What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tiny yellow holes in leaves.

'Boogieman'

I think the damage is all from the same bugs, I went on safari and found them I think.

doesn't look like leafhopper to me but maybe....
View Image

perhaps it's the small babies doing the damage or the big one is eating the small bugs?

Not sure who the big guy is, the small guys look like leafhoppers nymphs but could be something else too. Based on picture #2 though I'm 99% sure it's leafhoppers. Where I live they spread purple top phytoplasma disease, a major problem in the midwest.

Cvh

Supermod
I think the damage is all from the same bugs, I went on safari and found them I think.

doesn't look like leafhopper to me but maybe....
View Image

perhaps it's the small babies doing the damage or the big one is eating the small bugs?

According to Google the big guy is a Tree Cricket or something.
And if you look at it's big behind legs it certainly does have those grasshopper/cricket jumping legs.
The small white nymphs with him might be his babies.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So... keeping the grass cut short might make it less inviting to these guys.

yesterday I took a look around at everything in the vicinity of my patch and almost everything with any leaves on it has the same bug damage.

cutting everything else that's food for them down might drive them all to your plants, no?

it doesn't look to me like they are any worse this year than they have been in the past so I'm going to wait before I start spraying but since it's the little babies doing the damage I think starting with insecticidal soap might be a good place to start.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
420giveaway
My eaten plants are right next to mint & near various other plants & vines & lawn - none of which have any similar damage.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Just use some cold pressed neem and spray the leaves. Mix neem with a drop of dish soap to warm water and spray the plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts