What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Here It Comes... GMO Cannabis!

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Pure Evil ? You decide.. More I read the madder I get.

Pure Evil ? You decide.. More I read the madder I get.

http://www.badseed.info/GMO-genetic..._the-evil-of-monsanto-and-gmos-explained.html

GMO Technology, Glyphosate Toxicity Leaving Men Sterile
October 1, 2012
Print Version
Source: Elizabeth Renter, Natural Society
What if the pesticides and herbicides being sprayed on your food was causing your sperm to die? What if GMO crops had the same effect? What would it mean for humanity if this “modern food marvel” (as Monsanto would like you to think) was actually making men infertile, and eventually wipe us out? Sounds pretty end-of-times-ish, but it’s happening right now. Well, studies indicate that factors like glyphosate toxicity and GMO technologies could be playing a significant role in the growing number of men who struggle with fertility.
Glyphosate Toxicity and GMO Technology
One study in particular found that glyphosate (an ingredient in Roundup), leaves a residue on crops and this residue is “actually toxic to testicle cells.” Also, the residue lowers testosterone synthesis—this means the glyphosate toxicity lowers the amount of the male sex hormone available for the body to use.
The negative effects from glyphosate toxicity vary, but some people have been known to develop breasts, have a variety of birth defects, and have been known to experience carcinogenic effects as well. The people are also becoming sterile over time. Given the rate of consumption, they will likely be completely sterile within a decade.
Another study, this one out of Russia, found that hamsters who consume GM soybeans have a slower sexual maturation process and in a few generations, they weren’t able to reproduce.
“We noticed quite a serious effect when we selected new pairs from their cubs and continued to feed them as before. These pairs’ growth rate was slower and reached their sexual maturity slowly.” By the third generation, the hamsters were infertile.
So, what effects are they having on men now, today in the United States and around the world? Plenty.
According to a study out of Denmark, sperm counts have dropped exponentially, from an average of well above 100 million sperm cells per milliliter in 1940 to an average of 60 million per ml now. Some research has found that close to 20 percent of young men have counts as low as 20 million per ml.
Genetically modified soybeans are getting harder and harder to escape, and because we don’t know which products contain genetically modified ingredients in the United States, our safest bet is to simply avoid anything with any soy or corn derivatives—and this is nearly everything in your supermarket that’s not found in the produce aisles.
We can’t be surprised at this research, but we can be angry. Though it sounds like something out of a science fiction/world-domination type movie—it’s real life. Companies like Monsanto are killing people off, by one way or another, and the U.S. government is allowing it to happen.
For now, if you want to stay healthy, cancer free, and fertile, your best bet is to start a garden, eat foods grown locally, and stay away from processed foods at all costs.
Additional Sources:
The Independent
http://www.blacklistednews.com/GMO_...ty_Leaving_Men_Sterile/21782/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Dysnomia

All I read from that last article is that a certain herbicide (Roundup) that contains a chemical Glyphosate (N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine) is bad. So ingesting herbicide is bad for you. This is not news.

This has got very little to do with genetic engineering itself. Just because some companies saw that one way to improve yields is to crank up a plants resistance to herbicide doesn't mean genetic modifying isn't safe.

Genetic engineering is just a breeding technique. A very accurate technique and a very complicated one at the same time and it definitely doesn't deserve the misguided hate it is receiving because of a multinational companys business model and messed up intellectual property laws.

Also it points out that sperm counts have lowered since the 40's and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the early GMOs start appearing in the mid 90's? The probability that this is caused by GMO products must be near 100% then...[/sarcasm]

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

purple_man

Veteran
high dizzlekush!

thx again for the posted articles and time spent on researching the topic, still why not try be more polite??? show some manners, since all or most of us around here are working or trying to towards the same aim right?

blessss
ps.: just for shites n giggles, can you show us some commercially availible produce which incorporates the facilitated bgl-1 expression. and not trying to scare you but some folks in europe are working towards complete thc synthesis of delta-9 via transgenic e.coli fermentation...

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
All I read from that last article is that a certain herbicide (Roundup) that contains a chemical Glyphosate (N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine) is bad. So ingesting herbicide is bad for you. This is not news.

This has got very little to do with genetic engineering itself. Just because some companies saw that one way to improve yields is to crank up a plants resistance to herbicide doesn't mean genetic modifying isn't safe.

Genetic engineering is just a breeding technique. A very accurate technique and a very complicated one at the same time and it definitely doesn't deserve the misguided hate it is receiving because of a multinational companys business model and messed up intellectual property laws.

Also it points out that sperm counts have lowered since the 40's and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the early GMOs start appearing in the mid 90's? The probability that this is caused by GMO products must be near 100% then...[/sarcasm]

Regards,

LOL I see you didn't read the link did you lol oh ignorance is bliss isn't it lol.. headband 707:dance013:

Dysnomia

Ignorance?
I read both of the links and all I saw was some hate towards business practices and politics, definitely no biology. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Have you taken any biology lessons recently? (say in the last 15-20 years?)
Do you at least know a little bit of how an eukaryotic organism functions? Why we have DNA and what it does, what are proteins and why are they produced and how they are produced?

That one link claims to explain GMO's and doesn't even touch the subject of biology. And that is precisely what happens when ignorant people go on a "moral" crusade on a topic they don't really grasp. Much like the anti-cannabis crowd. Very much like that actually.

Now I understand that Monsatos business practises are aimed towards generating $ and the intellectual property laws are draconian but you are missing the point I was trying to make. I dare to say that you don't even have plans to understand what I'm trying to say.

Regards,

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Okay well lets break down what your saying shall we LOL cause this is FUN!!!!!
First you say you know Monsantos right lol well did you know they have been around since the 1800?
Then your next statement that :Genetic engineering is just a breeding technique. A very accurate technique and a very complicated one at the same time and it definitely doesn't deserve the misguided hate it is receiving because of a multinational companys business model and messed up intellectual property laws.
WOW that's a mouth full isn't it and BULLSHIT!!!!
PURE BULLSHIT why is this bullshit
You have not read these links and you have not seen these animals taking the GMO crops they are DEFORMED!!! So why don't you go back and reread your so-called Monsanto's info again cause now you really are FULL OF SHIT!!
You think all these farmers and countries around the world are just flapping their gums for NO GOOD REASON? lol yeah okay bro keep dreamin..
I just got shit for posting Monsantos papers on these sites from the powers that be,so now you know what you can do right? Just a last footnote I always wonder when ppl defend such companies who the fuck they really are!!! headband 707

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It is a patent to own a technique a method. No one is producing GMO Cannabis or GMO Cannabis seeds, if you think so please list the variety and who is growing it where?
Just because you have a patent that covers dozens of different species, does not mean anyone has used it on Cannabis or even intends to.
I myself am against GMO Cannabis and all crops, I am a classic plant breeder who believes most breeding goals can be reached without GMO. I have no problems using GMO to understand the Cannabis genome better and then try and accomplish goals with classical breeding. But I have zero fear of a GMO Cannabis takeover.
Some people are so afraid of GMO or Montsanto that they do not want to see the truth, they just want to keep warning the world that the GMO Cannabis is a here or coming to get us...
I agree that GMO seeds in general are bad for farmers, farms, and the environment, but I am sticking to specially GMO Cannabis, it is not real, just an idea...

-SamS

Last edited:

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
No one is producing GMO Cannabis or GMO Cannabis seeds, if you think so please list the variety and who is growing it where?

And what about others GMO plants producin THC!?!?

there were rumors about that a while ago....

Dysnomia

Did someone mention fun? I'm all for fun... however internet arguments where one side's argument for everything is, and I quote:

...WOW that's a mouth full isn't it and BULLSHIT!!!!...
...PURE BULLSHIT why is this bullshit...
...now you really are FULL OF SHIT!!...

I like to play nice though...

First of all, I don't know where you got the idea that I support Monsato or their obviously "morally misguided" business practises but let me state that this is NOT my viewpoint.

Monsato is in it for the money. Unfortunately for us, they chose a pretty sad way of earning that money. They make genetically modified seeds that are resistant to a certain type of herbicide, which they themselves produce, allowing to use even more herbicide. Now it turns out that having more herbicide on the plants (levels that the plants can now tolerate) is bad for the organisms that consume said plants. Should it surprise you that more herbicide is bad for you and may result in cancer and/or various other ailments? Of course not.

This is not caused by genetic modification. This is caused by the herbicide(s).

Of course the farmers are mad. They are not allowed to keep the seed and have to keep buying it from Monsato due to intellectual property laws. If you were a farmer would you like being dependant on another entity for your seed? And of course some countries are mad at Monsato when they produce pesticide which has been linked with the disappearance of bees among other things. And they should be mad. We should all be mad when our environment is being harmed.
So no, I do not support Monsato.

But I do see genetic modification as a powerful tool. And you should not judge this tool by the way it is used by Monsato. This is the point I made in the last posts.

I hope the third time is the charm, but if you want to point out some more bullshit I'm spewing I'm all ears.

Regards,

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
It is a patent to own a technique a method. No one is producing GMO Cannabis or GMO Cannabis seeds, if you think so please list the variety and who is growing it where?
Just because you have a patent that covers dozens of different species, does not mean anyone has used it on Cannabis or even intends to.
I myself am against GMO Cannabis and all crops, I am a classic plant breeder who believes most breeding goals can be reached without GMO. I have no problems using GMO to understand the Cannabis genome better and then try and accomplish goals with classical breeding. But I have zero fear of a GMO Cannabis takeover.
Some people are so afraid of GMO or Montsanto that they do not want to see the truth, they just want to keep warning the world that the GMO Cannabis is a here or coming to get us...
I agree that GMO seeds in general are bad for farmers, farms, and the environment, but I am sticking to specially GMO Cannabis, it is not real, just an idea...

-SamS

If I cannot list this does this mean it's not happening lol? Why would Monsantos not work with this seed? Of all the seeds in the world why not this seed?
Did you know all the things that Monsantos was up so far with their Genetic engineering of crops?
Were you aware of all the things they have done to Wheat,Soy,Corn, I could go on and on here? If I can't find the info doesn't mean it's not out there ?.
I have no doubt in my mind that they are into cannabis seeds. I believe the Univercity of Mississipi has their hands in this pie.
Let me put it to you like this ...The mad scientists out there will not be able to keep their hands off of this seed. Would YOU? I know I would not.. headband 707:biggrin:

I'm wondering how many ppl knew this?
http://truth-out.org/news/item/1163...rs-and-organ-damage-in-rats-fed-monsanto-corn

Last edited:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Did someone mention fun? I'm all for fun... however internet arguments where one side's argument for everything is, and I quote:

I like to play nice though...

First of all, I don't know where you got the idea that I support Monsato or their obviously "morally misguided" business practises but let me state that this is NOT my viewpoint.

Monsato is in it for the money. Unfortunately for us, they chose a pretty sad way of earning that money. They make genetically modified seeds that are resistant to a certain type of herbicide, which they themselves produce, allowing to use even more herbicide. Now it turns out that having more herbicide on the plants (levels that the plants can now tolerate) is bad for the organisms that consume said plants. Should it surprise you that more herbicide is bad for you and may result in cancer and/or various other ailments? Of course not.

This is not caused by genetic modification. This is caused by the herbicide(s).

Of course the farmers are mad. They are not allowed to keep the seed and have to keep buying it from Monsato due to intellectual property laws. If you were a farmer would you like being dependant on another entity for your seed? And of course some countries are mad at Monsato when they produce pesticide which has been linked with the disappearance of bees among other things. And they should be mad. We should all be mad when our environment is being harmed.
So no, I do not support Monsato.

But I do see genetic modification as a powerful tool. And you should not judge this tool by the way it is used by Monsato. This is the point I made in the last posts.

I hope the third time is the charm, but if you want to point out some more bullshit I'm spewing I'm all ears.

Regards,

Your right genetic engineering is not the same as the herbicidal problems they have caused lol.. thanks for that.. Sure I won't judge the tool by the way Monsanto's has used it lol again thanks lol headband 707:woohoo:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Genetically modified medpot? lol...

Genetically modified medpot? lol...

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1322.html

Genetically modified medpot?
Pharmaceutical companies may seize control of Canada's medical marijuana supply. By Reverend Damuzi - Tuesday, February 29 2000
A source within the Ministry of Health, who wishes to remain anonymous, has provided documents and information to Cannabis Culture, describing how Canadian pot is to be grown for upcoming medical trials. The documents call for 185 kg (408 pounds) of pot to be grown in the first year, and double that amount for the second through fifth years.
The thirty-five page guideline document, with the weighty title, Draft Statement of Work for The Development of a Comprehensive Operation for the Cultivation and Fabrication of Marijuana in Canada, is still open to revisions. It includes proposals for how marijuana should be grown, processed and fabricated. Included in these guidelines is the potential to give a notorious pharmaceutical company exclusive rights for selling seeds to the budding medpot industry.
Mississippi schwag
According to the document, "the acquisition of seed will be performed by Health Canada during the project initiation stage. The prime contractor can choose to provide their own seed so long as it is from a licit source."
Which presents a problem. How many licit seed sources exist? In North America the only licit source is the University of Mississippi. Concerns about the effectiveness of notoriously schwaggy U of M bud prompted Dr Kilby of the Community Research Initiative of Toronto to state that he would prefer clinical marijuana come from another source (see CC#22). It would seem that Health Canada recognized these concerns when it began looking for private contractors to do the job.
Yet will the bud really be any different than that produced by the University of Mississippi? Cannabis Culture's anonymous source within the ministry gave us the scoop.
"Scheduled labs around the country which are already growing marijuana are using seeds from the University of Mississippi," reported the official. "The genetics come from Monsanto."
Health Canada spokesperson Jeff Pender knew of the recent guidelines document that had been released, but denied knowledge of where the seeds will come from.
"Where would a potential grower get the seeds from?," repeated Pender when I asked him this question. "I'm not really sure. I guess? I could find out for you. I imagine growers could order seeds from the US."
Pender eventually suggested that the National Institute on Drug Abuse, which also gets its cannabis from the University of Mississippi, might be a source for contracted growers looking to buy licit seeds. If the unnamed source at the Ministry of Health is correct, all of these seeds would originally have come from Monsanto.
Monsanto's marijuana
The US-based Monsanto corporation became infamous last year when the public discovered that the huge pharmaceutical company was responsible for producing Agent Orange during the Vietnam war, for producing and selling Roundup to be sprayed on South American villages, for experimenting with dangerous genetically modified foods, and ? most recently ? for creating the dreaded "terminator" seed.
Terminator seeds are genetically engineered to produce a plant that will not produce viable seed, meaning that growers would be forced to go back to Monsanto each year to buy more seed stock to replant. Governments and public alike became wary of the concept when it was discovered that the terminator seed could possibly cross the species barrier, possibly spreading infertility among the plant kingdom like a disease.
Cannabis seeds from Monsanto are almost definitely genetically engineered. Genetically engineered plants can be patented, and it is in Monsanto's best interest to hold a patent on any seed they sell. Seed patents ensure that companies like Monsanto can continue to profit from seeds from year to year, as farmers are legally bound to buy patented seeds from the patent holder rather than simply store them from the last year's crop.
Pharmaceutical schwag
Interestingly, low-potency pot of the kind produced by Monsanto seeds at the University of Mississippi is exactly the kind of product the Ministry of Health is asking for from contractors. The guidelines ask specifically for "standardized marijuana cigarettes with THC content of between 4% and 6% and weighing [about] 850 mg."
Which means the cigarettes to be used for clinical trials will be phatties containing over three-quarters of a gram of schwag bud each! These fat joints will deliver about twice the tar per dose as marijuana currently available from experienced growers, which reaches between 8-10% THC.
The Health Canada document seems concerned that smoking can cause harm, and promises to explore other methods soon after the initial trials are run. Yet the product they choose to use is guaranteed to maximize the risks and problems associated with smoking. Could it be that the Ministry of Health is creating its own excuse not to use smoking as a delivery method?
Our anonymous source within the ministry assures us that the government plans to eventually only allow the use of inhalers, similar to asthma inhalers.
"The inhaler gets rid of any small industry that might develop, by regulating the delivery system. The other idea that didn't go through was to develop a seed system that would allow cultivars from across Canada which would then be grandfathered. What this means is that once the cultivated varieties were tested they would be introduced just the same as if they had been genetically modified."
Patented seeds and dose delivery methods could mean complete pharmaceutical control of medicinal cannabis sometime in the near future.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
This is a more then 12 year old article, so where is the GMO Cannabis they dreamed about? If you think it shows GMO Cannabis exists, I say fine, what variety, grown by whom, where?
GMO Cannabis is not grown anywhere, unless I really missed it.
Maybe as a tiny test to show it could be done, but no GMO varieties are grown anywhere in the world. They are not made or sold by anyone anywhere.

-SamS

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1322.html

Genetically modified medpot?
Pharmaceutical companies may seize control of Canada's medical marijuana supply. By Reverend Damuzi - Tuesday, February 29 2000
A source within the Ministry of Health, who wishes to remain anonymous, has provided documents and information to Cannabis Culture, describing how Canadian pot is to be grown for upcoming medical trials. The documents call for 185 kg (408 pounds) of pot to be grown in the first year, and double that amount for the second through fifth years.
The thirty-five page guideline document, with the weighty title, Draft Statement of Work for The Development of a Comprehensive Operation for the Cultivation and Fabrication of Marijuana in Canada, is still open to revisions. It includes proposals for how marijuana should be grown, processed and fabricated. Included in these guidelines is the potential to give a notorious pharmaceutical company exclusive rights for selling seeds to the budding medpot industry.
Mississippi schwag
According to the document, "the acquisition of seed will be performed by Health Canada during the project initiation stage. The prime contractor can choose to provide their own seed so long as it is from a licit source."
Which presents a problem. How many licit seed sources exist? In North America the only licit source is the University of Mississippi. Concerns about the effectiveness of notoriously schwaggy U of M bud prompted Dr Kilby of the Community Research Initiative of Toronto to state that he would prefer clinical marijuana come from another source (see CC#22). It would seem that Health Canada recognized these concerns when it began looking for private contractors to do the job.
Yet will the bud really be any different than that produced by the University of Mississippi? Cannabis Culture's anonymous source within the ministry gave us the scoop.
"Scheduled labs around the country which are already growing marijuana are using seeds from the University of Mississippi," reported the official. "The genetics come from Monsanto."
Health Canada spokesperson Jeff Pender knew of the recent guidelines document that had been released, but denied knowledge of where the seeds will come from.
"Where would a potential grower get the seeds from?," repeated Pender when I asked him this question. "I'm not really sure. I guess? I could find out for you. I imagine growers could order seeds from the US."
Pender eventually suggested that the National Institute on Drug Abuse, which also gets its cannabis from the University of Mississippi, might be a source for contracted growers looking to buy licit seeds. If the unnamed source at the Ministry of Health is correct, all of these seeds would originally have come from Monsanto.
Monsanto's marijuana
The US-based Monsanto corporation became infamous last year when the public discovered that the huge pharmaceutical company was responsible for producing Agent Orange during the Vietnam war, for producing and selling Roundup to be sprayed on South American villages, for experimenting with dangerous genetically modified foods, and ? most recently ? for creating the dreaded "terminator" seed.
Terminator seeds are genetically engineered to produce a plant that will not produce viable seed, meaning that growers would be forced to go back to Monsanto each year to buy more seed stock to replant. Governments and public alike became wary of the concept when it was discovered that the terminator seed could possibly cross the species barrier, possibly spreading infertility among the plant kingdom like a disease.
Cannabis seeds from Monsanto are almost definitely genetically engineered. Genetically engineered plants can be patented, and it is in Monsanto's best interest to hold a patent on any seed they sell. Seed patents ensure that companies like Monsanto can continue to profit from seeds from year to year, as farmers are legally bound to buy patented seeds from the patent holder rather than simply store them from the last year's crop.
Pharmaceutical schwag
Interestingly, low-potency pot of the kind produced by Monsanto seeds at the University of Mississippi is exactly the kind of product the Ministry of Health is asking for from contractors. The guidelines ask specifically for "standardized marijuana cigarettes with THC content of between 4% and 6% and weighing [about] 850 mg."
Which means the cigarettes to be used for clinical trials will be phatties containing over three-quarters of a gram of schwag bud each! These fat joints will deliver about twice the tar per dose as marijuana currently available from experienced growers, which reaches between 8-10% THC.
The Health Canada document seems concerned that smoking can cause harm, and promises to explore other methods soon after the initial trials are run. Yet the product they choose to use is guaranteed to maximize the risks and problems associated with smoking. Could it be that the Ministry of Health is creating its own excuse not to use smoking as a delivery method?
Our anonymous source within the ministry assures us that the government plans to eventually only allow the use of inhalers, similar to asthma inhalers.
"The inhaler gets rid of any small industry that might develop, by regulating the delivery system. The other idea that didn't go through was to develop a seed system that would allow cultivars from across Canada which would then be grandfathered. What this means is that once the cultivated varieties were tested they would be introduced just the same as if they had been genetically modified."
Patented seeds and dose delivery methods could mean complete pharmaceutical control of medicinal cannabis sometime in the near future.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
This is a more then 12 year old article, so where is the GMO Cannabis they dreamed about? If you think it shows GMO Cannabis exists, I say fine, what variety, grown by whom, where?
GMO Cannabis is not grown anywhere, unless I really missed it.
Maybe as a tiny test to show it could be done, but no GMO varieties are grown anywhere in the world. They are not made or sold by anyone anywhere.

-SamS

United States Government Owns Marijuana Patent #6630507; Hypocrisy!
November 10, 201011 CommentsUncategorized Dr Sean Breen, Governor Jesse Ventura, Medical Marijuana, Medical Marijuana Law, Patent #6630507

http://ukcia.org/wordpress/?p=697

http://www.cmanet.org/files/pdf/news/cma-cannabis-tac-white-paper-101411.pdf

Now I wonder what these guys are up to?? Hummmm

mr.brunch

Veteran
what is it they say?
"just when you think the trick is happening, its already been done"

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Biofarm to Integrate Vaccine,Pharmaceuticals into GMO Biopharmaceutical Crops

Biofarm to Integrate Vaccine,Pharmaceuticals into GMO Biopharmaceutical Crops

http://www.blacklistednews.com/‘Bio...opharmaceutical’_Crops/21900/0/38/38/Y/M.html

‘Biofarms’ to Integrate Vaccines, Pharmaceuticals into GMO ‘Biopharmaceutical’ Crops
October 8, 2012
Print Version
Source: Anthony Gucciardi, NaturalSociety
The truth really is much stranger than fiction, especially when it comes to the open and admitted future plans of major biotechnology companies. One such case involves a biotech company known as ProdiGene, the officials from which actually faced jail time back in 2002 for contaminating the traditional food supply with ‘biopharmaceutical’ crops that were growing pharmaceuticals and vaccine components associated with AIDS, diabetes, and diarrhea.
Contaminating 500,000 bushels of soy with their biopharmaceutical corn that contained pharmaceutical and vaccine components associated with deadly diseases, the company was slapped with a minor $500,000 fine by the USDA (the same government organization that gives Monsanto’s crops special speed approval and ignores the company’s blatant disregard for its regulations). As it turns out, the pharmaceutical crops were actually mixed in with traditional crops and unknowing farmers had already been planted for human consumption. The USDA claims, however, that the crops were confiscated.
After receiving the fine and some press coverage on the subject, ProdiGene decided not to apologize but to expand their mission. The company, in combination with estimates by Dow AgroSciences, stated that they sought to reach $200 billion in biopharmaceutical crops within 10 years (as of 2004). Furthermore, they estimated that 10% of the corn in the United States will be biopharmaceutical in nature.
In other words, it could contain hidden nano-scale vaccinations, antibiotics, anti-depressants, or any form of pharmaceutical drug. One California based company has even created a spermicidal corn to be used as a mass contraceptive. In an AlterNet piece covering the issue entitled ‘Spermicidal Breakfast Cereal’, author Carmelo Ruiz-Marrero asks:
What would happen if contraceptive corn or antibiotic wheat accidentally made it to the supermarket? Nobody knows, but that isn’t stopping agribusiness from pursuing these crops.
Vaccines, Drugs, Sterilizations to be Fused into Nation’s Dinner?
The existence of such technology brings the fight against GMOs to an entirely new level. Outside of the known effects such as recent links to tumors, DNA damage, and other complications, GMO crops on your dinner table could soon contain pharmaceutical drugs like statins in an effort of ‘mass medicating’ the public. Such an effort would likely be used in conjunction with others to fight against those who choose to opt out of vaccinations, delivering the vaccine through the food supply.
It may sound absurd, and it is, but is not a new notion. Researchers previously designed a method in which mosquitoes could be ‘flying vaccine carriers’ to inject large numbers of individuals with vaccinations without their knowledge of consent. As one spokesman for a major ecology organization explained:
“One single mistake from a biotechnology company and we’ll be having someone else’s prescription medicine for breakfast in our cereal,” explained Larry Bohlen from Friends of the Earth, an international ecology organization.
The information ties in with the recent news revealing that Monsanto now owns a monumental ‘gene silencing’ technology for pharmaceutical use in humans. The king biotechnology company even forged a recent alliance with Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to get the initiative started. After all, Monsanto would not lose an opportunity to conquer a large portion of the massive $200 billion biopharmaceutical crop market.
Other corporations are looking to get a chunk too, with the molecularfarming.com website acting a hub for farmers willing to lease their land for biopharmaceutical experiments across the globe. Touting a net worth of $80 billion in the coming years, investors are continually looking to get their hands on biopharmaceutical growing operations to churn out drug-containing GMO crops for mass consumption — and mass profits. So far, they’ve garnered contracts as far as Zimbabwe to continue their operations.
Just like regular GMOs, DDT, and cigarettes, experts are concerned that the real effects of biopharmaceutical growth may not be recognized until decades later.
“What will have to happen before the Department of Agriculture takes seriously the fact that millions of people almost ended up consuming experimental drugs and chemicals?” asks Brandon Keim, of the Council for Responsible Genetics in reference to the ProdiGene scandal. “A few sensational deaths? Maybe an increase in debilitating disorders which will only be noticeable some decades later, when it’s already too late?”
If the public grows more aware of GMO dangers with the grassroots support and potential passing of Prop 37, however, biopharmaceutical farms may never see mainstream success.
You might like:

FEMA Ordered to Prepare For 'Mass Fatality Planning' in Bill Introduced Into Congress

U.S.A. Privatizes National Forests

sprinkl

Veteran
Holy fuck.
I have this future vision where I'm growing my own crops of food on small scale. I guess I better start stocking up on seeds soon, and freeze them for later.

It's about time we make a list and some estimates what the big industries(and the money/people behind it) have done in damage to mankind.
-investing in oil instead of renewable resources already at hand
-gun manufacturing, and pushing them all over the world
-nuclear energy, building crappy plants and trading uranium with any country
-pharmaceuticals, probably only knowing half of it
-wall street's effect on economies
etc..
I'm pretty damn sure near every problem the world has today is backtraceable to a few people that just wanted to get more power into their greedy hands. Not that all those effects were on purpose but all are direct results of choosing insta-money/power options instead of anything near durable that may have yielded less in the short term.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah this is pretty shocking stuff when you start to read it all and you have to wonder "WHO" told them they could do all of this? Where are all the so-called regualations that are supposed to be in place? Again how does it get this far without it being checked or stopped? WHO is doing this? imvho this in pure insanity and scary headband 707

Latest posts

Latest posts