What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help asap! How to kill my hermie/male in a big system with roots linked..

When i checked into my tent today, i saw the horrible thing! I have a (Very vigorous) male in my Grow-op! :peacock:

i have a system like this
PROD518_GHE%20AeroFlo%2028%20macetas%20-%20180x67x44cmLRG.jpg

where the roots, of course just twine into eachother in a mayhem...

There won't be pollen for a few days, so i figured out i should ask you guys what to do!

1. Just pull it upp whole, and endanger roots of 4 other plants.

2. Cut it of... But here we have a problem, should i cut it off, and collect the roots?

(Btw, i put 2 good pumps with 2 stones each in the reservoir, and made it a aero/dwc thingy)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You'll have to be meticulous and pinch out any growing male flowers. There isn't a way to remove the plant without damaging roots and leaving rotting root bits in your system.

Best of luck!

I was thinking about cutting it down, and just "manage it" throughout the cycle, would the roots rot if i cut it down and let it grow?

The more i look on this, it's def, not a hermie... It's a straight male i think... No signs of preflows what so ever... Gonna take cuttlings of this one, bloom in a little (Separate) place and see what it is ... If it's a straight male it's some serious seed-material... Exploding with sacks, fat as a big tummy and almost 1 metre in 34 days...Might be one of those suspicous gsc seeds i got from a friend.. Gonna take photos tomorrow. .

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yep, roots will rot and drop the pH like a rock. With enough roots rotting, you'll kill everything off with pH up.

Keep it clipped down to a minimum. You'll have fewer pollen sacks to clip off.