What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Come one come all first grow starting coco

Started developing these spots on a single plant anyone have ideas what it might be? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-25-07-16-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-25-07-16-50.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 7

CHEFfy

Really hard to tell from just a single leaf, but I'm guessing calcium deficiency related. Often pops up in coco. Might try an epsom foliar feed as it won't likely contribute to the problem and would give a pretty good quick fix if it is in fact the problem. But I second the above post... try the infirmary. They will ask all manner of questions so Ben sure to include all details about environment, equipment and nutrition that you can possibly think of.

Thank you guys I posted in the infirmary couple days ago but no one said anything back maybe I didn't put enough info. But yea it hasn't seemed to spread across the plan so thought i would see if anyone of you guys might have some tips i just noticed it on one of them and only a couple leaves.thanks for the tips though I'll look into foliar feeding it to see if it helps. I also thought it looked like a k deficiency but wanted other opinions not the best judge on sick plants still seems to be growing fine I am hitting them all with ec of 1.4 for 1 min every 3 hours so idk about it being hungry but maybe I should feed heavier and get more run off on that one for a few days see the difference. Again thank you guys for the tips

maimunji

What size pots and what size plants? Post your plants picture. Make epsom salt part of your feeding schedule.

1 gal smartpots not sure the size of the plant they are sour crack and I have been LST here are a few pics that are more recent. And I do use epsom 1g per gal in my mix.

Here is the pics

Attachments

• 20170926_221232.jpg
    20170926_221232.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170925_194324.jpg
    20170925_194324.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170925_194328.jpg
    20170925_194328.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 7

CHEFfy

I don't know if you already posted, but what kind of light/fixture are you using? Almost looks like a hot spot type problem...

I am using and apollo light fixture and a eye hortilux mh bulb will switch to hps for flower. I have rotated the plants. I'll be getting a nice raptor hood this week so I won't have to worry about the hot spots also I realized I didn't check how high my lights were from the tops since I had been training them. So they were kind of close for that kinda power so you might be right plus it didn't spread to any other leaves that I have seen. So that may have been some of my issue. Here are some pics from today.

Attachments

• 20170927_193406.jpg
    20170927_193406.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170927_193401.jpg
    20170927_193401.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170927_193356.jpg
    20170927_193356.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170927_193348.jpg
    20170927_193348.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG 20150629 WA0000 2
    IMG 20150629 WA0000 2
    16.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170927_193410.jpg
    20170927_193410.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170927_193430.jpg
    20170927_193430.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 7

CHEFfy

I would disregard the above recommendations other than to keep an eye on your drippers flows. Drip clean or z-7 enzyme both do a good job keeping your drippers flowing.

Thought of hempy's but decided to go with smartpots have a friend who ran some outdoors worked out nicely. Excess water like in the coco or sitting water in the flood table? I run a 70/30 coco perlite mix it definitely don't hold to much water I'm also hitting them every 3 hrs and add h2o2 to my mix so not to worried about bugs they get plenty of water flow and the h2o2 kills bacteria. Either way thanks for the tips. And chefy haha it's all good I appreciate the advice even if I don't always use it. Some things might work for some people and not so well for others I have ran to a t same routine a friend of mine does he helped me get started and things still differ between our grows. Thanks for watchin out though. I definitely check my flow often though every day in fact I make sure they are all flowing and all getting runoff the drip clean or e7 do you just add that to your nute mix and does it effect your ec or ph?

CHEFfy

Doesn't have an effect in my setup, definitely not as far as EC is concerned and minimal to no discernible difference in PH. I am using V&B though and it seems to have magical buffering power. I rarely use PH products and I get a great ph drift starting at about 5.7 and working up to 6.1 over 4ish days. Really liking z-7 so far, just started using about a month ago. Very cheap and seems to at least do the work of drip clean and may possibly improve the root zone. Read up on the stuff and consider omitting the hydrogen peroxide from your regiment and fostering good bacteria etc... through teas, miccorhizal products. Just my .02, like you said... we all have our own tweaks and that's what makes it so fun!

What you mean when you say you're using v&b what is that? But I will definitely read up on it. Got any recommendations on the good bacteria what kind of teas or products would I wanna look into got a kind you run or recommend? I love hearing different advice I wanna keep growing and expand from here so eventually I wouldn't mind trying any little tricks people have just gotta figure out what to try differently first.

CHEFfy

V&b is a one part powdered nutrient from hydroponic research. Best and easiest nutrient I've run, and I've tried quite a few. I still use heavy 16 for veg, as I find it better in that capacity but for bloom, V&b for sure. I really like og biowar for a nice weekly addition to keep the good bacteria/micorhizals hsppy.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The picture with the issue looks to me like early damage from a pH swing in the medium. This can be caused by a dry period or unstable nutrient pH, among other things.

Potassium looks similar to nutrient burn but effects all serrated leaf edges rather than just the tip.

Lmao.

Other wise everything looks good.

Latest posts

Latest posts