What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SSH F2 (the freebie growers thread)

hello to all fellow growers :wave:
iam a med user for the past 10 years now and was just wondering how to go about getting my hands on this lovely lady???
do i need to make a purchase from gypsy or what?
ANY info that you folks can provide would be a big help to me!

thanks, and grow on my friends :joint:
S2L :canabis:

Work2much

hello to all fellow growers :wave:
iam a med user for the past 10 years now and was just wondering how to go about getting my hands on this lovely lady???
do i need to make a purchase from gypsy or what?
ANY info that you folks can provide would be a big help to me!

thanks, and grow on my friends :joint:
S2L :canabis:

Order from seedbay and request them as your freebies.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just got a 5 pack of SSH F2's....kind of funny, in fact. I am a bit leery of these seeds, although feeling kinda lucky to have them, I tend to shy away from sativa dominant strains as it is not very conducive to my medical needs. I use cannabis to alleviate stress...mostly because of nerve damage, and stress is a major "trigger" factor for pain. I find that STRONG sativa genetics tend to cause a stress response in myself, and therefore pain surely follows...

I requested nothing sativa dominant as a freebie...however, I suppose I should be feeling very lucky, as many are seeking and looking forward to these seeds. I'm not ungrateful, just hesitant to pop these seeds for fear of NOT enjoying the end product...go figure that one if you can...lol.

I will be following this thread and the posts to see what everyone is coming up with...I do suppose it is possible that I could find the early pheno, 9-9.5 weeks, that is more NL, or Skunk dominant....with a spicy, peppery haze taste...although, I am not sure that is the one everyone hunts for with these seeds. I would hate to disregard an excellent plant, simply because it is not really along the lines of what I look for.

I think though, these seeds will be finding there way to the save for a rainy day collection...and perhaps when an odd mood strikes me, they'll find their way into some soil. Hmmm...

dank.Frank

thamks to all who responded and pointed me in right direction!!
but where is the " freebie" section? been looking all the hell over?

thanks again:yes:
S2L

G

I am going to join in as i have some sshf2 from Capricorn who ever that is . and post my grow as its all ssh f2 seeds . i have 2 seedlings now in veg. and will update along the way.

G

well these are the 4 sshf2. i will veg them for 6 months because i will be tearing down my entire flower room. as i will up the veg watt from 250 watt to a 400 and leave it vegging for 6 moths .so i can do the construction. when i build the new flower room they will be monsters . and i will keep you updated as i get the flower room finished.

i also have 4 c99.
picture.php

sshf2

picture.php

luciano28

Hey Doc,

Thanks for the Freebies man. I popped 3 and they all come out the Rapid Rooter fast, just put them in some Pro-Mix last night. If one of those 3 are a female, I will be stoked man. Probably will run cuts inside and take the mom(s) outdoors depending on how many females I get out of the 3. I dont think I have enough height in my room to run a SSH seedplant, lol.

What does #6 mean Doc? Is that a pheno # or something? What can you expect if your pack said "SSh F2 #6"?

Anyway I appreciate the generosity from Fritillary and I'll throw some photos up in here in a couple weeks when they are somewhat worth looking at :D

H

Hazeseeker

yep great freebies luciano:canabis::yes:,
i've got a few of these in the fridge i'm gonna start soon,
was gutted the 1 i started turned out male,
it's my own fault tho as i should of started more than 1

Hi Dan, 6 months veg:headbange, can't wait to see that bro, gonna be some huge plants,
what size containers you gonna have to put them in for that length of time?,
i vegged the Uk Cheese for over 12 weeks which the root system completely filled a 35 litre container by that time,
gonna be a huge yeild with 6 months veg:joint:

peace

G

Hazeseeker yea i have 5-10 gallon pots. if i can get the house repairs done sooner i should have clones from the plants and gotten rid of the males.

i have the super silver hazef2 from Capricorn . and this is the only grow/smoke report i could find.

Capricorn
The parents are from Green House. Composed of the most commercial strains known to the civilized world - Skunk, Northern Light + Haze. Royally bred from 3 precious High Times Cup winners. Overpowering combination of Indica & Sativa highs. It leaves you gasping for reality. Note: This complex hybrid is the cutting edge in practical Haze hybrids designed to astound both the grower and smoker alike. Double Cannabis Cup Winner in '98 and '99 and Hydro winner in '97.

Grower Report - straight.to.my.bueno on April 6, 2005, 1:07 am

got a bunch of assorted seeds from different breeders for this grow. I only started 2 super silver haze seeds from capricorn. both germed within 48 hours, and i put them in 16 oz styrofoam cups with promix potting soil and perlite. one of them grew somewhat slowly, while the other one grew very vigorously with large indica looking leaves. when they were about 7 inches tall i transplanted them to 3 gallon pots with promix, perlite, bone and blood meal. the slower plant was a male which was chopped.

the fast grower turned out to be female. i topped it and placed it outside in a very large pot, probably about 8 gallons of soil. as the plant grew, it looked more and more like a sativa. it began flowering in late august, at which point it was about 3 feet tall and very branchy. it was outside till about october 20th, where i finished it inside under 400 watts of hps. it flowered till late november. i chopped it with about 5% amber trichs, mostly white and clear, i tihnk it could have gone longer.

harvested about 3.5 ounces of dry bud off this 5 foot plant. buds were long and airy with fat calyxes and lots of shiny trichs. the smoke was smooth and had a sweet classic haze taste. very strong weed. you feel the buzz instantly. its a very heady high, not much couchlock at all. i think it would have been a 10 in potency if i let it go a little longer. would definitely recommend this strain to a somewhat experienced grower. would absolutely reccommend it for outdoor if you have the climate to accomodate it

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool all :D

What does #6 mean Doc? Is that a pheno # or something? What can you expect if your pack said "SSh F2 #6"? :D

These SSH F2 came to us in baggies (and flowers) labeled from #1 - #9.
Yeah. the number represented different specimens / mother plants grown, we guess :yes: Couldn't tell you which one was which though,, other than the #1's which had the words (spag) in brackets on the bag... that must have been the tiny/crippled plant they didnt like much.. lol

These photos are from the SSH F2 #6's ,,,, (we think):

picture.php

taken at 50 - 60 days approx.

picture.php

Best way to find out is to sow em n grow em...

and have fun :canabis:

luciano28

Cheers Doc, thanks for the info!

So #1 was the worst weed huh? How was the smoke of #6? Did you smoke any of the flowers of the plants in the photos above, how were they?

Six looks nice, looks like she got a bit to go at 50-60 days. But she definitely got the haze style flowers. And that's what I want, it should be worth the wait I think.

Muchos gracias my man, Im excited to grow these beans and I will definitely have fun. Im gonna spread some cuts around too to some of my friends, I think thats the best way to give the freebies away like Gypsy asks, I give the beans away and no one ever finishes them, I know they will use a bomb ass SSH cut, lol.

Hazeseeker: Hey I sent you some rep saying this but figured Id post it here too. Well anyway, I did the exact same thing the last time I tried a freebie in my grow room, I started 1 bean of Sam's Original Haze X Skunk #1 last fall and it was a beauty of a plant, didnt stretch much at all despite having those super thin hazy leaves but alas, it was a stud, not this time my friend, I started 3 beans, hehe. Id really be gutted if all 3 were dudes, but I doubt it.

I really enjoyed your NH grow in the MRN forum and theherbalizor's and OJD's smoke reports on it, top notch info pal.

I figure in a week-10 days when I move them from beer cups to 1 gal pots I'll take some photos and post em up in here.

Thanks again Doc and Fritillary

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the SSH we've ever smoked toked ok,,, some flowers were denser, some smellier, some longer in structure and in flowering than others,, but overall it all smokes like a nice Thai plant crossed with a skunk/afghan IMO :D

Full props to Shantibaba and Franco :canabis:

Latest posts

Latest posts