What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jacks 321 single stock tank maximum solubility for dosatron

p0opstlnksal0t

How much jacks, calcinit, epsom at 3 2 1 ratio are you guys able to mix into a single stock tank? I'm about to ditch a reservoir in place of a Wi-Fi sprinkler controller and solenoid valves with a single dosatron starting with my outdoor grow then I will be retrofitting my indoor ops. I typically mix by EC in my 275g reservoir so I have no clue how many grams of each mix part I actually add per gallon

p0opstlnksal0t

Jacks Nutrients grow schedules - https://www.jacksnutrients.com/growschedules -.
there is one for 3-2-1, would ignore columns 1,3 and 5.

ratio per 100 gallons Jack's - 13 ozs, Calnit - 8.6 ozs, and espom salt - 3.5 ozs.

Unfortunately that didn't really tell me what I needed, What the max solubility is for this combined mixture is and what the ec ends up at if you were to mix at the recommended dose 3.6g, 2.4g, 1.2g per gallon with an adjustable dosatron I could run 1:500 to 1:50 so I could make a stock tank 1 Gallon that makes 500 gallons although I doubt these 3 salts are highly soluble enough to run at that ratio.

SICE

i wonder if you can use the Bloom 10-30-20 and the Part B 15-0-0 + epson salt

ive heard some running bloom and Part B with good results. will be doing some tests soon
trying to keep it simple

dissolute

For some reason the ICL Peter's Professional has a much higher max solubility.

I run that as my base as a 1:1 replacement for Jacks hydro mix, along with Jacks 10-30-20 and CalNit at around 378:1 with no solubility problems.

I use a cone bottom tank with a recirc pump to mix 100lbs into 60 gallons of room temp water.

dissolute

Oh and zero of hydro AND Calnit in 1 stock tank. I have 3 100gal tanks to support ~2500gpd.

you'll need 2 dosatrons, 1 for hydro (+mgso if you want), and 1 for the calnit. ~2grams per gallon would be the delivered rate you're going for. you might be able to get away with mixing some lime into the soil and using a dosatron with something like a 10-10-10 mix if you're outside though.