What's new

PURPLE MONKEY BALLS

Hello all i got this cut a while back in Mendocino, I was told by the same folk that it was the same as Deep Chunk, I am starting to think it's just related..

Nonetheless it's comming out to be dank, it has a very complex aroma very hard to explain, but it just makes me inpatient to get to the end of the cycle..

Very appealing to the eye and also for a clone only strain it to me is looking like a good yield. I have topped the plant and used some bending also to get a large even cannopy...
Here's some pics....
46271IMG_1507.JPG

46271IMG_1505.JPG

here's the whole plant, I just ran one large plant in my set-up on this run, for the first time growing this plant, and I will see if I am gonna dedicate a whole square meter to this strain after seeing the final yield, so far so good though :jump:
46271IMG_1220.JPG

46271IMG_1243-med.JPG

46271IMG_1278.JPG

i'll have more pics as the plant mature's

If anybody else has grown this strain out before, I would be glad to here about your experiences, yield, smoke reports and see some pics....
TB DR

Thanks for the opinions yall, that's what I was looking for...
Right now at the moment she is in week 5, and the close ups are more recent than the whole shots.....

I am looking to hear what everybody thinks abou this strain and if anyone else has grown it or smoked....

Opinions, comments are all welcome......

Anybody else????
46271IMG_1494.JPG

thanks very much for stopping by!

:joint:

S

SevenSeeds

Havn't grown that; but it looks nice....what you think yeilds will be like? very appealing to the eyes indeed! :) what is your average temps in your cab? peace...

- 7Seeds

wick650

Awesome, I've heard about purple monkey balls for a long time. It's been around for a long time, way before Tom Hill began gifting Deep Chunk seeds...

I do remember Tom Hill posting back on Overgrow that he changed the name of his line from Monkey Balls to Deep Chunk after he saw a company in Nor Cal start selling "Purple Monkey Balls" T-Shirts and stickers...

if i'm not completely mistaken, monkey balls, & hindu death cabbage are both just other names for deep chunk. it definitely looks like a lot fo the DC pics i've seen. beautiful pics! CHEERS!

Thanks kindly to all who share their time and opinions in this thread, I feel blessed to share all my grows with you kind souls.........I SMILE......

SEVEN SEEDS-- Not using a cab bro, but the temps are @ about 77 Deg. lights on / 70-72 Deg. lIghts off..
The YIELDS I would say are looking very good for a Purple Plant....

IME Purples are lower than other strains, but if you give them time to veg. and work with them, they yield a good pile of budz, ya just have to top them and bind them and anything you can do to get as many tops as possible and have them(the tops) all as even as possible...
I have never really been that disappointed as I hear others get... nothing a couple of runs won't do, and dial in...

Of course, you will never get commercial harvests like a m39, or somestrain like that, but you can always mannipulate a purple to give more dense tops..

IMO getting a plant to give you 5-10 (example) medium size tops, of "grade A" bud (being the ones getting the most light) is better than getting ONE LARGE "grade A" top and 4-7 "B grade" buds...

Just my two cents on my experiences growing most purples....

Here's some more Picture's I took Yesterday:
46271IMG_1748.JPG

46271IMG_1741.JPG

46271IMG_1739.JPG

46271IMG_1734.JPG

Hope you guys enjoy, these are just getting better and better
Love and Peaceful vibes to all who Care--------------------------------

An Eagle in the High Sky

Last edited:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I care =)

Beautiful plant you've got there Bandit. I've heard of this strain but never saw anyone growing it. Figures you'd be the one with it ;) Will be checking back to see how she finishes up for sure. Keep it green...errr purple :rasta:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
yeah bandit what a difference a couple day's make.....hella nice shot's mang..MOneY

right on thank you all for dropping by and checkin' out this magnificent specimen, she is just stunning in my opinion........
46271IMG_1739.JPG

46271IMG_1727.JPG

46271IMG_1726.JPG

Take good care and stay safe everybody

Last edited:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
B - She def. looks Deep Chunkish to me and I have heard Purple Monkey Balls thrown around as another name for the chunk. She will be gettin so frosty here in the next few weeks it will be a joy to watch. Great job! Peace!

Ohh! Check the HTC threads for pics of their real nice chunks. I think you will see alot of similarities to your lady there.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Nevermind! See you all in the threads already homie. Peace!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice girl :yes:
Looks like an hybrid to me,but I could be wrong :D
Monkey Balls
7287svenson_226-med1.jpg