What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s

Sunshineinabag

So can you give me insight on your pvc net build mo? id like to emulate it. I agree with above the pics were nice but adding the blueberries was the whipped cream on top

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
The real proof will be 5-10 grows down the road. Assuming the Mars makes it that long (they have a horrible track record), testing the diode output will tell a lot.

We are all conned to believe that LEDs will last 50K hours BUT that's only for deep blue

This is true. They both have three year warranties, but the spider farmer warranty u have to pay for shipping and repairs after first year. Hopefully I dont need to use them.

So can you give me insight on your pvc net build mo? id like to emulate it. I agree with above the pics were nice but adding the blueberries was the whipped cream on top

Fasho, it was pretty simple. Ordered some netting with the 3 1/2 inch holes from amazon. Got some 1/2 inch pvc and a cutter, made 4ft pieces. For the comnection I used the 4 way corner connector pieces so I could add both legs going down and extenders going up for a second net. After putting the initial squares together I ductaped the net to the edges pulling it pretty tight, then after I had the whole net on I used zip ties to make it tighter. Cut pieces for the legs and thats it. Total materials I used for one net is 4 4 way corner connectors, netting, ductape, zipties, pvc cutter and enough pvc for legs and long pieces. I made 4 total, the 2 you see and 2 more to go ontop of these 2.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Lil update, the mars side seems to be stretching a lot more. Just found a thrip on a leaf so think ima hit um wit some monteray insect spray 2 times back to back while its still early.

picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Welcome aboard!
Just added the second net today, you can see how the sp250 side is stretching more.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trying to decide how much i wanna defoliate considering the penetration of these lights...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Day 14 update, starting to get some bud sites crackin. I plan to defoliate around day 21, might bend some of these branches down a lil more to get the canopy a lil mo even...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

H

HarbingerOfHarv

I don't know I'm seeing equal too or better performance from the SP side.. just my opinion.. But the canopy looks a bit more even and well rounded. The stretch seems comparable in my opinion.. From my limited observations of growing hybrids there seems to be a strong Genetic factor in the stretch.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I don't know I'm seeing equal too or better performance from the SP side.. just my opinion.. But the canopy looks a bit more even and well rounded. The stretch seems comparable in my opinion.. From my limited observations of growing hybrids there seems to be a strong Genetic factor in the stretch.

Yeah theyve actually evened out a bit, to the point where I cant call it. My prediction is roughly even numbers on final yields, but we shall see!

Crowmax

Veteran
Awesome grow and side by side GetMo.
I hope to be difficulty to choose which light got better results!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
which side is producing more tops, and has lowers growing more?

Its pretty even right now. Just sprayed some ogbiowar today, Ima do a lil defoliation on tuesday n get some mo pics, try to even out the canopy a lil mo too.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Day 21 update:
The ones on the sp250 side seem much more uniform, the sf4000 side nugs seem more developed in the middle but light isn't reaching the edges as much.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
28 day update. Not noticing much of a difference, both sides about the same density. more even tops on sp250 side but may be from my training, but seems sf4000 is more focused on the center, which makes sense given the design of the two sides, 2 sp250s are way more spread out than a single square light in the middle...

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
SP250 Side

picture.php

picture.php

sf4000 side

picture.php

picture.php

I didn't adjust temperature so you could see the difference.
On another note, damn! ICMAG really needs to update they picture quality! I know the technology is better than this, even for a forum. Or maybe Im trippin or spoiled by IG, but I mean can we get a lil bit of definition though?

Latest posts

Latest posts