What's new

Inside-Outside Photoperiod Adjustment. Opinions wanted.

moonburn

Hello ICMaggers. I am seeking opinions from those of you who have experience in dialing in the indoor-outdoor transition and dealing with light supplementation. My collective obtained some beautifull 3 ft tall branchy blue dream girls in one gal. pots from a local greenhouse grower for our outdoor grow. The girls were recieving supplemental lighting extending their days to 20 hours. In my area daylight hours from sunrise to sunset are 14.5 hours currently, going up to 14.75 hours on the 20th of june. We currently have them in an uncovered greenhouse frame and plan on an intermediate step of transplanting them from their current one gal. containers to 3 gal containers for a few weeks before putting them in 200 gal smart pots. I am worried about the plants flipping to flower mode from the drastic drop in daylight hours and am thinking of giving them some supplemental light, either extended days or night time interruption in order to keep them happily vegging through this first transplant stage. Then the hope would be to to discontinue supplement lighting when they go in the 200 gal pots in mid june wothout having them flip over. Does this sound like a safe plan? Any recommendations on initial light supplementation schedule and transitioning them to natural dayling hours? Thanks for your time,

-D