick setup yo.so ya just spread out the buckets as thet gro or what?
peace -T-

SpoCannabis

Tonatiuh said:
tagged.looks like a slick setup yo.so ya just spread out the buckets as thet gro or what?
peace -T-

Thanks man, looks like you have quite a Groasis as well heh. I will be repositioning the buckets here in a couple days to their final resting point and will turn on the other 1000w once I do that.

On a side note, looks like they are all showing roots which I'm stoked about! :jump:

SpoCannabis

Happily Medicated . . .

Happily Medicated . . .

10251SpoCannabis-thumb.JPG

Well...as I was sitting back, watching 'House', smoking some of this LOVELY Purple Diesel :joint: thought I would snap a couple pics...

...here are a few pics from my first DWC grow I found on my camera from several years back - it was a great harvest. One plant alone yielded over 6.5oz's of Hells Angel.

...the purple diesel I was puffin on...I am a fan, I will probably write up a smoke report on it here soon...

...my best friend haha...

... and the babies - recovering well ;-) ...

Last edited:
Wow I love the setup. Very stealthly, and nice. How are your temps doing? Also you say that come summer you plan on add a a/c unit for cooling just wondering what your plans are for adding that unit as concerning the stealth aspect? What type of a/c are you considering? I am wondering because come summer I am gonna need to go with some cooling myself and really have nowhere to vent the exhuast for an a/c.

Nice start though, those lil ladies are rooting down good.

Oh yeah one more question are you keeping track of ppm's, ph, or just going by expierence?

HydroFarmer

6.5 zips from one bucket!!!!

6.5 zips from one bucket!!!!

Thats freakin' sweet.... :yes:

Looking really good on the recovery. BTW, I decided to upgrade my rig last night. Added 4 more buckets and plan on taking some cuts tonight to throw in the cloner.... :jump:

Keep up the good work!!

Peace.... :joint:

SpoCannabis

hehateme19 said:
How are your temps doing? Also you say that come summer you plan on add a a/c unit for cooling just wondering what your plans are for adding that unit as concerning the stealth aspect?

Oh yeah one more question are you keeping track of ppm's, ph, or just going by expierence?

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate the feedback - stick around!! Temps are great right now - holding right around 74-76. Only one light is on right now - 1 x 1000w HPS and I don't even have the Vortex running yet, so I'm pretty stoked about that!! :jump: I will be adding the a/c unit inside the room, nothing too large but haven't calculated exactly how large I need quite yet. I will exhaust the a/c unit out of the vent pipe that is already in place that we used for heat exhaust. Just putting a vent pipe T-flange and connect both =).

I don't really track PPMs, EC, or PH. The nutrients I use automatically balance the ph. I used to track PPM, but anymore I just go by my nute mixture and only check PPM if I see a problem.

HydroFarmer said:
Thats freakin' sweet.... :yes:

Looking really good on the recovery. BTW, I decided to upgrade my rig last night. Added 4 more buckets and plan on taking some cuts tonight to throw in the cloner.... :jump:

Keep up the good work!!

Peace.... :joint:

Niiiice!!! Can't wait to see. BTW, that 6.5oz's was from a 400w HPS ;-)

Thanks again, K+ to you both

Last edited:
Ok last crazy question. You say that you are planning on venting the ac out of the same vent pipe, nice. Stupid question maybe.......but are you saying that you are planning on using a in room ac unit??? I know summer is a while off and your probably not really thinking about all that and probably wonder why I'm asking unimportant questions right now. Reason I am concerned is that again I too am needing to introduce some cooling in the Bloom room come April or May and need some help. We are pretty much running the same thing (dwc 5 gallon buckets, no res currently) I am 12/12in it with 1 1000watt hps on light mover, and veggin with 1 400 watt hps and 1 4ft 8bulb t5 setup (so I guess we you are doing it quite a bit larger then me but close enough) But I know come summer the temps will be out of control with the 1000 watt. Just wondering what you are planning on since it seems that you have some good expierence with pulling some nice shit (6.5 ozs on a 400 watt!!!!!!! CRAZY PHAT SHIT

Thanx ahead of time

Last edited:

SpoCannabis

Yes, we will have to use an in-room portable unit. I use one similar to this one in one of my patient's rooms. Depending on how high your temperatures are now, you might be able to get away using a smaller 9,000 btu a/c unit. Hope this helps ;-)

I had heard that the in room A/Cs dont really do that well. Good to know that you have had success using on before. I want to get one before the summer and portable is really my only option. Thanks for the advice

SpoCannabis

Hmm...I think they are quite effective if the room's ventilation is adequate as well.

On a side note we got plenty of roots popping through on all the babies. I have a couple more Bubbakush that I just rooted that will be going in there as well. Plan on flushing and mixing a bit more aggressive nute mix here in about 4-5 days.

Ok dont get sick of my questions please.................But you say that an in room a/c should work well with adequate ventilation in the grow room. But if you are venting all of the air out are u not going to suck all of the a/c air out as well????
Again reason I ask is that I am going to buy one (thinking about purchasing now so that maybe I can save some $$$)

But do us keep the exhaust fan on while the ac is on????? Would it not suck out all of the cooled air??? Just wondering, dont have one yet but was wondering on setup and running of A/c unit.

How do you keep the cool air in???

SpoCannabis

Anything I can do to help ;-)

There are several ways. One is to apply the laws of science in the sense that heat rises and cool air falls - exhaust from the top of the room, or nearest to your lights (aircooled hood?). You can't expect a small 12k BTU a/c unit to completely exchange and cool all the air within your room, with no other ventilation.

SpoCannabis

Back Online!! Read... lol

Back Online!! Read... lol

UPDATE: Well...it seems I have been the only one having problems accessing the site... :fsu: Somehow my IP was banned or something because I changed my static IP and the site came up just fine. That's lame as hell...

Dec 12th
Wow...it seems like IC Mag has been down FOREVER today; I'm hoping we'll be back online tomorrow. I realized how addicted I've become to ICMag again lately...hmmm. Well anyways, good news in the garden - all but one are just taking off with insane growth, and the runt is coming along. Tomorrow I will be bringing in the two to complete the 12 buckets. We have been lightly pruning the larger plants of their dead/damaged fan leaves; we intend to FIM all 12 babies once they get to about 8"-10". In two days I will be doing a full flush and going to a mild nute mix (with CalMag added), and will top off with nute mix and water (alternating days). Couple of days ago we started leisurly spraying down the plants with low ppm ph adjusted water...they seems to really be enjoying that. Hopefully within the next week or two we will get the buckets into their final positions and turn the second 1000w on, as well as the fan. With the space we have, we are planning on vegging the plants to about 12"-18" before the flip to 12/12. Once in 12/12, we will make the switch to the PBP-Bloom, and also add Sweet throughout the flowering process. Sweet and water will be used during the final flush before harvest. MmMmM...I can't wait! ;-) :joint: I am leaving on a snowboarding trip :rock on: second week of January, so I am hoping they will behave for their caretaker ;-).

Dec 13th
Well I came in this morning and to my surprise ICMag is STILL DOWN!! WTF?!? Arrrgh...Well, I snapped some shots of the girls going crazy. What can I say? I'm bored not having ICMag online haha...so pathetic it seems. And IMO none of the other forums are worthwhile....sigh....I guess I just miss OG. ICMag is the only thing that has come close to OG that I have found. Anyways... Ima smoke :joint: and hope the site comes back soon and this isn't permanent...

Anyways...since I'm back on the forum lol :joint: - expect some updates ;-) :jump:

showing a lil cold in this pic only because the light was all the way at the end of the rail and on its way back...