What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Grow Lighting Myths and FAQs with Dr. Bruce Bugbee

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have struggled a bit with understanding lighting. I found this clip recently that I thought was excellent from the University of Utah.

Explains PAR, PPFD, Daily Light Integral DLI. Also how to measure the efficiency of a light. Goes through Light spectrum, red far red, UV etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID9rE5JewVg

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
REMEMBER!! (please)
-
-
-
-
His experiments are formed from goals related to growing hemp for industrial purposes, which are *not* for premium smokable flower production. It's the realm where super sub-par, leafy and fluffy flowers are normal. :tiphat:

Horselover Fat

Veteran
REMEMBER!! (please)
-
-
-
-
His experiments are formed from goals related to growing hemp for industrial purposes, which are *not* for premium smokable flower production. It's the realm where super sub-par, leafy and fluffy flowers are normal. :tiphat:

I think they are quite interested in CBD production, but please do share if you know of more relevant research. Besides, this doesn't look that bad to me
IMG_2465-1024x613.jpg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Douglas.Curtis., I would be interested in what you think be says that can't be applied to high thc cannabis.

I learned a lot about lighting in general and got some information that I can directly apply to my growing.

Thanks for the other video Horselover Fat. I have been meaning to come back and comment on them both. Will do that another day when I have more time.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts