What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Triacontanol Products

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I was wondering if someone could a list together of popular products containing Triacontanol.

I have used it in the past (liquid maxicrop, and alfalfa meal extract), and when you get the dose right, it literally increases yield by 40%, but if you give too much, You will get the yield, but the quality goes down the crapper. Has anyone else noticed this? What brand are you using, what dosage, and when/how are you applying it. And what are your results like?

Also, I hear talk of using seaweed and magnesium to help facilitate and amplify the effects TRIA.. Any input on this jargon?

IndoGorilla

I used Green Planet Massive(along with Finisher) on my last grow. I have no idea of the effects and if it worked or not but the flowers turned out great. I have nothing to compare to though.

I followed the directions on the bottle. 20 mL per gallon. Fed every other watering along with gh flora. I had some crowning or minor foxtailing happening. I have read it could have been from too much triacontanol not sure thougth.

zilants

advance nutrients nirvana

or you can make your own triacontanol cheap as heck by buying off of ebay and dissolving it in polysorbate i think theres videos on youtube

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have never seen an increase of 40 percent ...rose growers were using it long before dope growers ..I been using it a long time...guess I aint been using the right dose...maybe I need some fancy overpriced bottled stuff....hmmmm

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm glad I don't smoke your weed!!! Smh. Some of you guys will do anything for profit, even if that means spread cancer and take a wonderful fruit like marijuana and make it bd for the body. Damn!!!

Maybe do a little research before opening your mouth and spreading ungrounded fears?

Triacontanol is used in some anti-cancer medications.

Perhaps I can pass this "Dipshit Know-Nothing" crown on to you?

Maybe do a little research before opening your mouth and spreading ungrounded fears?

Triacontanol is used in some anti-cancer medications.

Perhaps I can pass this "Dipshit Know-Nothing" crown on to you?

LOL, holy shit that's funny.

I am going to give the homemade shit a try next go around. Why? Because there's no reason not to.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have no issues using tria....not one.... I haven't used bottled stuff but alfalfa in various forms.......yeehaw...I have used it on my veggies and flowers too...I just never saw 40 percent increase..^^^^^^lol mikell

Bloombastic is probably the best t-nol readily available product, in my opinion. But since I learned what t-nol has done in lab studies I have since refused to use the product. Recently I went to work as a COO of a lettuce and kale farm. There I learned different high yield techniques from other indoor farmers who produced similar produce as the ones I was familiar with. Anyways, t-nol is linked to cancer causing agents. I mean really, what do you expect from a product that can increase yields 20% or more? Don't you know that product enters the body? That product also act similar inside the body as it did to the plant. Mikell, I have been doing this since 98-99, a dipshit know-nothing is not a good description of me. I wasn't even talking to you anyways, you're a nobody on here. What you say is shit, meaningless. Like I was saying, the MJ world needs to take more responsibility in what they sell the to masses. I can't wait until the days when we will have to place ingredients on our labels. I know, you have no fucking clue about the future of this business and your existence in it. Why am I even addressing your know nothing ass!?! Carry on.

Sounds like you know your stuff, so you probably know that plant growth regulators don't have an effect on humans and that you're likely to encounter more PGRs eating an organic mushroom or apple than you are from smoking bud grown with one.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Sherlock Holmes says, read the label and if the active ingredients are derived from "alfalfa", then it probably contains Triacontanol.

Like Growmore's "Jump Start".

hyposomniac

Anyways, t-nol is linked to cancer causing agents.

What does that mean? Triacontanol hangs out with a bad crowd?

Sure, he studies and gets good grades, stays out of trouble.. But he hangs out with those hooligans Cockroach and Theo and Paclobuzatrol.

Seriously if you have something scary about tria to post, please do. Lots of us using it..

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
People are so anal these days about what you can put into your plants. Smoke inhalation itself is far worse than trace amounts TRIA in the product. With all the PGR and GMO food and products out there, you have a lot bigger things to worry about.

Ok maybe 40% more yield was it bit a of a reach. At least 25-30% increase though for sure. About 5 years back i ran tons of trials with TRIA derived from sea kelp and alfalfa meal. I believe it was mostly maxicrop liquid, and GH Florablend, but in higher doses than reccomended. I only applied it by foliar application anywhere from the last 2 weeks of veg, to wks 1-3 of flower. I tested different strengths at different weeks, as well how many times it needed to be applied to get satisfactory results. To say the least, i ended up finding the perfect method. Unfortunately, shortly after, the septic tank backed up into the house and ruined all of my logged data. I wasnt able to get set back up for a while after that mess, and in the mean time i forgot what was working the best. I faintly remember finding that the perfect dose of maxicrop had to be just high enough to where the leaves would look like they are starting to get overfed, but then a day or two later everything is fine and the plants look great. Then a day or two after that buds start forming very quickly. Vertical growth slows, internodal distance decreases, and onset of flowers is accelerated. This is why you get more yield. The quicker you can get flowers to form, the more you will yield overall. In the end i do remember that it was just one heavy dose right around the last day of veg or first day of flower. I do not recall what the rate was.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bloombastic is probably the best t-nol readily available product, in my opinion. But since I learned what t-nol has done in lab studies I have since refused to use the product. Recently I went to work as a COO of a lettuce and kale farm. There I learned different high yield techniques from other indoor farmers who produced similar produce as the ones I was familiar with. Anyways, t-nol is linked to cancer causing agents. I mean really, what do you expect from a product that can increase yields 20% or more? Don't you know that product enters the body? That product also act similar inside the body as it did to the plant. Mikell, I have been doing this since 98-99, a dipshit know-nothing is not a good description of me. I wasn't even talking to you anyways, you're a nobody on here. What you say is shit, meaningless. Like I was saying, the MJ world needs to take more responsibility in what they sell the to masses. I can't wait until the days when we will have to place ingredients on our labels. I know, you have no fucking clue about the future of this business and your existence in it. Why am I even addressing your know nothing ass!?! Carry on.

:comfort: Don't get all butt hurt over what some nobody on a forum says to you.

You're addressing me because I commented on the unsubstantiated information you posted, but mostly, because it pissed you off to all hell. Feel free to act like a pompous ass that puts merit in post count and forum whoring.

I am a know nothing ass, but when I say something, I can back it up with links or references to objective information that will hold up to scrutinization. At the very minimum, it is sourced from a highly respected person in the community, who doesn't rely on bluster or broad claims. What are these statements that you have provided no real information on, other than your own fear mongering conjecture? What use are you, who grows for 20+ years and carries this kind of approach?

Come up with something at least. I'd rather be proven wrong and learn something new.

Apache Kush

OK newbie question guys.

I have read great things about: Bloombastic

and someone mentioned AN's Nirvana.

What are the other most popular products for T-nol in cannabis

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alfalfa meal? Though now I'm thinking it's the culprit of all these massive tumours

Alfalfa meal? Though now I'm thinking it's the culprit of all these massive tumours

It is scientifically proven that horses live less than 100 years, and they also eat alfalfa. COINCIDENCE? I think not.

And this is where it gets weird... Alfalfa from the little rascals also died an early death at the age of 31. He was attempting to rough up a stranger in their own house and was shot in the chest with a .38 caliber handgun.

Alfalfa strikes again. I think we can all see the lesson here... Triacontanol is dangerous.

BigBozat

And the new Dip-Shit Know-Nothing is...

And the new Dip-Shit Know-Nothing is...

:comfort: Don't get all butt hurt over what some nobody on a forum says to you.

You're addressing me because I commented on the unsubstantiated information you posted, but mostly, because it pissed you off to all hell. Feel free to act like a pompous ass that puts merit in post count and forum whoring.

I am a know nothing ass, but when I say something, I can back it up with links or references to objective information that will hold up to scrutinization. At the very minimum, it is sourced from a highly respected person in the community, who doesn't rely on bluster or broad claims. What are these statements that you have provided no real information on, other than your own fear mongering conjecture? What use are you, who grows for 20+ years and carries this kind of approach?

Come up with something at least. I'd rather be proven wrong and learn something new.

Raw_Dog is full o' sh!t...

Hurray for Mikell calling him out & standing his ground :woohoo:

There's a reason Raw_Dog doesn't offer any reference/cite/link/source, which is... there ain't any... not a single cite anywhere that I can find implicating tria as a carcinogen...

In fact, as others have pointed out, the evidence runs in the opposite direction... tria is implicated as a cancer-inhibitor...

Accordingly, I second Mikell's nomination for handing the crown to Raw_Dog, along with a special recognition for his achievements in the field of Paranoid Luddite Reactionarism...
I salute you sir! :moon: