What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jilly Bean

Wow! You have a fine cut of Jilly Bean your working with.
At least it looks like you did a proper job on it from the photos. Certainly, looks way better than the three different phenos I tried from seed last summer.

All of mine were orange, mango, or somewhere in between that smell. The buzz was nice, active, happy go lucky, which was great for day time smoke. I didn't keep any of them, as I was looking for that rumored red skittle phenotype, and not something orangey. Wish clones of that skittle cut were available somewhere.

Congrats on a wonderful job, enjoy :)

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow! You have a fine cut of Jilly Bean your working with.
At least it looks like you did a proper job on it from the photos. Certainly, looks way better than the three different phenos I tried from seed last summer.

All of mine were orange, mango, or somewhere in between that smell. The buzz was nice, active, happy go lucky, which was great for day time smoke. I didn't keep any of them, as I was looking for that rumored red skittle phenotype, and not something orangey. Wish clones of that skittle cut were available somewhere.

Congrats on a wonderful job, enjoy :)

You can get the cut from darkheart nursery. They are available at many dispensaries.

Jurkone

Ouah! ¡Amazing looking buds, full of resin! The taste was more like sweet orange or orange skin? Thanks for sharing!! :)

BayAreaBudMan

One of my go to strains when going to harborside, smell and taste is on point great day time smoke . After reading this thread and seeing the pheno from dhn i picked one up today along with there Dream Queen , anyone ran the DQ? Any info would be awesome.

Golden Tree

Your jilly looks awesome! Great job! I ran her a couple years ago my Female customers favourite and I agree her smell and tastes are a thing of beauty:) looks delicious.

west-eu

jilly bean space pheno

jilly bean space pheno

jilly bean space pheno

picture.php

Last edited:

Heusinomics

You did a fantastic job Hz!
Both on the grow, and in your description & photography. Great shots.

Love or Hatem subcool n ms.jill are veterans of the "online comunity" and helped out many growers along there path.

I would also add that HashZepplin should possibly edit the original post to credit Ms.Jill
As it was infact here namesake strain and one of the first ever openly discussed/sold cannabis strain made by a "female professional cannabis breeder" from the USA.

Acording to her and HighTimes at least?.. If that is at all credable. Ha

Anyway. Killer grow

Big ups respect and happy growing.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Found a different pheno of Jilly Bean in my last batch, much darker smelling than the previous more fruity orange smell I got. The current one is straight candy shop smell.
Stretch is huge and yield is nice. Potency is like the previous cut - not too strong, and the taste is much stronger.
Couch lock heavy type of high, unlike the enjoyable character of the previous one.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I got a pack of Jillybean in 08, found a nice keeper i kept a long time, I really enjoyed growing and smoking this strain but there was a lot of variation in phenotypes, i even had some very bad smelling Jillybean female, a violent bad smell . But most of them were smelling orange or fruity.

I love me some Jilly Bean!!! Tastes like lemon and orange skittles on the exhale. I have a buddy in Oregon who grows this strain with great success.

I bought a pack a few years ago with Jack The Ripper. Jilly was the only time I had a 0% germ rate. That and along with the quality of JTR is why I won't run TGA gear in my garden. But from the right growers, his strains can be excellent. I've had amazing Jilly Bean, Cheesequake, Agent Orange and 9 Pound Hammer

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going back through my old smoke reports. I really want to grow this strain again.