What's new

supercropping?

MADE 4 MENDO

is there a good thread for supercropping i gots a few plants that have grown way taller than the rest i wants to tie them down to keep them below the bulb while the others catch up.

DontBanMe

Ill Tell you what, ill tell you how to do this.....
Find out how low on the branch to "break" you need to bend it over to the you height you need it at.
Now if the stem is thick enough there should be rigids, crunch one side until you here is like pop, then do the same to the other...then just push it over if it doesnt fall itself...
then you can either let it hang there or you can give it some support but either way is fine....
I have done it a couple times so im not like a pro at it, but i have never once killed off any part of the plant i suppercropped....
Its amazing how much a plant can take and rebuild its self to be even stronger then it was before...
And once that break heals it will be as strong as a fucking door hinge, bulky as shit and sturdy too..
Some reported that they get denser bigger buds on the main stem or shoots they supper cropped, but in my expierenece i got about the same results if not a little less...
But like i said again, no pro at it but i know how to do it successfully.
And i just told you how to lol..
Good luck!

-Keep It Mandala!

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Use thumb and forefinger to crush the stem, rotate grip 90º and crush again. Fold stem over. Mine just straightened back up so, you may want to secure them after the fold.

DontBanMe

^^^
Right they heal so quickly and want to reach for that light so bad its like they will almost straighten all the way back up, so you may have to either tie them down also or "break/crush" the stem even more.

motofox16

they have an amazing ability to reconnect limbs even if you break them. I broke a limb off my OG the other day trying to bend it down out of the light. I just grabbed some tape and taped it up. its totally sturdy now

Knives

i know freezer knows, but my thunk has one shoot growing much taller then the others. almost at the light! should i just chop the top of it off at the height i want? or supercrop? i was gonna just LST it down, but my buddy said its bad to LST during flower.

leap270

Knives said:
i know freezer knows, but my thunk has one shoot growing much taller then the others. almost at the light! should i just chop the top of it off at the height i want? or supercrop? i was gonna just LST it down, but my buddy said its bad to LST during flower.

my understanding is you can LSD or suppercrop when ever. It will not effect the plant. I would just super crop that one shoot.

DontBanMe

^^^
LST Low Stress Training
And i would LST (pull it down) instead of supercropping during flower....i would say suppercropping would be worse for a plant in flower then just pulling it down (LST).

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
i continue to supercrop my plants even at 40 days bloom. no ill effects. i would rather have a little stress than a burnt crispy cola.

T

toodles

I accidentally supercropped this bud in the foreground well into flower. It grew that part you see sticking up where I broke it. I almost broke the main bud clean off at that point. I tied the far end to the scrubber to support it while it healed. It made a big fistula and that bud offshoot but kept on growing. F'ing amazing genetics that MNS SSH is. :rasta:

Toodles

SSH

Knives

nice plant man. how many times can you supercrop one shoot?
I tied down the tall one and super-cropped 2 others...about 3 hours ago.
and right now, you can barely tell i super-cropped, just a little bit of a lean.
Freezer wasnt lying when he said Thunk laughed it off lol.

T

toodles

Knives said:
nice plant man. how many times can you supercrop one shoot?
I tied down the tall one and super-cropped 2 others...about 3 hours ago.
and right now, you can barely tell i super-cropped, just a little bit of a lean.
Freezer wasnt lying when he said Thunk laughed it off lol.

If you were asking me, I'm not a good judge of that. I've only done it a few times. It's easy enough to do though IMO...and it works well if done right. The plant in my pic above was intentionally supercropped during veg, as was a Skunk Haze I had growing along side her.

As for how many times you can do it to one stem/branch. If I were wanting to do it more than once on a given branch, I'd work outward towards the growing tip from wherever you first supercrop it. Let each spot heal completely before doing the next. That's my theory of it.

But maybe I have it bass ackwards. Someone will bail me on this one :rasta:

Toodles

Thanks for the compliment. That was a really nice SSH pheno. She was a monster in my lil grow. She went 101 days

Last edited:

motofox16

I supercropped my pinapple trainwreck because it was growing straight up and i wanted to see what happened. that was about 3 days ago and since then I have seen about 4 extra tops growing straight up towards the light. very successful.

Danksta408

Yes.........Marijuana plants are very reseliant............Check out this branch:

This was my first attempt at Supercropping...........To say the least, I did it wrong.........Too much pressure and I actually ripped through the plants tissue...........I thought for sure it was going to die, but as you can see from the pics, she healed up nicely and is currently producing some nice nuggz for me..................If you look closely in the 2nd pic, you can actually see through the branch

Knives

damn, that looks cool as fuck lol. never seen that before.
I think i may have over done one of them...part where i supercropped
is turning brown :joint: ..but judging by ur pic
I dont really have much to worry about heh, might even get a cool hole