What's new

lighting up a 4x3.5ft tent

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
here is my dilemma... last spring i ran '3' vipar 300w led in my 4x3.5ft tent . i added an 8bulb 4ft fluor when we started to flower- as the weather turned warmer and since i didnt vent , other then having the sides open, the plants cooked...

now as we turn into winter, i started another '4' plants under the 8bulb 4ft fluor, and venting somewhat with a fan- the temps hover around 70.. as i will go to flower in a couple of weeks i am looking at the following choices-

using a 600w hps in a glass tube with a fan to vent.. or
try these '3' vipar 300w led again (didnt think they were powerful enough), and add the 8bulb fluor as supp. side lighting.. or ??? any ideas.

as to cost, i don't mind spending $500+ , but not interested in spending $1000 plus for these cobb led's etc...

thanks

I would use either of the following:

1. 600w hps, open-ended with a horizontal bulb in a shade to spread the light such as an adjust-a-shade. Vent the tent itself with a 6 inch fan in the top hole of the tent. Also have a small fan blowing over the tops of the plants.

2. Two smaller 315w CMH lights with shades hung side by side. Vent the tent as above. Less stretch with this combination and frostier buds.

Anything less than this amount of light would be inadequate for that space.

Cheers :)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I would use either of the following:
Two smaller 315w CMH lights with shades hung side by side. Vent the tent as above. Less stretch with this combination and frostier buds.
Anything less than this amount of light would be inadequate for that space.
Cheers :)

thanks for reply... actually this is what i am looking at... how do u vent the hot air- i have a 4'' fan .. will this work ??? i dont think this fixture is enclosed as are the hid with the glass - thanks

thanks for reply... actually this is what i am looking at... how do u vent the hot air- i have a 4'' fan .. will this work ??? i dont think this fixture is enclosed as are the hid with the glass - thanks
I vent a similar sized box with a cheap 6 inch plastic desk fan with the foot removed. I have one on the inlet down the bottom, and one on the outlet with two speeds on each fan. This covers summer and winter, I crank both up in summer, and only have the top one on low setting in winter.

Latest posts

Latest posts