What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are these female pre-flowers?

smogo420

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by asking this (only checking because I assume this must get asked all the time) but I suppose I'm asking out of anxiety (don't we all?)

I have 2 Thai sativas' 4 weeks in on 13.5/10.5, been slowly reducing daylight hours and increasing darkness. One plant appears to be showing pre-flowers? Is it too early to tell? Given the circumstances I'm leaning towards this possibly being another branch but it does look like pre-flowers to me...

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks in advance!

Mr. J

The thing in the red circle is gonna be your preflower. Looks female to me but I can't be totally positive just going by the one pic. I see no preflowers in the second picture.

Chappi

Too early to tell. If that thing Mr J pointed out has a pistil/stigma/hair coming out of it then it’s female. Otherwise it’s 100% uncertain.

smogo420

Thanks everyone! I presumed it was too early to tell - anxiety got the better of me. Will keep a close eye on them.

Cvh

Supermod
I think it's a female, but it's to soon to positively tell.

smogo420

Cheers for the responses everyone. A couple of updates:

Plant 1 (F?):
picture.php

Plant 2 (M?):
picture.php

I suppose a month in from seed is about the time you'd expect to see the first signs of pre-flowers emerging but with landrace Thai sativas I was expecting to have to wait a little longer.

Still waiting patiently, anxiously... :dance:

Cvh

Supermod
These last pictures look that it might be a boy. But again a bit soon to positively tell.
What are you going to do if it's a male? Cut it, or keep it to make seeds this run?

smogo420

These last pictures look that it might be a boy. But again a bit soon to positively tell.
What are you going to do if it's a male? Cut it, or keep it to make seeds this run?

I'm not sure yet... the suspected male smells 3x more than the suspected female so might have to keep it's pollen. Very vigorous, hardy plant as well. Strong musk and lemon scents.