What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenez

Has anyone used Terpenez? Trying to get more info on it. I bought a bottle and opened it up....WHOA smells like Pinesol!! What the heck is this stuff... anyhow I am going to give it a test run and see what we end up with!!

Thanks all
APC

picture.php

BubbaBear

Its probably Alpha-Pinene and or Beta-Pinene and limonene, terpines that naturally occur in cannabis that you can also buy. I keep hearing about them being added to concentrates. It's not the way I'd like to boost my terpine profile, it's like adding artificial flavoring. Chitosan and jasmonic acid do it by boosting your plants natural terpines as well as increasing potency and inducing SAR.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Its probably Alpha-Pinene and or Beta-Pinene and limonene, terpines that naturally occur in cannabis that you can also buy. I keep hearing about them being added to concentrates. It's not the way I'd like to boost my terpine profile, it's like adding artificial flavoring. Chitosan and jasmonic acid do it by boosting your plants natural terpines as well as increasing potency and inducing SAR.

I came here to say this. Terpenez actually adds terps to their product. There are ways to do it naturally. Chitosan is great. I had some herms from adding jasmonic versus the control early in flower. I'd wait until adding a hardener to use jasmonic in flower.

JuneBugJoe

how did the terepenez product turn out? would like to see some test results to compare. Also... I am pretty sure this is a flushing agent to be used in the last week or two before harvest. If anyone is using this stuff and have compared it to similar products in the timeline as detox or clearex, it would be good to hear from ya.

Kiefer

No more updates about Terpenez?? I came here expecting to find loads of people raving about it.. I have used and will continue to, the most notable difference for me, is increased resin production. This stuff really has been great for me, I was hoping to see more actual reviews.

Drewsif

No more updates about Terpenez?? I came here expecting to find loads of people raving about it.. I have used and will continue to, the most notable difference for me, is increased resin production. This stuff really has been great for me, I was hoping to see more actual reviews.

Thats not resin, its syrup. You can make your own fake terp juice with the ingredients of lemonade.

You can sort Terpenez grown buds out very easily. Why do people do this to their weed. Hydro background "yeah bro let's infuse our bud with kushy sauce! "

I wonder if people will be mad when they realize the weed you've been selling them has a bottled smell, not a natural one..

Absolem

These products are nothing but snake oil. The thought of dumping some "terpenes" on your medium to increase flavor would have been found out by farmers a long time ago. Vineyards would be dumping all their extra grapes in the fields to increase flavor. Think about it. Wine is a billion dollar industry and they are not dumping left over oranges or apples or any other fruit on their fields hoping to increase the wine flavor. Apple farmers would have been dumping oranges on their fields and vice versa. Go to take these "terpene" products to a vineyard and tell them you have a product that will increase the wine/grape flavor and they would laugh at us. But these products are taken seriously in the cannabis industry.

Drewsif

These products are nothing but snake oil. The thought of dumping some "terpenes" on your medium to increase flavor would have been found out by farmers a long time ago. Vineyards would be dumping all their extra grapes in the fields to increase flavor. Think about it. Wine is a billion dollar industry and they are not dumping left over oranges or apples or any other fruit on their fields hoping to increase the wine flavor. Apple farmers would have been dumping oranges on their fields and vice versa. Go to take these "terpene" products to a vineyard and tell them you have a product that will increase the wine/grape flavor and they would laugh at us. But these products are taken seriously in the cannabis industry.

Sorry but youre absolutely wrong. These products "work". They are adulterants. Terpenez smells like pinesol... You can smell it all over dispensaries (it taste fucking disgusting, not like natural terps). Quit telling me I'm lying. You can smell Terpenez on crops. Its a strain faker product for shady criminal minded growers (who grow premie schwagg and infuse it with heavy adulterants, mostly fruit peel extracts mixed in sugar water)

Farmers can't afford to fertilize food with food, or they would.. Everyone knows the soil changes flavor. In many ways. Through bacterial reactions, and directly. Anyone who's ever used molasses knows how it works, wether they admit it or not. It's obvious when the plant gets sticky and frosty 24 hours after soaking the roots in sugar water. And the lab tests confirms. Molasses in the buds! But yeah just write that off.. Im not a smiling tomatoe in sunglasses trying to scam you,so ignore my lab results showing that Cannabis sweeteners/bloom ferts all leave their fucking flavor trail (and it has weight).

Blows my mind, the amount of people who claim soil has nothing to do with flavor.. Or that roots can't absorb single molecule compounds. While I can readily identify some grows by the taste of their soil alone.. Companion planting is not a myth either.. I can tell if you've got lavender or mint in the garden.

The hydro shop saleman science needs to go away. I can easily tell Budcandy Sweet Floranectar Terpenez Terpinator buds apart... These are scent additives.. Not fertilizers. No different than spraying with cola or Tasty Puff. Its all glorified Brix+ in different flavors and marketing angles. Fake sugar levels.

Instructions for Brix+ sugar water product:

"Brix+ is full of natural carbohydrates, a unique natural wetting agent, naturally derived amino acids and enzymes. This formula allows for super carbo-loading of flowers. Brix+ can be used as both a tank additive or foliar sprayed before and/or after harvest."

Statement from Botanicare regarding Sweet sugar water product:

"The natural esters in Sweet are easily absorbed by the plant, but are not broken down further once deposited within the plant tissue. This means that as new flowers develop they will contain small amounts of these natural esters which contribute to the overall flavor and aroma of the finished product."

They all work the SAME. Scent additives marketed as food for non-existent microbials in hydro mediums. Fake smells. Its fake weed at that point. Grow with this shit and I'll tell you to your face: you grow fake weed... Who wants to smoke lemon peels and sugar!?!?

Swallow you pride and listen: I live in Az.. You have 2 choices for medical weed here : weed with no smell/flavor, and weed with a fake smell/flavor that can easily, with 100% accuracy be categorized by the product used to obtain said fake smell. This bogus weed industry known as "hydroponics" has an entire state mmj program smoking grow products and thinking its natural weed!

If you're goin to take a stand against the bullshit flavor additives, at least do it for the right reason. 5 week hydro buds injected with lemon peel sugar water and sold as top shelf.. Thats a REAL fucking problem

Last edited:

Absolem

Sorry but youre absolutely wrong. These products "work". They are adulterants. Terpenez smells like pinesol... You can smell it all over dispensaries (it taste fucking disgusting, not like natural terps). Quit telling me I'm lying. You can smell Terpenez on crops. Its a strain faker product for shady criminal minded growers (who grow premie schwagg and infuse it with heavy adulterants, mostly fruit peel extracts mixed in sugar water)

Farmers can't afford to fertilize food with food, or they would.. Everyone knows the soil changes flavor. In many ways. Through bacterial reactions, and directly. Anyone who's ever used molasses knows how it works, wether they admit it or not. It's obvious when the plant gets sticky and frosty 24 hours after soaking the roots in sugar water. And the lab tests confirms. Molasses in the buds! But yeah just write that off.. Im not a smiling tomatoe in sunglasses trying to scam you,so ignore my lab results showing that Cannabis sweeteners/bloom ferts all leave their fucking flavor trail (and it has weight).

Blows my mind, the amount of people who claim soil has nothing to do with flavor.. Or that roots can't absorb single molecule compounds. While I can readily identify some grows by the taste of their soil alone.. Companion planting is not a myth either.. I can tell if you've got lavender or mint in the garden.

The hydro shop saleman science needs to go away. I can easily tell Budcandy Sweet Floranectar Terpenez Terpinator buds apart... These are scent additives.. Not fertilizers. No different than spraying with cola or Tasty Puff. Its all glorified Brix+ in different flavors and marketing angles. Fake sugar levels.

Instructions for Brix+ sugar water product:

"Brix+ is full of natural carbohydrates, a unique natural wetting agent, naturally derived amino acids and enzymes. This formula allows for super carbo-loading of flowers. Brix+ can be used as both a tank additive or foliar sprayed before and/or after harvest."

Statement from Botanicare regarding Sweet sugar water product:

"The natural esters in Sweet are easily absorbed by the plant, but are not broken down further once deposited within the plant tissue. This means that as new flowers develop they will contain small amounts of these natural esters which contribute to the overall flavor and aroma of the finished product."

They all work the SAME. Scent additives marketed as food for non-existent microbials in hydro mediums. Fake smells. Its fake weed at that point. Grow with this shit and I'll tell you to your face: you grow fake weed... Who wants to smoke lemon peels and sugar!?!?

Swallow you pride and listen: I live in Az.. You have 2 choices for medical weed here : weed with no smell/flavor, and weed with a fake smell/flavor that can easily, with 100% accuracy be categorized by the product used to obtain said fake smell. This bogus weed industry known as "hydroponics" has an entire state mmj program smoking grow products and thinking its natural weed!

If you're goin to take a stand against the bullshit flavor additives, at least do it for the right reason. 5 week hydro buds injected with lemon peel sugar water and sold as top shelf.. Thats a REAL fucking problem

I disagree with your premise.

Sorry but youre absolutely wrong. These products "work". They are adulterants. Terpenez smells like pinesol... You can smell it all over dispensaries (it taste fucking disgusting, not like natural terps).

The claims and advertising made by these "terpene" products say they will increase "terpene" profiles and "essential oils". They do not increase natural "terpene" profiles like they claim. The question isn't whether they change the flavor of the cannabis. BUT do they change the terpene profile? They do not.

You even admit it in your last sentence they are not "natural terps". Meaning the product does not "work" as claimed.

You can smell it all over dispensaries (it taste fucking disgusting, not like natural terps).

If you took these products to a plant scientist and had them run a double blind study to see if they "work" they would say no. These products do not increase terpene profiles.

These products could be tested on grapes. Grapes and cannabis have some of the same terpene profiles. For those interested this is a study on grapes and shows how the terpene profiles in grapes increase as they age. It also shows how they test for terpenes.
https://bib.irb.hr/datoteka/346817.1873-Radeka-12.pdf

To find study's like that google "google scholar" and it will give you peer reviewed studies. It's basically all university studies.

Quit telling me I'm lying.

When I first replied you were never even a thought when posting. My post wasn't directed at you. But hey. Let her rip tater chip.

Farmers can't afford to fertilize food with food, or they would..

Farmers do this naturally every year. They don't have to pay a dime. Soon I'll be visiting the local orchards eating pumpkin spice donuts and drinking fresh apple cider. Many of these places you can pick your own apples and you will see ton's of apples under the trees. Same with cherry orchards or strawberry patches.

You can't put orange juice on an apple tree and make it taste like an orange. The same is true for those sweeteners that pander to people who think they can make their cannabis taste like grapes or pineapple.

It's obvious when the plant gets sticky and frosty 24 hours after soaking the roots in sugar water. And the lab tests confirms. Molasses in the buds!

That cannot happen just by adding "sugar water". Products that can do that contain a pgr or an ingredient like chitosan which induces SAR response in plants. If lab tests are confirming "molasses" on the buds then it got their by being sprayed. Plants make sugar in their leaves and transport it to the roots where it is extruded into the medium to change the nutrient solution around it. They take up very little "sugar" from the medium.

Here's a study on plants grown in sugar water. They dyed the sugar water to see how much "sugar" the plant will drink.
https://www.jbc.org/content/early/2011/10/31/jbc.M111.269712.full.pdf

This is the summary.
"In conclusion, our data suggest that
STP1 and STP13 are involved in the root
absorption of monosaccharides from the
surrounding environment. STP1 has a major
role in monosaccharides uptake under normal transporter genes. Therefore, we hypothesize
that STP13 reabsorbs monosaccharides that
leak from damaged root epidermal cells to
increase the cellular osmotic pressure or to
reduce the loss of nutrients for the adaptation
against conditions of osmotic stress. "

Blows my mind, the amount of people who claim soil has nothing to do with flavor.. Or that roots can't absorb single molecule compounds.

There are no threads on ICMAG where people are doubting soil has affects on plant flavor. I'm pretty sure knowing what you put in soil will affect flavor is anything but ground breaking. Not sure how you read all that into my post?

I can easily tell Budcandy Sweet Floranectar Terpenez Terpinator buds apart... These are scent additives.. Not fertilizers. No different than spraying with cola or Tasty Puff.

Myself and all friends can instantly taste those products as well. It's not a special talent. It's well known many growers spray cannabis flowers to add weight as you have mentioned as well.

Swallow you pride and listen: I live in Az.. You have 2 choices for medical weed here : weed with no smell/flavor, and weed with a fake smell/flavor that can easily, with 100% accuracy be categorized by the product used to obtain said fake smell.

Sounds like you have a great opportunity to open a dispensary and put the kind of product out there you would like to see and make some coin at it too. Why do you spend so much time in dispensaries that sell junk cannabis? I quit going to those places a long time ago. It's well known what you get there.

If you're goin to take a stand against the bullshit flavor additives, at least do it for the right reason. 5 week hydro buds injected with lemon peel sugar water and sold as top shelf.. Thais a REAL fucking problem

Not really my calling in life to stand up to the bs in the hydro industry. It says more about the clientele they have then it says about them.

Last edited:

nitroz

when did terps become the latest gimmick in the weed industry?
I have been loading with sugars before 1998 to enhance flavor blackstrap molasses anyone ??? I have been using various products to achieve the same thing for years. I think its more of the market creating products that growers are looking for. The stuff does work and it works well maybe too well I wouldnt use to the extent that the label describes. I know people are going to talk trash fake weed blah blah. Maybe try the product before talking trash I did and I am surprised how well it works.

medicalmj

Veteran
Looks like Terpenez has been discontinued. In its place is Terp Tonix by Soulgro. They claim some lofty stuff including that it does what a SARS inducer would do and not a fake flavor agent. Anyone know more about this latest terp enhancer?

mexweed

Veteran
aerate fresh mashed up bananas with insect frass, bananas have the carbs/sugars plus P, K, Ca, Mag, sulfur, and frass has the chitosan, needs to be in organic soil though