What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is everyone really using TRIACONTANOL incorrectly?

Ahhh bit of a head melt as usual many great opinions on icmag but causing confusion as resident experts with conflicting opinions...... I think I'm gonna go with the 1mg dose as with most things less is generally better than pumping high doeses....... Am I using poly 20 or not I have the ability to RO water like omera but is this recommended

I'm gonna foliar as I think this is a much more effective feeding method generally speaking

Anyone ever tried mixing it with dutchmaster saturator this sprung to mind while reading through the tread

hazeynights

just hit mine up with snow storm ultra with saturator.
i've been using snow storm ultra for a couple years now, its always done me well. i like to mix in seaweed and fulvic acid when i spray also.

headimonster

great thread guys, love to see this expand a little bit deeper, all in due time...going to try runnin some triac nex run to compare....whens best times to run? on a 9-10wk flower? id assume right around the end of stretch, not completely end but winding down...day 17-22 on a 9 week maybe? and then throughout?

thanks

beboggled

I just got my Triaboost. Is 5 ml/liter OK do you think?

It says "Suitable for use with any plant liquid feed that makes 180-270 litres of liquid feed."

I'm thinking of diluting it into a 1 liter bottle with plain water.

Jonhx69

I just got my Triaboost. Is 5 ml/liter OK do you think?

It says "Suitable for use with any plant liquid feed that makes 180-270 litres of liquid feed."

I'm thinking of diluting it into a 1 liter bottle with plain water.

Hi, I also have Triaboost and I diluted the tube on 1 liter bottle, and I'm using 4ml./L.

4ml./L. for a total of 250L. of water, also using foliar sprays.

What I don't know is how much should I spraying the plants,and how many waterings with Triaboost.

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Great information :canabis:

I was wondering if I could get a little help or guidance on Triacontanol.
I purchased some 90% triacontanol and I am trying to follow the mixing instructions.
I am not sure if it is okay to mention the site to point out the pdf instructions.

If anyone is familiar with working with tria, I could use a little assistance in calculating how many ml of concentrated solution to use per gallon of water if I have made a concentration of 5000ppm in a 32oz - 946ml or if I had made a concentration of 5000ppm in a 128oz - 3785ml. To me it wouldnt matter, that they would be exactly the same but the instructions say to calculate how many ppm to ml. I am a little confused in this section of this pdf and if anyone is willing to help or knows where I can find this kind of information I would truly appreciate it. I did contact the site but I dont think they understand my question because I have not heard back.

Thanks and sorry if this would be the wrong thread to ask this question

BayBHuey

shaggyballs

Veteran
-

Attachments

• tria.jpg
    tria.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 59

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Hey Shaggy,
Yeah I took a look at the image and that is the site I am referring to except that portion I have figured out. My problem is on page 8 of their 19 page document in the section "How do I use a triacontanol concentration".

Yeah I really need like a math/chemist that can look at this cause I hate to say it they have a problem with the calculation in my opinion, just need someone to confirm it or set me straight.

I am going to look for your hormone page and see if I can put anything else together as I am really beating myself up over this. Thanks for taking time to look at what I am having problems with.

BayBHuey

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Great information :canabis:

I was wondering if I could get a little help or guidance on Triacontanol.
I purchased some 90% triacontanol and I am trying to follow the mixing instructions.
I am not sure if it is okay to mention the site to point out the pdf instructions.

If anyone is familiar with working with tria, I could use a little assistance in calculating how many ml of concentrated solution to use per gallon of water if I have made a concentration of 5000ppm in a 32oz - 946ml or if I had made a concentration of 5000ppm in a 128oz - 3785ml. To me it wouldnt matter, that they would be exactly the same but the instructions say to calculate how many ppm to ml. I am a little confused in this section of this pdf and if anyone is willing to help or knows where I can find this kind of information I would truly appreciate it. I did contact the site but I dont think they understand my question because I have not heard back.

Thanks and sorry if this would be the wrong thread to ask this question

BayBHuey

I've been looking at that pdf all day also trying to understand the procedure etc. for the tria I ordered. As far as your question their calculations look correct to me. It surely would matter in strength if you mixed the same amount of tria into 1 gal vs 1 qt. Maybe you are confused because the don't list qts(32oz), they only list liters and gallons. It takes 4.2gr tria to make 1000ppm in a gallon of water so to make 5000ppm it takes 21gr of tria and 1ml of this 5000ppm solution equals 1.32ppm when added to a gal of water. If you want just a quart of 5000ppm concentrate divide the 21gr by 4 so you use 5.25gr of tria in a qt of water. Either way qt or gallon of 5000ppm concentrate, 1ml of it into a gallon of water will give you 1.32ppm tria.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
If you use even a little bit too much Triacontanol during flowering... your buds will stretch and crown.... they wont stay as dense....yes your yield will increase...but the cosmetics of your nugs will take a hit....almost night and day different depending how much you add and when during flowering...

Use it during veg and a few weeks into flowering... leave it alone after that ..Ive been using TRIA for like 7 years now

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
If you use even a little bit too much Triacontanol during flowering... your buds will stretch and crown.... they wont stay as dense....yes your yield will increase...but the cosmetics of your nugs will take a hit....almost night and day different depending how much you add and when during flowering...

Use it during veg and a few weeks into flowering... leave it alone after that ..Ive been using TRIA for like 7 years now

Nice, care to expand on how you use it and what ppms. foliar or feed etc.

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
stoned40yrs, thanks for helping out :tiphat:

This morning I found the answer I think. If it is in the pdf then I just totally didnt get it.

To dilute a concentrated solution:

Formula I found is (C1)(V1) = (C2)(V2)
The dilution fomula is:
Concentration(stock) × Volume(stock) = Concentration(dilute) × Volume(dilute)

I then found a nutrient calculator and plugged in a few numbers to verify things were kosher. Searching for a dilution calculator may help others out as it did me, i'd post a link but I dont think it is permitted.

Thanks everyone for your help

BayBHuey

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Me again :wave:

I was wondering if anyone has tried dissolving triacontanol with acetone instead of polysorbate 20 and if so how did you do it?

I made an attempt today to mix 5.5g of tria in 50ml of boiling acetone. I am not sure if I did this correctly or boiled it long enough as the mix was cloudy and never went clear like it does with the polysorbate 20. I then did another small little test by adding a small amount of tria to 10 ml of boiling acetone (134f) for a while longer. The tria went completely clear. Does anyone know if I actually need the tria to appear clear in acetone to know it is completely dissolved? In both mixtures there was a white film that floats on top when it cools. I then mixed this with 896ml of r/o water.

Also, these patents I have been reading state that tria is much more effective when used with Calcium Chloride. Has anyone tried adding calcium chloride to their tria? If so how much did you add? I read somewhere that it is suggested to add 200-250ppm of calcium chloride for a foliar spray.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on this topic so any further knowledge or experience you can share would be much appreciated.

BayBHuey

mrrangz

Me again :wave:

I was wondering if anyone has tried dissolving triacontanol with acetone instead of polysorbate 20 and if so how did you do it?

I made an attempt today to mix 5.5g of tria in 50ml of boiling acetone. I am not sure if I did this correctly or boiled it long enough as the mix was cloudy and never went clear like it does with the polysorbate 20. I then did another small little test by adding a small amount of tria to 10 ml of boiling acetone (134f) for a while longer. The tria went completely clear. Does anyone know if I actually need the tria to appear clear in acetone to know it is completely dissolved? In both mixtures there was a white film that floats on top when it cools. I then mixed this with 896ml of r/o water.

Also, these patents I have been reading state that tria is much more effective when used with Calcium Chloride. Has anyone tried adding calcium chloride to their tria? If so how much did you add? I read somewhere that it is suggested to add 200-250ppm of calcium chloride for a foliar spray.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information on this topic so any further knowledge or experience you can share would be much appreciated.

BayBHuey

I have dissolved it in acetone and isopropyl 91%. it will dissolve even in water but when cooled down the wax will form back again.

I have used the cloudy acetone/iso mix with great results. But there is just something of a cloudy mix that gives u the idea that it wont work vs a clear mix (poly20).