What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Compound...

swapmeet

Hello everyone,

So my streak of about 10 years of being a member with 0 public posts is coming to an end with this, the beginning of my grow show.

So here is a general overview of the plan:

I am going to start a perpetual grow in a new place that I have just for growing, as well as my grow room in the place that I live.

I am starting this from seed after growing from clone-only for the last 10 years. I ordered seeds from MSNL seed company, and I will be ordering more soon. I also was gifted the cheese from my grow bro IS70, who will be lurking around here as well.

In addition to the cheese, I have Gorilla Glue, Girl Scout Cookies, Gelato, and Northern Lights, all feminized, to kick things off. There will be more beans popping as I go on my mother search. Those of you who know me from the OG or GC boards know that I love strains, and there will be several, however, this compound isn't all for pleasure, so there will be some monocropping involved once I decide which strains and which mothers to keep in the rotation.

I am going to keep my mothers in extended reservoir Hempy Buckets in my mother area under the stairs at The Compound. I have two 9 bulb floro fixtures. One is a T8 fixture, and one is a T5 fixture. I have been going back and forth about which fixture to use, for what. I have decided to keep my mothers under the T5, and root my cuttings under the T8. I used the logic that T5s promote more branching and foilage, and T8s promote more roots (Freds).

I will build an aero cloner with around 24 sites to handle the propagation, and I will have that cloner under the the 9 bulb t8 fixture, along with (tentatively) a pre-veg dwc tub or two that will pre-veg clones before I put them into the veg system.

The veg system is an 8 plant donut around a vertical 315w CMH bare bulb. They will be in an undercurrent system in 5 gal buckets.

In order to keep the flower rooms perpetually full despite an estimated 4 weeks of veg time in which I will be training with LST/Defoliation techniques, I will have two veg donuts staggered by about 2-2.5 weeks. I will be using Peters nutes. It will take a few runs to get veg time, shape, training...etc. dialed in, but after that it will be clockwork...(babyshit).

Once they are the right size/shape to be flipped, they will go into an 8 plant flowering donut around a single vertical bare 600w hps. The 8 plant donuts fit comfortably into 4 sq.ft. I will have a fan blowing directly up from below of course.

I also plan on experimenting in one of the bedrooms with some extra CMH lights I have... perhaps going full grow cycle with CMH.

The idea will be to dial this system in such that there is a harvest of one donut every two weeks.

In my next post I will show pictures of the grow areas, then catch you up to date with pictures of where I am now, which is that I just transplanted 6 young mother seedlings into their happy hempy homes and put them under the T5.

I look forward to the sharing of experience and wisdom in this thread...experience and suggestions are always welcome here... thanks in advance.

Swap

swapmeet

The Grow Space

The Grow Space

The grow space is set up as follows:

First is the hempy mother area under the stairs:

I can fit 3 circular extended reservoirs in that area, and I have been playing with a couple configurations:

swapmeet

Grow Space....continued

Grow Space....continued

The two veg donuts will be in this area here:

As for the flowering donuts, two can go in this space:

I can also put two donuts in each of 3 practically identical bedrooms:

I can comfortably fit 4-5 more donuts in the grow room at my place

And those are the grow spaces... there are a couple other little areas, and I will show those as I go.

It will be a lengthy process to get this machine rolling, so we will take our time and do it right. This is the overview. As I am ready to utilize a space, I will get much more detailed about it. So, I have the space for mothers, cloning and preveg, 2 veg donuts, and up to 13 flower donuts.

The first donut will just be rooted tops of each of the mothers, which will probably be in a couple weeks... pace, not race... this is the proverbial marathon :)

Swap

swapmeet

Getting Up to Date...

Getting Up to Date...

Here are pictures of the seedlings...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popu...lbums&cp=albums&e=vB_Editor_001&code=&page=3#

I had some over watering issues because the soil based grow plugs I got by accident have 0 aeration... so I dunked them and transplanted them into their hempies today... They had pretty good little root systems going already... And, you can see the reservoir configuration I decided on under the T5 fixture:

swapmeet

other seedling view

other seedling view

This was supposed to be in the last one where that link is...lol I am not allowed to edit my posts yet haha after 10 years... just playing...

And here is one of the fixtures, the T8, but they are identical except the bulb size and ballasts.

swapmeet

The T5 is 26" above the seedlings... I am thinking of moving it down a bit in the coming days... I just want to see how they react to their new environment and light. The seedlings have been under a small 3500k led light to date. I gave them a small feeding of 6.0 ph 328ppm peters when I transplanted. The Hempy mix is just over 3:1 Perlite/Verm

Swap

swapmeet

I moved the light down to about 14-16" above the buckets... I also top fed a cup or two of 6.0ph 365tds peters, and dumped 2.5 gallons of the same solution into the expended reservoirs so that the hempies can leech them into the buckets...

swapmeet

This party just got cheesy

This party just got cheesy

We have had a couple new members show up to the party... 2 cheese sprouts, one shed its helmet today, and one kept it on, but is above ground level (or at least on top of it...

swapmeet

So, some changes and a couple obstacles today. Yesterday I notices ants in the sprout cup without the helmet...and this morning when the cotys opened up, one of them is like 1/3 gone. I saw the ants actually on the stem/coty and didn't care much because I didn't think they hurt plants. They are gone now, but look at that coty:

As for the other cheese sprout, it still has a helmet, but the stem has grown to push it well above ground level... If it does not shed the helmet by late night tonight, I will use the tweezers:

swapmeet

Over to the compound...

Over to the compound...

I am probably going to move the two sprouts over to the grow compound and set them on the floor under the t5, which will put them around 26 or so inches from the light.

For the most part, the young mothers are liking their new homes... The NL moms are diggin it:

Over in the other res, GG4 is displaying what looks to be a P deficiency. If that is what it is, then I can only imagine that the change from soil to hempy when it was used to soil, made the lower ph of 6.0 lock out the p a bit... she is the only one showing p deficiency, but a couple others are showing ph based isues, so I gave a light feeding of higher ph, lower ppm today@ 6.5ph and 256ppm... we will see how they like that...

First the p deficit seedling, GG4:

the other GG is looking stronger after being a bit droopy before the transplant, and the Gelato is experiencing some curl...The GSC is looking pretty good.

swapmeet

Aero Cloner build

Aero Cloner build

I made my Aero cloner to handle plenty of cuts. Here is the pictorial process... Just like the DIY aero cloner thread:

DunHav`nFun

Not seein any pics Bro......maybe your album`s set to private , dunno…..anyways....Good luck and thanks for your time.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...

swapmeet

Hi Freds,

Thanks for stopping by. I was hoping you would be around to spread your wisdom and knowledge. I think you're right about the album being private. I'll see if I can right that ship. Haha all the pictures look good on my end... Thank you sir,

Swap

swapmeet

Cloner....continued

Cloner....continued

Today I drilled the holes, cut the bottoms of the net pots out and fitted them. I got 38 in there... that should be okay for a while...

swapmeet

the net pots and clone holders...

the net pots and clone holders...

They didn't have neoprene inserts around these parts, so I rigged up what they call netpot/cutting sponges... They should work just fine once the bottom is cut out of the netpot. I am also considering cutting these cutting cylinders in half to accommodate shorter cuttings if need be..

swapmeet

Quick update...

Quick update...

I fed the young mothers this morning, the cheese seedling straigh water, everyone else at 458ppm and 6.2ph...

Group Shot:

Cheese Seedling and GSC:

GG1:

GG4:

G2:

Latest posts

Latest posts