What's new

Dominica (the island)

b8s

When I was in Dominica (The Commonwealth of Dominica, NOT Dominican Republic, that's different), the weed I smoked was a really nice daytime smoke. It kept me fully functional to do stuff, didn't mess too much with my mind or memory, and wasn't tiring. So I brought home some seeds.

I tried to ask about the strains, but the responses were more like "yeah well, it's so good just because it's grown outdoors and organically without chemicals".I tried to search for more information but didn't find much. This message was posted to DJ Short and Legends Seeds thread:

So what I think we have in KC is an introduced veriety that has been in Jamaica for many years, but a 20th century introduction rather than something dating back to the first introductions of ganja to the island, I doubt any of those original sativa varieties still exist in Jamaica to be honest. However, I am told that Dominica and St Lucia are islands where they still grow old Colombian sativa lines - very old Colombian lines in fact, probably lost in Colombia now. I can get hold of loads of those seeds, so I might grow some later this year, sound intriguing.
Anyway, if anybody has more information about the strains grown over there, I would be interested to hear.

At the moment, my plants are about 3 months old. I started directly with a 12/12 light cycle, and it took about 1,5 months for them to start flowering. I have one female (200W ESL) and two males (150W HPS). I had to tie them down a little bit, otherwise the height would be about 2m.

L

levant

Very interesting, I think the nice smoke you describe is to do with both
the outdoor grow environment and the "pure" genetics.
I haven't grown any Dominica' ganja yet but if there like Colombian
then expect a long flowerer
(14-16 + weeks as opposed to 12 weeks for a more "moderate flowering sativa e.g S.African)

The Colombian I grew had a sharp citrus smell very nice.
Good luck.

b8s

levant said:
I haven't grown any Dominica' ganja yet but if there like Colombian
then expect a long flowerer
(14-16 + weeks as opposed to 12 weeks for a more "moderate flowering sativa e.g S.African)

The Colombian I grew had a sharp citrus smell very nice.
Good luck.

Thanks for the comments. 8 weeks into flowering now, and it's definitely not close to being finished yet.

Odor is quite mild and has a scent of citrus.

b8s

Let's update this for future reference. She finished off at 20 weeks of flowering. So, taking the 6 week veg into account, she was exactly half a year old. I was using only a 200W CFL (a 150W HPS for the last three weeks), and my guess is that a proper light might take a couple of weeks off from the flowering time.

This is at 16 weeks. The formation of new buds never really stopped completely, as you can see at the top:

20 weeks:

A small tasting from the lower part of the plant:

Some seeds:

The high is very energetic, and makes your thoughts fly. Better for daytime use than late at night.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Gongrats on a successful grow

How did they respond to feeding, low nitrogen huh?

Menee tiukille kerkeenkö lähettämistäsi pavuista saada kukkasta kesäksi, vaikka heti ensi viikolla kylväisin.

XtaS

I like what I'm seeing. The whole life cycle of 6 months sounds lika a long time but I'm pretty sure its well worth it.

Itse koitan aluksi, jos tykkäisi olla huonekasvina, mutta jos ei niin kai sen voisi kaapin nurkkaan heittää, ettei hukkaan mene siemenet.

BBQ

I was in dominica 9-10 years ago. A friend got some weed from the fishing villiage he comes from...amazing smoke...unbelievably sweet. 20 weeks indoor is nuts..hope its worth it.

Latest posts

Latest posts