What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s

renne

Awesome side by side grow report!! I just finished my second run with my Ts3000 and I am loving it I just ordered a second Ts3000 half way threw my last run as the summer heat was getting to be too much I wish I would have bought 2 sop3000 but I calculated the price wrong and realized after it was ordered oh well I am very happy w my Mars Hydro purchase,
Once again great job and I will definitely be tagging along on any future threads of yours!!
Cheers Renne

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im glad yall liked the show, it felt good to be online documenting somethin, gives it more purpose and also keeps me on my A game!
I just got a new 4x4 tent for my next documented grow which will be a Karma genetics test grow. Im trying to decide whether to do this next grow under the 500w growers choice master pursuit cmh or move the spider farmer in and use the cmh in the shed next to the 2 sp250s....

I still got some bubble hash to make with the trim and calculate returns too, so this thing aint all the way over yet!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Well thought out proper scientific like for like grow. Really outstanding.

Photography was great right to the end with the last few shots literally icing on the cake.

Well done. I'd be interested in any difference in quality of the high's as much as yield, if any.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Well thought out proper scientific like for like grow. Really outstanding.

Photography was great right to the end with the last few shots literally icing on the cake.

Well done. I'd be interested in any difference in quality of the high's as much as yield, if any.

I been askin the three folks that got samples of both kinds, nobody can tell difference in quality, they jus say its all dope smoke. I tried both but dont smoke enough to notice a diffeeence if there was one.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Im glad yall liked the show, it felt good to be online documenting somethin, gives it more purpose and also keeps me on my A game!
I just got a new 4x4 tent for my next documented grow which will be a Karma genetics test grow. Im trying to decide whether to do this next grow under the 500w growers choice master pursuit cmh or move the spider farmer in and use the cmh in the shed next to the 2 sp250s....

I still got some bubble hash to make with the trim and calculate returns too, so this thing aint all the way over yet!

Cannot wait to see that. :party:

troutman

Seed Whore
:woohoo:

Just ordered the New Spider farmer SF4000 LED Grow Light With Dimmer Knob 2020 version.

Can't wait to finally see up close what LED lights are all about. :)

TexanTerps

This was bad ass! Thanks so much for sharing! Mars and SpiderFarmer owe you a great deal of gratitude. I guarantee you sold quite a few lights here.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Troutman - I think you’ll like it! The dimmers came out like a month after I got mine, that would have been way more convenient!

Texanterps - right on thanks man, i did win a sp3000 from mars with the pics from this, so thats something. I dont think spider farmer even knows it exists.

Im trying tk decide how Im going to do the first sp3000 grow... I’d like to do another side by side, was thinking swap out one of the sp250s and go head up with a 500w cmh I recently got, that would be close wattage, but then I think I wanna use the 500w cmh on my current karma test grow, so it will be another 2 1/2 months till thats ready...

Another idea would be to take out one sp250 and add it to the sf4000 side for a combined total of around 675w, then add the sp150 and sp3000 to left over sp250 for close to the same amount. The only problem with that is all these lights are shaped different so itd be kinda crazy trying to figure out best route for light dispersment...

Then my third idea is setting it up in its own 2x4 tent to really max out its lighting potential and seeing what I can pull with it...

Let me here yall thoughts!

troutman

Seed Whore
I received my light today and just tested it for a minute. It's really bright. :)

I put it back in the box for now. Still have more supplies to get before I can start growing.

Sunshineinabag

You can daisy chain these sf2000$ omfg I'm in love w this tech..... manufacturing isn't super important as long as they perform like they have been.

Attachments

• 114.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20200914_091443.jpg
    IMG_20200914_091443.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20200914_091440.jpg
    IMG_20200914_091440.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 98

Sunshineinabag

Troutman - I think you’ll like it! The dimmers came out like a month after I got mine, that would have been way more convenient!

Texanterps - right on thanks man, i did win a sp3000 from mars with the pics from this, so thats something. I dont think spider farmer even knows it exists.

Im trying tk decide how Im going to do the first sp3000 grow... I’d like to do another side by side, was thinking swap out one of the sp250s and go head up with a 500w cmh I recently got, that would be close wattage, but then I think I wanna use the 500w cmh on my current karma test grow, so it will be another 2 1/2 months till thats ready...

Another idea would be to take out one sp250 and add it to the sf4000 side for a combined total of around 675w, then add the sp150 and sp3000 to left over sp250 for close to the same amount. The only problem with that is all these lights are shaped different so itd be kinda crazy trying to figure out best route for light dispersment...

Then my third idea is setting it up in its own 2x4 tent to really max out its lighting potential and seeing what I can pull with it...

Let me here yall thoughts!

If folks like you were around when I first started my start woulda been a hellofalot less stressful. Don't be a stranger mo!

troutman

Seed Whore
Received an hour ago and tested it like the 1st one.

Now I can sleep without the nightmare of them being sold out. :woohoo:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Great thread bro! You killed it!

Big D!!! Wut up man! Big D an og for those that dont know he was prolly the first in cali to have the gg4, n passed it to me on the legend Jorsy Whales request (RIP OG!) man good to see u still on!