What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gold bugs!

gladysvjubb

Veteran

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Man, this is unreal. I keep getting these Financial Advisor letters to keep telling me to buy gold.
I got one that claimed some dude I never heard of had come back in to the gold market with a million $$$. They were making a big hoopla out of it trying to get gold to move. It ain't happening.

Just like frigging diamonds. All of a sudden a billion pounds worth of diamonds were found.

St. Phatty

starting July 1 buying activity related to short covering would normally cause a price rise, in this case above 1800 - for Gold.

St. Phatty

O wow! I have an oz of Palladium. It is Russian coin. I bought it well over 30 maybe 40 years ago. Had it certified by PCGS. Came back as MS 69. Cool.

if you want more, lobby the Russian government for the right to live & mine in the watershed of Lake Baikal.

really strong mining area, where the river sand is likely to have PPM of gold, palladium, and platinum, and copper.

which also happens to the part of Siberia where the fires are.

Permafrost is just another name for an big old pile of leaves & rotten trees that were frozen for a long time.

i have something similar on my property - a winter creek bed that was ignorred by miners 120 years ago when they were going for the lower hanging fruit.

the compost in the creekbed is practically geologic in age. hundreds and hundreds of downed trees.

if it was frozen it would be called permafrost. if it caught fire, it would be a problem.

Sunshineinabag

Anyone got a gold turtle? I like turtles

Attachments

• 159344630377070518493.jpg
    159344630377070518493.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 20

St. Phatty

What's up with RHODIUM ?

It's often listed with Precious Metal prices.

But it's hard to buy a bar of it.

As far as Gold, the most recent Close was the highest end of day or end of month close ever.

In other words, higher than in 2011.

Eric Sprott talked about the details in his July 4 webcast.

The market has a wierd psychology, like one of those Lays Potato Chips "bet you can't just eat one" commercials.

that "breaking of previous trend-lines" or whatever spiel, seems to have predictive potential.

brickweeder

...that "breaking of previous trend-lines" or whatever spiel, seems to have predictive potential.

"seems" is the key. sprott is a perma-bull on the metals. Sometimes a stock or commodity breaking above or below a trendline turn out to be a false breakout, and the price reverses to the opposite direction...much to the frustration of those betting on the original direction and price objective from the breakout. Bullish patterns can turn to bearish patterns with a bit more time.

Sometimes the second top in a double top is slightly higher than the first, and given the shape of the monthly gold chart, a double top can't be ruled out at this time. But sometimes what looks like a possible bearish pattern, like a double top, morphs into bullish pattern such as an inverse head and shoulders.

Dang...now I don't know whether to buy or sell.