You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > My 600W perpetual grow

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
My 600W perpetual grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 PM #1
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
My 600W perpetual grow

It's been a while since I posted pics here - used to do diaries but I kinda got lazy I don't have any chapters any more now since I grow perpetual;p It's a lot of fun harvesting every 1-3 weeks but of course there are problems too - pests never rest and since I've always got some plants in late flower spraying is a no-no. I've got thrips and they do hurt my plants a little but I kinda just let them live now... might think about some predatory bugs.

First an overview of the whole room:

Some tops are missing - here they are - some swt#3 head colas I harvested to let the lower buds mature:

A single fms grapefruit plant from clone day 45 flower - for some reason it's doing a bit better than the other clones of the same pheno:

Check out this sidebud - this is where a lot of the weight is in this strain.

Last edited by blackone; 10-01-2008 at 11:24 PM..
blackone is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2008, 11:29 PM #2
guest101

Hey blackone!!
Nice bud right there my friend.

I never liked the ideia of harvesting every 2-4 week or somethin cause i couldnt use the cab to dry the weed with less smell, couldnt optimize light and cannopy and wouldnt cure my weed ...
Hearing your story sure adds a couple more factors! LOL
Had to share it bro!! hehe

Nice sog with lots of fat colas!!!
Do you smoke the bugs or they get lost once theyr habitat runs out of life lol ?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 PM #3
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
Hey Frank thanks for stopping by.
Well the thrips are so small I don't know what happens to them They leave the buds alone .. perhaps they die a sticky death just like fungus gnats.
I used to have a lot of gnats and although they didn't hurt my plants they were a bitch to find in a resinated bud. They seem to be gone now... I wonder if my trichomes killed them all

Old 10-02-2008, 01:18 AM #4
Quazi
Life, the Universe and Everything? Forty-two.

Quazi is a jewel in the roughQuazi is a jewel in the roughQuazi is a jewel in the roughQuazi is a jewel in the roughQuazi is a jewel in the roughQuazi is a jewel in the rough
That looks sweet man. I can't wait to see what kinda stuff you pull out of this perpetual.

Pullin' up a chair if you don't mind.

-Q

----Updated 04/29/2010 - First update in too many months
My contributions to ICMag...

Quazi's Movin' on Up - 400W of CMH in a DR80 ~ Finished ~
150W HPS Cabinet by Quazi ~Retired~
Quote:
The Golden Rule with the Platinum Clause
1. Life is to be enjoyed.
1a. Not at the expense of another.

-Lee Stanley Danielski
Quazi is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 AM #5
Dr. Bloom

Dr. Bloom will become famous soon enoughDr. Bloom will become famous soon enough
That's pretty sweet man! What kind of light do you use for vegging? If you don't mind me asking. Keep it growin'.
-Dr. B
Dr. Bloom is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2008, 08:02 AM #6
blackone

Thanks for taking a look people.
I'm vegging under 4*36W of 6500K flourescents - it's working quite well as long as I keep working to have those veggies close to the light - sometimes they get a little burned when I get lazy and let them touch the tubes.
Atm I'm growing Bubblegum (Bifrost from sagaseeds), Swt#3 and grapefruit.
Got a couple of revegged clones of a Satori pheno that I decided to hang on to - was actually flowering my moms but changed my mind because it's such a wonderful plant to grow.
I also have a few plants of my own cross: SatoriXswt#3. I also had a couple of gfXswt but i kinda got the seedlings of my crosses mixed up... and now the 6 plants I have all seem Satori dominant so the gf crosses must have been among the males.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:28 PM #7
Young Giver

Young Giver is on a distinguished road
perpetual grows are very convienient so i hope that you keep it that way.....staying very clean is a big factor....

Old 10-02-2008, 10:25 PM #8
Smeden
The more dedicated - the more medicated!

Smeden has a spectacular aura aboutSmeden has a spectacular aura aboutSmeden has a spectacular aura about
Hi Blackone m8

Nice crop you pop... looks dank dank like always from your side.
How many plants, you start up each 2-3 weeks interval?

About the thrips... I had big problems myself. And after trying; homade soap, boght soap and neem oil (none of these really made a difference) I bought 250 ml "Naturalyte" with spinosad.
https://cgi.ebay.com/Conserve-Natural...3286.m20.l1116
Only like you sprayed once before flower and ALL thrips was gone for 2-3 weeks, but then they came back slowly and now I wont spray because of flower, like you. But it really looks like a kick ass product, and no visible sideeffects like the stinky sticky neem oil (hate that pretty much)

Hope you dont mind me bumping your thread with the "spinosad ad" hehe.

Cheers n stay safe

Old 10-03-2008, 07:59 AM #9
blackone

Yeah - pyrethrum also knocks them down for a couple of weeks if you apply it thoroughly. I have considered spinosad but have been a little too paranoid ordering it from outside Europe (no idea if customs know what it's for - or if they know that it's illegal to import pesticides).
I've since found a local source but my problem is that I'm always in flower If I wasn't growing perpetual then I could easily spray them down in week 2-3 flower and they would be almost finished before the thrips would have time to build a population again.
I might consider using it in the veg room... at least then they won't go into the flowering room full of thrips and there might also be some systemic effect (I think I remember reading that spinosad also kills the larvae that feeds off the plants but I'm not sure)
Next year sometime I'm gonna have to shut down the flowering room temporarily because of going on vacation - I'll probably try and exterminate the population totally then but atm it's live and let live...

Last edited by blackone; 10-03-2008 at 08:04 AM..

Old 10-03-2008, 09:33 AM #10
Smeden
The more dedicated - the more medicated!

Smeden has a spectacular aura aboutSmeden has a spectacular aura aboutSmeden has a spectacular aura about
Hi again

Totally agree with you. But If you get too tired of them... I think that 2 or 3 runs of spinosad kills it all. Again, theres none visible sideeffect. And I put about 1 cl to mix 0,5 liter water. (the day after, none "kalk" spots, smell or anything. So I allmost think it wouldnt make any damage...

About the shipping. About the pesticides your prop right, but as long as I use only 1 cl and have ernough to spray 2-3 times - im not so concerned about the environment.
When you do some searches on spinosad, it appears as an normal "house fly" cure. (in powderform, where small amount should be placed in small concentrations = no more flys) so dont think the customs would think cannabis. And its also "just" an normal product agains thrips... etc.

Cheers and have a nice weekend, when time comes...

P.S. Just found this thread, all only positive feedback on the spinosad. And one says its a living bacteria = harmless... (for your information)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=spinosad

Last edited by Smeden; 10-03-2008 at 10:16 AM..
Smeden is offline Quote