What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Close Encounters of the almost got busted kind.....

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
it was sometime in the late 70's, i rented a house on Stewart street in Las Vegas. it was about ten blocks from the Metropolitan Police department on Stewart.
a friend and i had started some plants at his place but his parents found them out and he pressed me to take them. i took one that was the best and others took the rest.
it was about three feet tall in a big bucket.
my landlord worked security at MGM and came around often, so i hid it on the roof of the house.
one morning i get a knock knock and open the door to a guy i didn't know, turned out he was a detective with the sheriffs department.
he said to me " you had better get rid of that plant up there" and badged me...i was dumbfounded.

you know i said 'yes sir' and he walked back to his car.
i climbed up there and yanked it right the f out of that bucket.

unbelievably lucky that cop was cool.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
A man of his word...

A man of his word...

Some time in the early '70's I had a car that was a real clunker...
It was broke down as much as it ran well.
So I hitchhiked around Virginia Beach a whole lot that summer...

Decided to go visit a very good friend up in northern Jersey, about an hour west of NYC.
I packed a small gym bag with clothes and shaving kit and hitched up Rt 13, through the eastern shore of Va. and Maryland and Delaware..

About 10 miles before Dover, Delaware, a state trooper pulls over while I have my thumb out...
He tells me it's illegal to hitchhike in Delaware and tells me to get in the car..
I get in the front seat and he says he's gonna drive me to the bus station in Dover, and I can get a bus from there to NJ.

Everything seems cool until he pulls up at the bus station...
Before I can get out he says he has some questions.

He asked me "Do you have a gun on you or in that bag?" I told him no, I didn't even own a gun.

He asks "Do you have a knife on you?" I patted my pocket to make sure I didn't have my pocketknife with me... I said "No."

Then he stares straight in my eyes thru his refleco Ray-Bans and says "Do you have any drugs?
I thought to myself, "shit, the jig is up!", but again I said "No"

Then he says to me, "Before you get out, I'm gonna ask you about a gun, a knife or drugs one more time...
If you have any of these items on you, put them on the seat here and I'll let you go,
but if you don't put anything out, I'm gonna search you, and if I find 'em, I'm gonna bust you"

I realized I had no choice other than take him to be a man of his word.
I reached in my back pocket and pulled out an old Sucrets tin...
I knew I still had about 5 jays rolled for the day's trip and a small envelope under them with about 3 more grams of cleaned weed.

I set the tin box down on the seat between us..
The trooper picked up the box , took out the jays and opened the envelope.. He took a few sniffs and put it all back in the tin.

As he slid the Sucrets tin into the pocket of his state trooper shirt, he smiled at me and said "Have a nice trip"..

EsterEssence

Veteran
Coming into los Angeles bringing in a kilo of hash oil, with a belly full of hash for my stash. I had done it a few times no problem, I was in the luggage pick up in the customs area. There was a short Hispanic lady with a dog in the area, all of a sudden the dog is on my bottle of Remy Martin that was full of hash oil I was bringing home from Nepal, the dog didn’t alert so I figured I was ok. I see the dog and the handler at the other side of the entry hall all of a sudden the dog is on my bottle again, now I am starting to get paranoid, finally it’s my turn for the face to face with customs a few questions and I’m on my way out, my friend was waiting curbside at the arrival gates, I got in the car got my heart out of my throat and never did it again,,,

F

Fermented

damn fermented you seem like you have had some epic adventures...

I can't tell half the stories, even now to protect the guilty lol....ok, one more

I was with a mate of mine in Northern Thailand, sometimes travelling around on 125 dirt bikes, ride during day checking out temples, waterfalls etc, staying at a rustic resorts or a hotel or hill tribe village and other times we'd hire a driver with a car and do day trips and travel to other places while drinking beer, smoking cigar sized ganja joints all day having a ball.

We'd all stayed at rustic resort that night in wooden huts near Mae Hong Song, next day we'd plan to visit some hill tribes and then go for a three day trek...so I had plenty of ganja on me!

We took off early travelling for a few hours, hit the mountain red dirt roads and didn't see a vehicle for hours. The tolerance I had developed to this ganja by this stage meant I was smoking finger thick sized joints for breakfast ! So I rolled another one, another fattie! and had just lit it up and 3 seconds later just as we turned a corner there was a military road block looking for communists, drugs, weapons or whatever.....well, to say I was shit scared was an understatement. I went from blissfully buzzed to wide eyed panic. Ten soldiers all carrying rifles at the ready, the officer had his hand up to stop. I said "FUUUUUUUUUCK!" as I tried to put out this mega joint that kept on smoking like a chimney and so I wet my finger tips and put it burnt me my fingers of course and still was smoldering! "FUUUUUUUCK!"

The driver, who we knew quite well, said "It's cool, I know these guys" I said "FUUUUUUCK. FUCK, I'm FUCKKED!!!"| We wound the windows down as we come to a stop..it must of looked like a scene from a Cheech and Chong movie as smoke billowed out the car lol. Moo, the driver, gets out and starts smiling, saying hello, handing cigs all around, me and my mate get out all smiles...and amazingly, it was cool! We all had a chat for awhile, joking with these guys, Rambo had been filmed in the area the previous year so my mate was doing Stallone voice impersonations was cracking everyone up, we were all laughing, drinking our stock of cold beers we bought with us, they didn't mention the overpowering ganja smell, we took some group photos with these guys, I asked but they refused to let me shoot off a few rounds, after about ten minutes or so we were all long lost friends, we ran out of beer, we shook hands all round and we left waving goodbye like they were our best mates!....dodged another one!

Last edited:
F

Fermented

damn fermented you seem like you have had some epic adventures...

I used to be bullet proof and now I'm not. Then I was free and wild and didn't care now I'm mortgaged and careful and walk on the mild side lol

One thing is for sure is that you cannot keep breaking the law or dancing on a cliff edge and not eventually get caught or fall off despite being young and bullet proof! The best advice for any person who wants to live a little on the wild side is to have a use by date, a "get out" date when you stop and leave that life behind....I did it, most don't.

This might be an age you attain, an amount of savings you can put together or a goal you achieve or you use up all your "wild" or it might be that it's just time to stop rolling the dice..whatever it is you need to set a goal or date or whatever when to stop or you will run out of luck.

Right now there's a 20 something English, American or Aussie guy backpacking around somewhere in Africa or the East that is having similar experiences, maybe one day he will stop feeling he's bulletproof and set that life aside before the "cat runs out of lives"...or maybe he won't.

Another thing you need to develop or be born with is a sixth sense ...the one that tells you to take a step backwards and walk away when something seems wrong...this will make you miss out on big earns sometimes, but it will also help you dodge disaster too.

There was one time in another Asian city, I went to pick up a load of hash from a mule who had just flown in from Thailand. I had done this plenty of times before and the heebie jeebies (fear) would always put me in a state of heightened awareness before the pick up. Usually I would call the hotel room from a public phone and meet the guy in his room, grab the bag and go. Naturally I would have a really good look around the area first on my bike but this time I had a funny feeling that something was not quite right but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I knew this city and it's rhythms really well, it was midday, summertime, really hot and all the lanes around there were most empty, sort of eerily empty...but I kept on riding around being suspicious. I parked the bike and did a walk around the area, again I felt something strange in a bad way, but I couldn't nail down what it was..but my Spidey senses were acting up overtime....well, being young and bullet proof and impatient I just said to my young self "phuck it, let's do it" So I walked into the hotel, straight up to his room, grabbed the hash and walked out, got on my bike and rode away with no problems. Next day I read about a big heroin bust that went down in a hotel in the same little lane (which was full of small hotels) where the hash mule was staying. I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't spot any of the undercover drug cops! I just felt them.

I sold that hash real fast, I'd had enough of waiting for my luck to run out and stopped doing import. Then just grew ganja for personal use and it's still a passion of mine.

All I have to show for it now is a little PTSD every now and then and some wild stories that I can't tell anyone except here lol.....but decades later I still have that acute sense of imminent danger, a street sense and it's right most of the time.

Last edited:

Sunshineinabag

I graduated in 92 from a high school named Harwood Highlanders......I was introduced to cannabis both at home and in junior high....my buddy chunga had a good weed connect in waitsfield so I gave him the collected bread to grab a quarter for me,him and two friends......
The delivery day comes....we are in boys jv bathroom staring at this big bag of skunkt love nugs when bammmm in walks the music fuken teacher of allstaff and tells chunga....give that to me right nowyoung man......he hands it over which really pissed me off I won't lie......
Shoulda known then I'd be guerilla growing in a hotel 20 yrs later owned by thecounty sherriffs famdamnly.......lmaop. thank God it was Vermont cause I'd of done life in the Bible belt for the cultivars I was pumping outa that room....lol my Gage green days

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
<guerilla growing in a hotel> just doesn't sound right. I can't get the picture, unless it was in the atrium of the lobby.