What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro LED

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea eventually guys will figure out come to the forums. I've probably been one of Mars Hydro biggest supporters, yes they gave me a great Led and it's testing as we speak. I've posted in other forums about Mars Hydro, and the lights, testing and everything. Hopefully others will post some links or mention Mars Hydro in these other forums like I've been doing!!!!

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Team at Mars Hydro,
A few observations.
Lack of UV in a lights spectrum seems to keep trichomes from degrading (turning amber), which can make getting the harvest date right a bit difficult (at least for me).
Is this a good thing or is something missing?
Or better put: Does the lack of degrading trichs offer me a vastly bigger harvest window or does it maybe limit the plants in producing some essential oils towards the end?
I've been using, in chronological order, Hans Panels, then your reflector units and then Osram SILs for a few years (all white 2700k) all which showed this reaction for me.
I am right now using your TS1000 light in a 2'x2' (60cmX60cm) but no harvest yet.
Does anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
CC

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@wvkindbud - I'm paying attention now. I've been looking over their site to get a better understanding of their product lines. While currently competing for a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mars Pro II Epistar 160[/FONT] giveaway, I think:

2 x TSW 2000 would really work best in my space, after looking over their offerings. I could honestly even seen a purpose for 2 x SP 250 along side the CMH for some serious over kill.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I find their banner damaging. TS & SP save at least 50% of the electric bill. Which is saying, the most you need to replace a 600, is 300.

I didn't get to reading the second line. That opening statement was enough. It's not worth arguing over if it's true. It's too sensationalist for a hardened hid grower to take seriously.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
At this point, my credibility is a little compromised, having been given one to review. But I replaced a 400w with their 300w, and water usage has increased while temps have fallen. I can't say for sure since I haven't finished a cycle yet, but it would appear that their 300w is outdoing my old 400 hps. Since I've not heard of a 500w, the only single hps bulb you could compare it too would be a 600. Their banner may not be as inaccurate as most would instinctively assume.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Ok.. I will have a look on their site.
First up, the ts 1000. A 150w comparable to a 250w. Not a 315w.
So, presuming the sp could be better, first I find is the 250w one. Comparable to a 400.

This 'at least 50%' isn't holding up against their own literature. Especially when we consider the efficiency increase a 600 has over a 400.

I know my lights are 90% samsung lm301 and 10% lumiled 660. I would be very hopeful expecting a third off my bill. I didn't need to replace a 600 with 720 (both plus ballast consumption) though. I think 480 would of done it (I'm using 240w lights, as in meanwell 240w output ballasts, that measure about 265w input)

Epistar certainly aint bad. Thrashing Samsung though? I think a more conservative 'save around a third' is a lot more believable. Sodium 1.7 led 2.4 seems to suggest my findings from testing. Which in turn. suggests your 300 to be ~15% better than your 400. Which is a light that piles on losses from aging reflectors and lamps, so the gap is likely to be greater.

50% though. I just find it grates a bit. In a business full of marketing bollox, we have to sift quickly through the available suppliers. You have pulled me into a meaningful look at these, and I find they should be competitive. But I had already walked, and used another supplier.

What are we looking at here, £1 a watt if the duty man doesn't get you. For a boxed up light. It's really not much more than DIY, and that's if you use your loaf.

Fuck it. What is not to like. I'm beat lol (but I paid a lot less for my lights)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Yeah if efficiency alone was the argument, the case for led wouldn't be worth the price increase. But the silent cooler better spread of light makes them more attractive.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Save 50% on electricity. That's not an exaggeration. As you know, in addition to the power consumption of traditional HPS lamps, growers also need to add air conditioning and other cooling ventilation facilities in tents to control the temperature, which also uses energy

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Right now I'm loving the soft white colour of my room. It was never purple, but I think that would have got annoying quickly. Orange sure was.
because sunlight is warm white, good white led lights are close to natural sunlight

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hi Team at Mars Hydro,
A few observations.
Lack of UV in a lights spectrum seems to keep trichomes from degrading (turning amber), which can make getting the harvest date right a bit difficult (at least for me).
Is this a good thing or is something missing?
Or better put: Does the lack of degrading trichs offer me a vastly bigger harvest window or does it maybe limit the plants in producing some essential oils towards the end?
I've been using, in chronological order, Hans Panels, then your reflector units and then Osram SILs for a few years (all white 2700k) all which showed this reaction for me.
I am right now using your TS1000 light in a 2'x2' (60cmX60cm) but no harvest yet.
Does anyone have any insights into this?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
CC
There are two kinds of UV: UVA(380nm) and UVB(200nm). UVA is useless, It doesn't matter if it's in the spectrum or not. UVB is a good spectrum, However, all LEDs added with UV spectrum on the market are added with UVA, not UVB, The light of UVB is very strong and almost invisible, if we use it, the light will be broken soon.
If the seller claims to have added UVB to his led lights, he is actually adding T5 to them

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
First look at the front of the TS3000, which covers the area of a 4x4 flower

Attachments

• TIM图片20190822103833.jpg
    TIM图片20190822103833.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 18