What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2019 Dispensary Pre-Roll Challenge! Does YOUR Pre-Roll Make the Cut?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
My hand roll is satisfactory:

picture.php

But my colleague out west asked how many I could roll in an hour,
I replied maybe fifty. He laughed and said he need 5K every
two days.

Not speaking to his yield, as is kosher organic, top shelf, flowered in several large
hot houses.

He automated, lol

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I know of one place out of Washington - Saints Joints. I think they're in Seattle, or at least somewhere in the Sound.

They only make premium pre rolls out of flower. Same with Liera Cannagars.
That's awesome. :) What's the quality of their flower?

The comparison to cigars and tobacco isn't ideal because we put additives/preservatives in tobacco to retain appearance, color and taste--even rolling tobacco.
Really appreciate your sharing, it sounds like a decent shop. It's amazing the differences you can find between different folks in the same industry.

Now I'm curious what additives/preservatives are in $100 cigars, as I'm not talking cheap products here. Do they use additives to keep the flavor clean to the end? I was under the impression it was quality tobacco instead.

There are brands that offer good prerolls. I wont go into names because it's subjective, but there are lots of quality prerolls commercially produced now. Just gotta do your local research.
So brand name pre-rolls are becoming a 'thing.' Awesome :) Good tips on selection as well. Being a budtender is often like working at a bad used car lot these days, so yeah it's best to give them some slack. They usually have no say in what's going on there anyway. :)

1/2oz pack of pre-rolls, eh? Wonder what their roach flavor is like? lol

MedFaced

Showing my cigar ignorance there a bit. Prepackaged cigars/hand rolling tobacco will be treated much in the same way as cigs in most cases. 100’s of things added. Your specialty hand rolls aren't processed the same depending on where/what. You probably know better than I do. I just googled a bit and read about about fermenting the natural sugars in the leaf but didn’t dive too deep into the article.

So maybe it’s parts of the plant used combined with storage conditions that cigar lovers feel improve quality that makes the difference?:dunno:

A wood humidor wouldn’t be good for cannabis and an environmentally controlled “joint fridge” is probably not economical for most occasions...an idea for the diy guys to play with.

fvasquez

Have never received what I would consider a "good" pre-roll. Most are so disgusting that I just pass when offered free pre-rolls now.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I used to sell prerolls to the dispensary. But then the state shut them down. I would take my small or slight off colored buds and roll them up. Every bit as good as my bud was. This allowed me to keep the largest buds on the table so mine looked the best on the table.

I would get more sales with the bigger buds and the prerolls would sell quickly. I would fill the preroll with a half gram and give the very end of the preroll a twist. This set it apart from all the other prerolls. So when people came in they knew it was not the same as the other prerolls.

I would have my patients roll them up for bud. After the cost of the papers and labor to roll I came out at about the same cost as the bud would have sold for. So it allowed me to use up the smaller bud and keep the best for the jars on the table. This was quality prerolls made from quality but small bud. I sold 3/4's of what they sold on their table.