What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jilly Bean

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've always wanted to try this one.

TGA/Subcool still around?

-cap

Ya, he’s still around but he had to start over because the Cobb fire in California destroyed his entire property and most of his genetics. I knew a lot of growers that lost everything in that fire. It’s heartbreaking to see these guys’ life work lost like that. They’re good folks that didn’t deserve that. I wish them even greater success with their restarts. I hope they rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

Subcool wrote this.

“I am Subcool and I have been breeding Cannabis Seeds for 2 decades underground. I am proud to have survived the many changes in the industry and continue to offer you great genetics in today new markets worldwide. Subcool Seeds AKA THE DANK (Previously TGAgenetics) was formed in 2017 after a fire destroyed my home and everything I owned except a stash of seeds and parent plants at two other locations. Over 4 million seeds were lost in the Cobb fire. In 2018 the library of classic strains like Jesus OG Kush and Cheese Quake was rebuilt and 13 new Dank Strains added to our Menu. Working together with breeders like Norstar Genetics and Badger’s Dank we are constantly innovating and creating new cannabis strains. We now offer 45 amazing strains of Cannabis and we continue to research and create more.”

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
makes me want to try his wares even more.

least we can do to help get people back on their feet.

-cap

EvergreenState

Kind of ironic that a guy who burnt so many bridges in the past would have his house burn down.
There are a lot of good people that you can buy seeds from who are more deserving than Subcool. Several who are regulars on this site.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: ..... agreed, especially since he trashed Gypsy alla those years ago after Gypsy gave him a job in the UK to help get him outa a jam.:tiphat:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Never heard bout him trashing Gn that sucks... I wanted try to Chernobyl n JacktheRipper but for the money I keep putting other stuff in front priority wise...

HalfArsedFarmer

Gypsy don't keep a grudge.

Maybe you guys shouldn't keep one for him hey....

Like him or loath him you can't say that he hasn't given to those that need it through charity work...

I don't see many breeders giving to charity as much as Sub & Jill did.......

His seed price has doubled in a few years though so he's pricing himself out the market for me, well my market anyway....

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kind of ironic that a guy who burnt so many bridges in the past would have his house burn down.
There are a lot of good people that you can buy seeds from who are more deserving than Subcool. Several who are regulars on this site.

I don’t have any knowledge of the past drama between them. I just liked subcool’s genetics, and I wish the best for him and GN, along with all the skilled growers and activists in the grow community.

touringfunkband

For anyone who has grown out Jilly Bean, would you say the majority of the phenotypes are on the lighter, airy side? I haven't grown it out yet, but I've been sitting on a pack of reg-JB for a few years.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
For anyone who has grown out Jilly Bean, would you say the majority of the phenotypes are on the lighter, airy side? I haven't grown it out yet, but I've been sitting on a pack of reg-JB for a few years.

I grew a pack of Jilly Bean and all of the phenos I had smelled and tasted really nice but the high was not very strong and short lived. It was good for a day time high while getting things done.
None of the buds were what you'd call airy, they were all nice sized and fairly compact.