What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super-Macro Reversed Lens - Trichome Shots

TeriYaki

Hi!
I want to introduce myself to the forum with my first thread!

Next to growing, photography is a great hobby of mine. I recently made some experiments concerning super macro photography.

these shots are done with a 135/2.5 prime lens with a reversed
24mm/2.8 prime lens mounted on top.
magnifiication factor with this combo is 5,625x

the reversed 24mm lens was set on f2.8, the 135mm lens set on f22. A flash diffusor for even lightning was used in 45° angle to the subject.

here some results:
from Ed Rosenthal Super Bud and Jack Herer plants:

watch in full resolution !

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers
Piotr

mudvaynefan

Really great shots, I just replaced one of my own pics with one of yours for my wallpaper.

Those last few shots show the different cell like structures that make up the plant matter, that shit is great.:thank you:

Cannanatic

great shots m8...love the super macro thing too....but i found another way to rome...i use extensions tubes...greeetz

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Welcome Teri, those are some great captures....makes me miss a macro expert that use to frequent this forum:DoobieDuck...we miss you brother.

TeriYaki

thanks for all your commenting !

@cannanatic
great shots m8...love the super macro thing too....but i found another way to rome...i use extensions tubes...greeetz

Yes, use of extensions in great, I did it for lot's years and love it too.
but this double reversed lens technique goes for me one step further.

A 100mm macro lens with about 100mm extension-tubs will get you about 2:1 mangnification.

The combo which I use reaches up to 5.6 : 1 magnification.
:dance013: that's quite some fun ...

Cheers
Teri