What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mixin's nycd grow - supercropped new york city diesel

mixin

finally got around to post some pics of my nyc diesel grow. grown organic in pro-mix with botanicare, advanced nutrients, b'cuzz etc... vegged/cloned under 250mh & flowered under 250hps with Co2

here it goes from the start

thanks attitude!!!!!!!!!!!
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23271-nycd-souveniers.jpg

poking its head out
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23236-nycd-seedling.jpg

loving the 250 metal halide from the beginning!
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23237-nycd-seedling-2.jpg

nycd #1 got covered with hydroton to make watering easier
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23238-nycd-seedling-3.jpg

nycd#1 getting fatter
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23239-nycd-seedling-4.jpg

clones pulled from the bottom and about to go into 12/12
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23240-nycd-vegging.jpg

from above
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23241-all-three-nycd.jpg

first day under hps
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23242-nycd-flowering.jpg

finally buds are forming!!!!! and plants are really reaching for the sky...
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23243-nycd-begin-flower.jpg

beautiful little nugs are forming everywhere
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23245-nycd-budding.jpg

reaching higher still, about to be supercropped...
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23246-nycd-stretching.jpg

clones are bubbling away
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23247-nycd-clones.jpg

revegged some nugs that were already 6 weeks into flowering. they really look weird for a few days until regular weed leaves begin to appear again.
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23248-revegged-clones.jpg

supercropping was necessary or they would be outside the tent by now. i learned here not to try to rebend at a joint or it will crack the stalk.
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23249-nycd-supercropped.jpg

nice angles make way for more light
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23250-nycd-supercropped-2.jpg

another supercrop pic
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23251-nycd-supercropped-3.jpg

and again
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23252-nycd-supercropped-4.jpg

and again
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23254-nycd-supercropped-6.jpg

looking up through the canopy
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23255-nycd-looking-up.jpg

and another
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23256-nycd-looking-up-2.jpg

my prized posession so far. my nycd #1 girl has formed a forked head on the top cola! i have healthy clones of this one. i hope they all fork out like this! day 29
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23257-nycd-two-headed-bud.jpg

gotta love it! so far nyc diesel is an amazing plant. can't wait to see how it smokes. currently this is at day 29 flowering
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23258-nycd-two-headed-bud-2.jpg

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
u should supercrop your girls in veg.
you waited too long.
gotta keep em short to keep stretch dowm.

mixin

cocktail frank said:
u should supercrop your girls in veg.
you waited too long.
gotta keep em short to keep stretch dowm.

they were only 9 inches tall when i stopped vegging them. not much to supercrop at 9 inches tall? how do i do that?

mixin

here are some pics of my nycd clones in my raft rooter

running out of room to veg...
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23276-nycd-clones-2.jpg

nice healthy clones
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23277-nycd-clones-3.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23278-nycd-clones-4.jpg

whitebox

mixin said:
they were only 9 inches tall when i stopped vegging them. not much to supercrop at 9 inches tall? how do i do that?
Hi Mixin,

congrats on the cloner, and the reveged budz.

i also like the NYC diesel very much man, is the first strain i grow and i think i'll keep it a long time in my mothers cupboard.

nice plant and setup Mixin.

Cheers.

.WB.

a diesel bud at around 40 days of 12/12, not a big yielder but a crazy stone high.

whitebox

congrats.

congrats.

mixin said:
Hi Mixin,

congrats on the cloner, and the reveged budz.

i also like the NYC diesel very much man, is the first strain i grow and i think i'll keep it a long time in my mothers cupboard.

nice plant and setup Mixin.

Cheers.

.WB.

a diesel bud at around 40 days of 12/12, not a big yielder but a crazy stone high.

guanito

hi mixin. nice supercropping. I scrog, but the screens make it difficult to work in my small box, so maybe supercropping's the way. less messy.
cheers!

mixin

thanks for the replies i have been tying down my girls a little to keep them from touching the protective glass plate on my 250w hps. they still have some reach to them. they are beginning to really look good. i will post some more pics soon

mixin

here are some more shots of my girls. they are really budding nice! tight little nugs everywhere around the bottoms and they are filling out nicely on the top, super-cropped main colas.

i realized that i was getting a little nute burn looks on the tips of my leaves. i learned that when i water my plants, i must remove all the runoff water from the container that catches it so that the roots don't sit in that salty mix. learned not to do that again! hopefully it won't effect them much as they are now in day 35 of flowering.

here are some pics. keep in mind that i have them all tied up with fishing line to prevent them from hitting the lights!

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23987-nycd-nug.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23988-nycd-nugs-2.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23989-nycd-nugs-3.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23990-nycd-nugs-4.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture23991-nycd-nugs-5.jpg

mixin

i love my girls!!! got them flushed and fed today with a good organic mix today. i am expecting them to start filling out in the next few days. they are really starting to stink. new air fresheners are very important in staying stealth. vanilla air fresheners hide new york city diesel smell great! i highly recommend buying at least 5 extra refills and if you ever need them you have them. because when the smell hits, its full on.

hear are some pics today

popcorn willie
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24122-nycd-nugs-6.jpg

two top colas from two different plants. they are tied up with fishing line to keep them in control and from totally touching the lights. they outgrew me definately
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24123-nycd-nugs-7.jpg

double-headed nycd nug
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24124-nycd-nugs-8.jpg

touching the glass
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24125-nycd-nugs-9.jpg

huge nycd clones in bubble cloner
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24126-nycd-nugs-10.jpg

mixin

here is an update with pics! today i watered for the first time with a tablespoon of molassas... plus voodoo juice, and some liquid karma. i think i will use molassas from here on out (day 41 flowering) and i hope it really helps the buds fill out nice and fat!!! trichomes are just starting to appear everywhere and the smell is... well... strong....

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24818-under-hps.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24812-nycd-bud.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24813-nycd-bud-2.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24814-nycd-bud-3.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24815-nycd-double-bud.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24816-nycd-double-bud-2.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture24817-nycd-trichomes-forming.jpg

Last edited:

mixin

thanks dude. i think they are really about to add some weight in the next couple weeks (at least i hope)

gonna have them fed with only the best organics and possibly a tablespoon of molasses with every watering. they have at least 30 days til they get chopped, so i am going to feed them good till christmas and then just molasses and water for the last 2 weeks.

does anyone think that is a good / bad idea?

mixin

does anyone know if i should add a tablespoon of molassas every watering now? i have 3 gallon pots and i water about every 2-3 days

mixin

well since i haven't been told NOT to add a tablespoon of molasses with every watering i have been using it for the past 3-4 waterings. so basically my girls are getting watered every two days. today they got a moderate dose of 1 tbs mollasses, 15ml of pure blend pro bloom, 3/4 tbs of b'cuzz bloom, 12ml of botanicare sweet in the gallon of water i fed them today.

they are starting to get some red hairs in the buds now so this next month should be fun to watch them fill out!!! here is a bunch of random pics i just took so here goes. they are all tied up now so every cola gets maximum light. hope you like :canabis:

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25682-nycd-day-45-buds.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25683-nycd-day-45-buds-2.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25684-nycd-day-45-buds-3.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25685-nycd-day-45-buds-4.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25686-nycd-day-45-buds-5.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25687-nycd-day-45-buds-6.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25688-nycd-day-45-buds-7.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25689-nycd-day-45-buds-8.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25690-nycd-day-45-buds-9.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25691-nycd-day-45-buds-10.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25692-nycd-day-45-buds-11.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25693-nycd-day-45-buds-12.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25694-nycd-day-45-buds-13.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25695-nycd-day-45-buds-14.jpg

mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25696-nycd-side-view.jpg

here is my latest canopy shot. all top colas tied up a bunch of different ways and are making the best of the 250w hps (can't wait to use a 400 or 600w in the future)
mixin-albums-nycd-08-picture25710-nycd-day-45-tied-off.jpg

Last edited:

guanito

i don't know if you're supposed to add the molasses at every feeding, but it sure doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong!
that 250hps does a good job.
k+

mixin

thanks guanito. yeah i am not sure about the molasses deal completely. although the plants have been appearing to love it. i wish that my pictures did my plants justice. they are turning into nice fat colas in most places. the crystals a really starting to turn up everywhere and the reddish colored hairs are starting to appear in the buds. they have at least another month to get after it too. more pics will becoming soon so check back

Latest posts

Latest posts