What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does Triacontanol or Brassinolide slow flowering response?

JimMuscles

I used these and my plants seemto have a slow flowering response. Im on day 22 of 12 12 and three strains have small budlets, not many white hairs. Two other strains dont even have hairs yet. The plants look healthy, and had a good stretch, but are behind expected progress,. Is this normal ? Its not that theyre not growing, just not budding. Thanks

shaggyballs

Veteran
oooooooow, Brass and Tria. in bud???????
I think that combo is not the best choice in flower.
I can not give advice on this but using hormones in bud can be very unpredictable to say the least.
Day 22 is pretty far along, I have not had good results with anything that far into bud.
Both would increase stretch and would not help put on weight theroretically anyhow.

If I had to guess, I would say it would lower yield.
And that seems to be what you are saying.
Does Triacontanol or Brassinolide slow flowering response?
I can not say for sure one way or the other but probably or reduces bud mass in favor of upward growth.
Best of luck bro, it is a winding road no doubt.

Peace
Shag

TnTLabs

yo shaggy,
hope you are well!!
havent used Brass, think its a cytokine and helps get more tops, causes branching out.... but Tria is a flowering booster and works well.. will increase yield and shorten flowering time... its in a lot of flowering boosters!!
peace

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hey TNT
What up buddy?
I am doing well, not perfect but doing well.
I hope life is doing you right.

Yes, cytokinin will cause branching but I have not yet found a productive use for it mid flower.

Why do you even need to use pgr products. Most of the community is on too them. They reduce terpenes and thc in favor of bud mass. Try some extra mirco organisms, mammoth p and recharge are great cheap products.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Test your mamoth P for hormones.
You are not gonna get a boost like that from microbes.
Brass and TRIA are found naturally in plants and do not reduce terps,THC,or flavor.
This stuff is in so many bottled nute, peolple all over are using them sometimes unknowingly.
Just sayin'

Peace
Shag

prune

Veteran
T
Brass and TRIA are found naturally in plants and do not reduce terps,THC,or flavor.
This stuff is in so many bottled nute, peolple all over are using them sometimes unknowingly.
Just sayin'

Peace
Shag

"Just sayin' " always comes from people who shouldn't be...

(They are NOT in every plant, at least not at the insane levels that unscrupulous vendors and "turbo growers" like to use.
They are not in ALL Nutes, they test for that shit nowadays.)

And as to the original poster, you can't fool MotherNature, plants didn't evolve to have super powers that you can trigger with just the RIGHT serum. Growing pot is not a Marvel comic, it's getting your hands dirty, learning from your mistakes and doing the best you can.

If that's not working for you, secret sauce is not going to help. In all likelihood it will hurt (someone).

JimMuscles

Last i sprayed was over a week ago... Thanks for the reply. I think it caused a stretch. I think some added time to finish for sure. We will see.. Probably the last time i use any PGR knowingly to be honest. But i run house and garden so theres whatevers in there, but thats fine. Thats not gonna negatively effect my yield, flowering response etc

TnTLabs

pgr´s have their use, something nearly all growers use is a rooting hormone for example
but im with you pp, less is more and better yet, leave them out...
rather, use beneficial bacteria & microbes etc for boosting soil life
i also heard mammoth P isnt just microbes but has Tria init.. who knows till you have it tested

Player2

you can't fool MotherNature, plants didn't evolve to have super powers that you can trigger...

This is false.

Do you use rooting compounds? Alfalfa meal in your compost blend? Do you top, train, crush stems...?

You are in the botany and science forum. Read here for a minute, or better yet, go take a look at real research. Let us know what you find.

Take half of your next seed pack and plant it in an unprepared spot in your yard, then come back in fall and harvest after letting nature alone express itself.

I love all natural, and like communism, it makes a fun read. It just doesn't work.

JimMuscles

Test your mamoth P for hormones.
You are not gonna get a boost like that from microbes.
Just sayin'

Peace
Shag
Any help on how to make them flower now? Theyre on 11/13 and still not really getting into it. Its really annoying haha theyre so green and have so much phototropism and nice bud sites, but heres not much budding at all. Fml... Im wiling to try another product or whatever. Btw did you ever learn about prohexione calcium (sp) ?

shaggyballs

Veteran
I think it is approved for some food crops.
I would have to check my notes, can't remember shit....LOL
It would be best if you got all the facts before you try it out.
Where did you hear about it?

Latest posts

Latest posts