What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heat??

Kooza

Not heat.Shouldn't be ph as it's been fixed.Cool temps were becoming an issue since fall has set in but that too has been fixed.It remains 77-78 constant now.Does this look like Nute burn or phosphorus Def....Or even offgassing from my sunhut?????Though the hut does not smell like plastic at all and the 2 main doors are left wide open for my fans to draw fresh air in.

What STRAIN are you growing? kush and blueberry

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) Clone

What is the age of your plants?50-60days(roughly)

How Tall are the plants? 8-18 inches

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? Flower

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) SOG

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 1-2 gallon a few in each size.

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) 75% hydro mix HP 25% Happy Frog

What Nutrient's are you using?How much of each with how much water? How Often? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* EarthJuice Grow 10ml/gal... Humbolt Honey 10ml/gal ....Liquid Karma 5ml/gal ....Sensi Cal Mag 15ml/gal

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? 5.7-6.0 Fixed for 2 weeks + runoff is now 6.7ish

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen? Pen

How often are you watering? every 4-6 days as needed..Allowing the dirt to dry 70% out before rewater.

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? 10 days ago.Feed once every 2 weeks roughly.

What size bulb are you using? 1000w Sodium + 400w sodium

What is the distance to the canopy? Was 20 inches just moved it to 30 inches

What is the canopy temperature? 75-82 Got down to 60 for a few nights before I added a heater to keep it @ 77

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range) Same as mentioned above.

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) 6" inline 435cfm on a profilter75 and 2 large oscilating fans blowing fresh air into the room.

Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Osciltating fans are.

Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard but not extremely. Iron is 1.5ppm with trace amounts of manganese.

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Well Water.

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? No

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? Azatrol when in cutting stage nothing since.

Are plant's infected with pest's? No

In addition they are in a Sun Hut XXL..The main doors always left open with oscilating fans pumping in fresh air...This problem started early on I fixed my low ph but it hasn't seemed to help.

55854Picture04_520-med.jpg

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

when you say heat spikes what are your temps...how close is the light....how soon from rooting were they transplanted?

Kooza

Temps stay 75 to 80 but hit 88 a couple days.
Light was 20 inches since has been moved to 30 away.
They were well rooted when transplanted.

Kooza

Forgot to add in the nutes Sensi cal mag was added @ 15ml/gal so I am not thinking its a mg def and both the fert'd and unfert'd plants are showing the same signs.

Kinderfeld

There is some small lockout perhaps. You want runoff of soil to be 6.5-7.0 I also use strips....5.7+ is much too low for soil...perfect for hydro. At 6.5 to 7.0 some strains like higher, some lower but complaints are rarity when kept between the two if it had to be higher or lower I would go higher. I get a 6.5 runoff but I have to water with 7.5-8.0 water to get that. Doesn't really matter becasue everything else looks good so once you get your ph straight you shouldn't have any probs.

Last edited:

Kooza

I have bumped my ph to a 6.5 to 6.7 runoff.Watering in around 7.1 and this problem is still ongoing....Been a good 2 weeks at the proper runoff..Only thing added to the water was a low feeding of cal-mag and EJ bloom one time.The rest has been straight water.Any ideas?

55854Picture04_526-med.jpg

Last edited:

Kooza

Bump I added new info to my first post and need some help here.....Next round I am going to use blaze's soil mix maybe it will be less hassle.First 2 grows went great with the method I am using now but this one has been a pain.

Kooza

Anybody???? I had the tds of my tap/well water tested and it's 500...The guy at the hydro shop told me I should be setting my nute solution @ 6.0ph to water in and not worry about run off which from reading here is complete bs....I really need some input...Should I feed again or not since the ph was low and has now been corrected? Could this be burn due to build ups of nutes when the ph was low and now that it's corrected to many ferts being released or has 2 weeks of watering in plain water leached out the nutes and now I need to add some due to deficancy???

C

curious101

well i agree that it was a nute-lock out due to a ph problem that probably resulted from the feedings and salt-build up locked things up a bit...if you flushed everything out (i'd recommend pure blend clearex) with an adjusted ph balanced water everything should be good to go...the signs of the lock out won't disappear but it shouldn't get any worse...the key now is to look for signs of any deficiencies and work from their...if you were gonna feed i'd recommend it very light (1/2 strenngth max) and water around 6.3ph with nutes...i try to keep my medium at 6.3 which is optimal as almost all the nutrients are readily available with a soil ph of 6.3

Kooza

Here are some updated pics...Even with the ph adjusted each day it gets worse...Havent fed for a good 2 weeks.Water every 4th day roughly with plain water...Think the nutes have been flushed out of the soil in the last 2 weeks of plain water ph adjusted or think theres a build up? I just dont want to add nutes if they are burnt from a build up all the sudden being released but if they are deficient I dont want to starve them..

55854Picture04_531-med.jpg

55854Picture04_534-med.jpg

Last edited:
C

curious101

ok, first have you flushed the plants properly (2 step flush using about 3-4x the volume of soil)...if u flush them properly then u'll know whether or not its lock out cuz if they don't recover after a 2-step flush then its something else...i would flush today ASAP by first wetting the medium until slight run off occurs, then wait five minutes for the salts to loosen up and give em 3-4x the amt. of water as soil 1gal=3gal of water...all the nutes, salts, etc. that u've added to the medium will be gone...then wait a few days and if the problem doesn't correct itself i would begin with full spectrum feeding at half strength...its either lock out or lack of humidity from the looks of things and i'm not sure which...flushing IMHO is the first step to fixing whatever problem you may have since its occured for this long...i'm not sure whether two weeks of plain water would flush them properly or not as it depends on your watering style, don't feed em till everything is flushed cuz u may jack things up a bit more at this point...i'm really trying to help but its tuff with just some photo's...try a wet towel hanging from the growroom cuz its also a possibilility that there is a lack of humidity from the day the leaves are curling up

Kooza

No I have not done a full out flush yet...I have watered them heavy every 3 or 4 days which I was hoping would leach everything out of the soil..My tap water has a high ph so I have to mix each gallon with ph down which is going to make flushing that many plants a pain but looks like I will start there tomorrow.The soil has been ph tested and was in good shape just a couple days ago but I will do a full flush anyway..My only other concern was possible offgassing that I have been hearing about from my tent...My last 2 grows were run the same as this to the T the only change was the addition of the sunhut and those grows were great.Thx for the input.

Kooza

Curious101 I think you sent me a pm but since I do not have 50 post yet I am not "allowed" to check my pm's....I am working on getting to the magic 50 so I can read what you sent.Thx.

icough2getoff

Looks kinda like heat stress from the light to me

pictures taken from www.ganjaguerrilla.net
lite-heat_burn.jpg

lite_heat_burn_4.jpg

I've never grown with a 1000w, but 20 inches away seems like it could be close enough to cause heat stress, especially if airflow isn't ideal. Is it getting any worse since you moved your light away?

Last edited:

neuroherb

This is going to sound like a broken record!!!!!!!!

You mention a Sun Hut?

Have you ever had a sucessful grow in this tent?

If not do a search on the forums for Grow tent threads if you have had full grows that have performed as expected by the provider such as 400g /sqr metre then follow the deficiency advice in here.

To the regular infirmary guys. It is worth adding the tent question to the standard questions as this issue is going to be found to be a lot bigger and responsible for more of the low yielding grows than expected.

Kooza

No it isn't heat damage that was my initial thought too..But after moving the lights way up the problem still persist.

And yes I mentioned a sun hut...I have read several things about them some say "offgassing" is an issue other say its not...It is really the only variable I have changed/added for this grow and I am about ready to tear it down and return it...May not be the problem but it will be one less thing to worry about.

neuroherb

If its the first time you used it and thats the only variable you changed then I would make the change back & see how it goes.

To me it seems as if to many are still looking at this as a small problem (No Offence) mainly because there isn't much info available but the offgasing isn't a simple or small matter.

Below is some of the info available linked fromother threads.
PVC
Polyvinyl chloride is a thermoplastic polymer. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is unique in its high chlorine and additives (softeners) content, which makes it an environmental poison throughout its life cycle. Vinyl chloride is a known human carcinogen (BUA 1986, 1987, 1993; Gray et al. 2000, Foster 2000, Ema et al. 2001, Kavlock et al. 2002a, 2002b, 2002c). PVC releases dioxin and other persistent organic pollutants during its manufacture and disposal and cannot be readily recycled due to it chlorine and additive content.

Workers in PVC production were getting sick (lung and joint problems). This was soon known as the so called VC-disease.

Furthermore, additives are not bound to the plastic and leach out. To make PVC soft, a lot of softeners have to be added. One of the most commonly used softeners is di-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP). Flexible PVC products typically contain 30 to 40 percent DEHP by weight, but that figure can reach 80 percent in applications where flexibility is critical. DEHP is known to be hormone disrupting, and otherwise health damaging (Ema et al. 1993, 1994, 1998; Shiota et al. 1980; Shiota und Nishimura 1982; Kavlock et al. 2002). This is especially true for children and genital organs. It was abandoned by the USA and EU last years, but only for children toys, and only in these Countries. No one knows what softeners are used in the PVC that is produced and used in products imported from China, for example.

Kooza

This is the first time I have used the sun hut...I would like to think thats not the cause but I am running out of other possible ideas.I think I will be taking them out of it tomorrow.It will just be one less thing in the equation to worry about.

K

KINGKONG

Kooza said:
No it isn't heat damage that was my initial thought too..But after moving the lights way up the problem still persist.

And yes I mentioned a sun hut...I have read several things about them some say "offgassing" is an issue other say its not...It is really the only variable I have changed/added for this grow and I am about ready to tear it down and return it...May not be the problem but it will be one less thing to worry about.

That looks just like SUNHUT death! Believe me if you bought that tent in the last year it is offgassing i dont give a crap what anyone else has to say. I lost 4 months of time trying to figure out what happend to my soil grow.

The people saying they dont offgas are the people that bought them more than a year ago or were lucky enough to get one that was older. I have a few friends growing in Sunhuts and Hydrohuts, all a couple years old with no problem.

Latest posts

Latest posts