What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powder mildew

N

New_gorilla

Ok I got powdery mildew on my 3 flowering plants I think its front no air circulation , what's best non detergent soap to use for these plants I don't want my plants wasted.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
alter the pH range around the infested areas into the range of 9+
can use: h2o2, bleach with chlorid, milk

i would use a sponge first with bleach 3-5%

N

New_gorilla

alter the pH range around the infested areas into the range of 9+
can use: h2o2, bleach with chlorid, milk

i would use a sponge first with bleach 3-5%

Would domestos bleach work for powdery mildew aswell?

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
yes, it is a hardcore bleach, don t go directly be careful,

look the concentration on the bottle, and first go with the lighter solution.

chlorine evaporates without residue, but in high concantrate can cause harm to the plant
so be cautios and careful

budsicles

How far into flowering are they? If it's still the first few weeks you can spray them with elemental sulfur solution, or run a sulfur vaporizer. There's also potassium bicarbonate, and oils like neem/mineral/sesame. If it's later in flower I would just spray with a peroxide solution, let it dry, then use some biological like serenade or actinovate.

If you are seeing patches on the leaves then there's a good chance the spores are already contaminating your room. Need to clean everything really well after this round. Even fans. Ozone generators and the aforementioned sulfur vaporizers are good ways to treat an entire room. You can also spray bleach.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
very helpful

very helpful

Its very helpful to add a humidity gage in the tent to monitor the humidity early while the plants are growing. .