What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cyco Nutrients Busted in Australia - the king of PGRs

J-Icky

Check this link out if you want more information about these kind of synthetic PGR's and it's impact on the growth of Cannabis and it's toxicity. This article has also a bit of a guide on how to spot the difference in end product and what to avoid.

https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/australian-cannabis-education/pgr-toxic-weed/

PGR weed example:
View Image

PGR above and non-toxic below:
View Image

PGR weed example:
View Image

That’s stuff was always known as beasters in my area. Besides it being stupid dense it also would never properly dry and always had this slow burning moistness to it to go along with the horrible taste.

We always assumed it was sprayed or soaked with something, come to find out it kinda was, just before harvest and not after like we always thought.

Glad you shared these pics so that more people can see what PGR buds look like. People need to remember that it’s still not legal in a lot of places, even in The USA, so these buds are still all over the market.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Check this link out if you want more information about these kind of synthetic PGR's and it's impact on the growth of Cannabis and it's toxicity. This article has also a bit of a guide on how to spot the difference in end product and what to avoid.

https://friendlyaussiebuds.com/australian-cannabis-education/pgr-toxic-weed/

PGR weed example:
View Image

PGR above and non-toxic below:
View Image

PGR weed example:
View Image

I have seen almost identical here in Australia .

BongFu

Last time I looked cannabis with THC is illegal in Oz .
No regulation in a black market .
No over sight . No fcking dispensaries . No tests what so ever .
Russian roulette as far as what it was fed . Grow your own , don`t support organised crime .

True - consumers in legal markets have a hell of a lot more protection than consumers where cannabis prohibition still holds which is perhaps why a lot of these PGRs come from Australia and land in other markets. And definitely, grow your own in an illegal market if you want clean cannabis. Most of the commercially grown cannabis in Australia is PGR weed thanks to cretins like Cyco.

BongFu

When you go to a supermarket and buy produce with pesticides/chemicals in them, how does that happen?

Same way with cannabis at a store. Growers have multiple rooms and can lie about harvest numbers easy, then send in the clean stuff to test and sell the dirty. Plus being good friends with the labs helps a lot. Look at Iron Labs in MI, prime example.

A friend had almost 30 lights worth of glue hit with PM, passed testing and was sold in stores.

You do have a point of course but have you ever actually worked in legal production in the US? I do and I can assure you you would be very stupid to try to cheat the system. Certainly no grow I have ever worked with uses PGRs. In fact you'd have to be as dumb as crap to apply a product that significantly reduced the quality (%THC and terpenes) and made the produce look like crap. Its a highly competitive business selling to dispensaries and I can assure you, you would be out of business very quickly and likely also raided by compliance officers and shut down.

BongFu

Wondering if they test the plant material for PGRs here in Canada.

Yep although I couldn't see chlormequat on the list while PBZ and Alar/daminozide are there

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...s/cannabis-testing-pesticide-list-limits.html

Also - there is a zero limit in legal states of the US while Canada seems to have MRLs which is just dumb

In States in the US like Colorado you aren't even allowed to apply synthetic chemical pesticides - there is an allowable input list of pesticides which all are either botanical oil based or derived from bacterium etc. Deviate from this list and you breach compliance. It's a pain in the ass because a lot of these products have extremely low efficiency or cook/burn plants but the main thing is the regulations are made to protect end consumers from exposure to potentially harmful actives. Canada looks like cowboy country at this point, There has never been any MRLs established for a combustible crop (the most sensitive pathway into the human body) so how in hell has Health Canada established MRLs when they don't exist. I'd be lobbying them to sort this mess out or growing my own until they sort it out.

Last edited:

BongFu

Nice Thread Bongfu. Excellent information.

Always enjoyed reading Glow's work when he was on this site.
https://manicbotanix.com/pgrs-and-medical-marijuana/

Glows just posted on his Instagram that Cyco Flower Part C has been recalled along with all the Cyco PGR feed charts. Sounds like he is going after Cyco soon with a story. Fun fun fun... Grabbed a screen shot from Glows IG at manicbotanix.

Attachments

• Cyco-C-Recall-IG.jpg
    Cyco-C-Recall-IG.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 40

medicalmj

Veteran
I use Paclo on my mother plants to stop them from growing. And they look stunted, which I want. But yeah that seems like it would fuck up ur buds. I spray the mothers I want to stunt and cover the pots so no runoff on soil. The clones from these mothers do not contain Paclo though.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
True - consumers in legal markets have a hell of a lot more protection than consumers where cannabis prohibition still holds which is perhaps why a lot of these PGRs come from Australia and land in other markets. And definitely, grow your own in an illegal market if you want clean cannabis. Most of the commercially grown cannabis in Australia is PGR weed thanks to cretins like Cyco.

The man behind Cyco and his daughter were in Washinton a few years back .
A friend started working for them . It didn`t last long .

So be aware they moved from Oz to PNW .

shaggyballs

Veteran
Wasn't that GLOW guy saying they "CYCO" were biker/bikie's.
They threatened his life and took his nute formulas.
Anyone remember that story.
No it is not a conspiracy theory...LOL
Well maybe but his, not mine.

BillFarthing

Veteran
I use Paclo on my mother plants to stop them from growing. And they look stunted, which I want. But yeah that seems like it would fuck up ur buds. I spray the mothers I want to stunt and cover the pots so no runoff on soil. The clones from these mothers do not contain Paclo though.

It's a shame you have "medical" in your username and you use products like paclo with sick people. Do you have test results to back up your claim?

Wasn't that GLOW guy saying they "CYCO" were biker/bikie's.
They threatened his life and took his nute formulas.
Anyone remember that story.
No it is not a conspiracy theory...LOL
Well maybe but his, not mine.

Glow is a good dude and a good agronomist. I vaguely remember that story. We all get a little feisty sometimes, but he really cares about people learning about plants.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Not in the legal dispensary market. All cannabis is tested for PGRs (e.g. paclo) in the pesticide screen. So you are clearly talking about the black market. See my comments above on this.

Nope they are selling that shit in the stores here in the D.
All day long too.

Legal weed is safer right, well maybe not.

medicalmj

Veteran
It's a shame you have "medical" in your username and you use products like paclo with sick people. Do you have test results to back up your claim?

Glow is a good dude and a good agronomist. I vaguely remember that story. We all get a little feisty sometimes, but he really cares about people learning about plants.

Edit: I am only misting tops of mother plants so they stop growing. These don’t get flowered. Nothing in soil.

Yep undetectable as flowers from cuts passed in MI. It’s all in the application. First it’s spray/misted on the stems and leaves at the the top with a cover over the container so if there were runoff it wouldn’t get into media. Next, the reason they don’t test for Paclo is that I take clones once they grow out of “dormancy”. The half life is a real issue in soil but will not translocate from a cut I take to the new shoots as it goes into flower. We should all be far more concerned with any and all nutrients and the levels of heavy metals and/or other chemicals. These are toxins that persist in soil/media and will continue to taken up.

medicalmj

Veteran
All day long too.

I got a couple family members working in the industry. One is in the D. And Michigan just doesn’t have the strict seed to sale like Colorado. There’s still untested backdoor deals. And I’m like how the hell do they grow these rock hard nugs. Albeit they don’t have the smell and trichomes my stuff has. It’s gotta be Paclo and/or Chlormequat.

BongFu

The man behind Cyco and his daughter were in Washinton a few years back .
A friend started working for them . It didn`t last long .

So be aware they moved from Oz to PNW .

Yeah no Shaun Jone's, the owner and company director of SJ Enterprises is based in Adelaide, South Australia. He just purchased a new house in Nth Adelaide. Cyco's only manufacturing plant is based in Gepps Cross SA. In fact, the hypocrisy is he is currently looking at trying to get a legal medical marijuana production license in Australia https://sjpharmaceutical.com/. lol. Hilarious that a scum bag who has poisoned more Australian cannabis than any other would have the nerve to try to con the government into giving him a license. Toss in bikie links and I don't really think he is going to get approved.

Mate, you poss need to check your facts before posting highly inaccurate information. BTW - more PGR peddling scumbags in the hydro industry originate from South Australia (e.g. Dutchmaster) than anywhere else. It's a very strange place so maybe this explains it.... who knows?

Last edited:

BongFu

All day long too.

Yeah I know there are under the counter sales still - the Mexican new brick weed is grown with P-Load. You seem to have a hard on for legal weed:) And hell yeah it's safer bro.... It's tested for PGRs. Get caught using poisons in legal production and it's game over. You would have to be damned stupid to test this one and sacrifice your license.

BongFu

lol seriously? And you have Med in your name? Loser!

Latest posts

Latest posts