What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellow fan leaves with brown spotting!! HELP

Hi, I'm having a weird problem with my plants. I'm on week 5 of flowering and 2 weeks ago all the fan leaves started turning yellow and a TON of brown spots on them. I've searched the site but havn't come across any pictures of info that can help. The strain is B52-bomber from Almighty Seeds(WW X Lionheart) im using soiless mix and i'm not certain of the ppm but i am using only half the suggested dosage for the ferts. The yellowing started near the base of the plant and worked its way up. I'm in a total panic because now every fan leaf is yellow and COVERED in brown spots. Ive checked for pests and nothing seems to be present(i keep a very clean space) I figure its a deficiency of some sort but have no idea as to what is locked out. I have pics but i need a few more posts under my belt. Any help would be much appreciated! I don't wanna lose my girls

W

Weedman Herb

Are you saying you've been giving it 1/2 strength nutes from the beginning of flower or half of what's suggested on a graduated feeding schedule? What is your medium and what nutes are you using? You really need to tell us a bit more than some random soilless medium and half strength nutes of unknown origin ... They sound underfed

Thanks for the quick reply! The soiless mix is called BM1 soilless mix it comes in a compressed bail. It claims 75-85% peat moss 15-20% perlite, and 5-10% vermiculite. Nutes are made by Optimum Hydroponics( i know what your thinking but i have used the same stuff 4 previous grows without ill effect) Its a 2 part fertilizer.
Part A is 6 0 3 Part B is 1 4 8 And I'm using G.E.T Powerthrive B supplement which is 0.5 2 1. I cut back the nutes because it was burning the tips and thats when this happenned. Hope this helps. thanks

Tolpan

Always^hard to tell without pics! Show us some.

I have the same probs, but I know it's me who caused it!
I have powdery mildow and sprayed all my plants with different stuff to remove the PM! That's why mine look burned!
A friend if mine had the same probs, but he gave too much water!

That's a picture of my Lemon Stinky, that was sprayed with a mix of water and baking soda! Does it look like that?

All the best and Welcome to ICmag!

Tolpan

tree&leaf

Well, without further information or pictures it's impossible to say what the problem is, anything would be guesswork.

From what you've said, that your leaves have started turning yellow from the bottom upwards, suggests a mobile element deficiency, which could be Mg, Nitrogen or Potassium as those are main mobile nutrients. What it also suggests is that your feeding amount/schedule is wrong.

If you're growing in a soiless mix (which is effectively hydroponically) the only nutrients the plant receives are the ones you feed it, so you need to ensure the ph is correct and that you have an ec or ppm meter to tell you the correct feed doses.

This is all consistent with what you've said, too much feed burnt them, too little has produced a deficiency - you need to find the correct level for your plants and you can only do that with an ec/ppm meter.

Here's what they look like. I really hope it can be fixed so i can take her to at least 8-9 weeks. Once again, any help is much appreciated. SHe needs to be fed in the next 24hrs and I don't want to make it worse

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have a pic of the whole plant? The only way to really know what is going on at this point is to check the pH and ppms (or ec) of the runoff. I can tell you that I used to use the Berjer(sp?) BM1 for a few bales and found it to be inconsistent. The last time I used it I checked runoff before using it and the ppm's were in the 3000's and the pH was below 5. Thats when I stopped using it. I went back to light warrior and promix for uppotting after that. Pro mix has been very consistent in the last year. At this point, if you are going to 8 weeks, there is not alot you can do if its pH. You could try spot misting the fan leaves with a foliar feed and see if any color comes back. Use a shield of some kind to avoid getting the flowers wet. if its just a deficiency you may be able to straighten it out a bit yet. Get a pH kit from your closest hardware store, fish store or hydro shop, if ya can and water the plants until runoff of 10% water or solt'n then test the runoff. Some spa stores have tds meters for as low as 20-30$

the whole plant looks exactly the same every leaf looks like that. I fed with plain water today. Any other ideas guys? This is my own personal medical grow and I have put alot of time and effort. If they get any worse I'll have to throw them out because theyre too premature to harvest and may not make it another 3-4 weeks if I cant figure this out Thanks

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
cal def, plus perhaps some issues from being rootbound.

Feed some cal mag but those damaged leaves won't recover and will die and fall off.

The yellowing this far into flowering is okay.

Yes, get a ph tester, some ph up and ph down. The digipens are the best if you plan on doing this long term.

Last edited:

tree&leaf

Would you be kind enough to update this thread with the results of your actions, because I don't beleive feeding those plants with Calmag is going to solve the underlying cause of the problem.

Far too many people on here advocate using calmag when they haven't got the slightest clue either what's causing the problem or what the actual problem is.

I'm more than happy to retract that should using calmag solve your problem, but I don't think it will, in fact it may even make the situation worse.

If you're growing soiless hydroponically you MUST use a ph meter to regularly check the ph and use a TDS/EC meter to ensure the correct levels of feeding - you don't appear to be using either - therein lies your problem. Without using them, you're guessing and that's why you're having problems.

Calcium deficiencies are EXTREMELY uncommon on Canna grown indoors, in fact after many years of growing myself I've yet to see one either on my plants or anyone elses. Calcium is a immobile element, which means the plant cannot translocate it from old leaves, so it appears first on NEW leaves, not OLD ones. Your problem started on your LOWER OLDER leaves first which strongly suggests a moble element deficiency, not an immobile one.

I'm going to pick up a Ph/ppm meter this weekend but in the meantime what would you suggest I do Tree&Leaf if what you stated is my issue? Thanks

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I recently ran into this same issue. I'm using coco, which is the only real difference. If you're still around and you see this, what results did the pH pen bring you? Did you find your own solution?

If not, I found that I was feeding on average at about 5.8 (in coco, once again). I've since learned that bumping the pH up to 6.1 at around 3 weeks into flower prevents some of the inherent Calmag problems that come with soilless grows. Our problem was that we were feeding Calmag in addition to our Lucas Formula, not knowing that it was being locked out. This caused magnesium salt build up which showed the calmag, nitrogen, and phosphorus deficiencies we both clearly had. Hope this helps! :joint:

HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT! PLEASE!!

HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT! PLEASE!!

Here's what they look like. I really hope it can be fixed so i can take her to at least 8-9 weeks. Once again, any help is much appreciated. SHe needs to be fed in the next 24hrs and I don't want to make it worse

BUMP.... Im having the exact same problem.....as the pictures above...Im using GH nutes 3-2-1 5 weeks in 12/12.... Its only happening to a few plants, but whatever this is, it can ruin a plant QUICK! Im not so sure its a nutrient deficiency....Maybe its a fungus...Either way, i would like to find out how to correct this situatrion...IT SUCKS.... My PH is perfect, and im not over feeding...So if anyone can help me please do..I would appreciate it and be in debt to you forever...
I have somer Cal-mag but dont use it alot...I give it a half a teaspoon (2.5 ml) per gallon every 2 weeks or so...Should i give it more Cal-mag, or is that not the answer..I am using GH Floraseries 3-2-1... PLEASE HELP.... I always use 6.4 PH water and nutes for each watering.....Im really leaning towards it being Fungi...but i dont know for sure... Thanks....

BUMP BUMP BUMP same issue here. my soil pH is 6.4/ happy frog dirt, w/ perlite & worm castings. used same mix for a long time. the picture above matches my fan leaves exactly. it happens only in mid flower & only to a few plants, not all of them. all plants are clones, as well. i have tried everything w/ no solution. can anybody help solve this issue?? its been loooooong time since it was posted......

OC80

Ca/Mg or ph issue guys... add calmag 5ml/g and ph your run off/res. done.

THE AFFECTED LEAVES WILL NOT RECOVER. Its not neosporin and bandaids.

Only other possibility would be salt locking shit out.

Im thinking either salt lock out or a Fungi/bacteria infection..... A Dude named RELIEF on here says its Fungal infection... His mom is a botanist, and she confirmed it...I do know it sucks, and it can fuck shit up very fast if not taken care of quickly...Once it starts, it spreads fast....For amonth ive beenb using RO water PH'd perfectly with GH nutes...3-2-1.. with Cal-mag...in Fox Farm soil with added perlite....It seems to affect my skunk# 1's more than anything...... S U C K S! Im a few weeks from harvest..... The main thing is i want to avoid this bullshit my next run...its a pain in the ass and it effects final yield as well...

Your 5 weeks into flower using 3-2-1??????????????

When people talk about GH Flora it goes G-M-B..so veg you want 3-2-1 which is 3 parts Grow, 2 parts Micro, 1 Part Bloom......when you switch to flower you want 1-2-3. I hope you meant you are using 3 parts bloom, 2 parts micro, 1 part grow, which would be 1-2-3, not 3-2-1.

Latest posts

Latest posts