What's new

DWC MaxiBloom water change

elcabong

Hello!

I have been growing a clone of an unknown strain in a deep water culture. Feeding only MaxiBloom.

Everything was going great for a month but because I overfed 1500ppm and was having difficulty stabilizing the pH 6,5 to 5,0 overnight I decided to dump that water and put in new one.

The plant spent to 2 days in tap water at pH7, 5 until the leaves cleared a bit, ppm100.

Then I decided to add 2 teaspoons of MaxiBloom, ppm300. Immediately the fan leaves started changing color to a darker green. All normal.

But the following day...
Looks like overwatered, or lacking oxigen
I have a circulation pump that also makes air bubbles.

I don't dissolve the powder, straight in to the tank. It dissolves in a few hours

Please help understand what happened. Thanks

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Ouch! :(

Check the ppm now, it's probably much higher than 300ppm. Still possible it can recover if you switch it back to clean water for a few days again.

You can pre-mix maxibloom in a smaller container with water, I believe I've used a full tablespoon in a quart before. Mix it well and then pour some and check your ppm, repeat until you reach 550-650ppm, depending on your light intensity. I have rarely seen a plant which I was comfortable giving more than 750ppm maxibloom in r/o filtered water under a 1Kw HPS.
:tiphat:

elcabong

Ouch! :(

Check the ppm now, it's probably much higher than 300ppm. Still possible it can recover if you switch it back to clean water for a few days again.

You can pre-mix maxibloom in a smaller container with water, I believe I've used a full tablespoon in a quart before. Mix it well and then pour some and check your ppm, repeat until you reach 550-650ppm, depending on your light intensity. I have rarely seen a plant which I was comfortable giving more than 750ppm maxibloom in r/o filtered water under a 1Kw HPS.
:tiphat:

She just kept getting worse by the day so I finally gave up.

I'll be going for round 2 with MaxiBloom this time low on nuts, I'm running CFL 300W! It was just stupid.

Thanks Douglas

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It happens. Once the roots are too damaged to recover it's just a process of watching it die.

Bring on round 2!! :D With a 300w CFL I would be feeding around 450-500ppm, depending on conditions as always. :)

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Well that sucks but good attitude! Good vibes for a good round #2.

I do drain to waste with Maxibloom and always do 1 tsp/gal which comes out to around 1.4 EC

Latest posts

Latest posts