What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CMH - 945 watt DE Digilamp 2060 PAR?

Raho

Veteran
we've all done that before (at least I have) ;-)

This is in a Nanolux DE 1k fixture right?
How do you like the coverage area/intensity?
Curious how the 3 ceramic "bubbles" in a single tube do intensity wise compared to a 1k DE HPS.
Have you tried to run it past 1000 watts yet?

I love the idea of CMH and the 315's seem ideal for 8 foot ceilings, but for spaces that could run DE HPS, the initial cost of fixtures and bulbs for lighting a space with 315s is 1.6x the cost of DE HPS (Nanolux 315 with bulb for ~$315 vs Nanolux DE Commercial for ~$350) 3x3 feet vs 5x5 feet coverage per unit.

If we could get all the benefit of the better spectrum with Gavita 5x5 footprint and intensity at a decent price, it would be an amazing combo.

MJINC

Do these work on a Gavita 1000W pro e? I know it invalidates the warranty but wouldn't mind trying them for the veg cycle. Also have a few cheaper DE ballasts I wouldn't mind testing them on but getting the bulb where I live is a huge mission and I would prefer to order a bunch at once.

gmanwho

Veteran
we've all done that before (at least I have) ;-)

This is in a Nanolux DE 1k fixture right?
How do you like the coverage area/intensity?
Curious how the 3 ceramic "bubbles" in a single tube do intensity wise compared to a 1k DE HPS.
Have you tried to run it past 1000 watts yet?

I love the idea of CMH and the 315's seem ideal for 8 foot ceilings, but for spaces that could run DE HPS, the initial cost of fixtures and bulbs for lighting a space with 315s is 1.6x the cost of DE HPS (Nanolux 315 with bulb for ~$315 vs Nanolux DE Commercial for ~$350) 3x3 feet vs 5x5 feet coverage per unit.

If we could get all the benefit of the better spectrum with Gavita 5x5 footprint and intensity at a decent price, it would be an amazing combo.

so far in the nanolux de's i have they only run the growerschoice 945cmh in the 3rd gen ballasts. or atleast they are the 3rd gen that i have. the usb is horizontal above the dim dial.

ive only ran it up to 1000 once when i was testing. i dont remember the numbers, but i think i put them down somewhere here, maybe the 315 thread? or my ppk thread?

since i have some older nanolux de's, an if these bulbs seem worthy, i was looking at trying out a few " max yield " mfg setups. i cant remember the name atm, somnething like max yield, i saw a side my side on the gavita vs "max yield" an they wher damn close but the max yield was like $180 cheaper per unit, but then u had to buy the 945 cmh.

ideally would be nice to buy ballast/reflector without the bulb, then buy an drop in the 945cmh.

the air cooled de's ballast/reflector combo seem to be an option too. delta9 in his new rooms over in one of the ppk threads is using them with success, minus the 945cmh atm. but i think he said he was gonna get a bulb an try one out..

if these new bulbs prove to perform well over time it could be an improvement over the hps bulbs for sure. . time will tell

A guy

I'm very interested to read about your experiences with this bulb/ballast combo. I recently emailed SunSpectra about their 1000w low frequency square wave ballast to see if they had any knowledge of the applicability with the 945w bulb. Here's the Q&A...

Question:

I'm in the market for a 945w DE CMH light and your 1000w LFSW ballast seems to be the only one on the market at this time that serves that bulb. Unfortunately I cannot find any grower input or experience with your ballast and that bulb combination. Can you point me toward anyone who has experience growing with this combo?

Answer:

Sorry Micah, as far as I know the 945 lamp is still trial and error due to the connection of he 3 Ceramic filaments being unstable. So no, I apologize I do not.

digging

More exciting news on the 945 CMH bulbs !!!!!!

Check this out …

Sorry I can't get the link to work. This new bulb is a 945 watt CMH with a screw in socket just like normal HPS bulbs.

If this can be hung vertically, this is really exciting stuff for vertical growers :)

Attachments

• IMG_2124.JPG
    IMG_2124.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 19

BubbaBear

I wonder which ballast would be the best to fire this new 945 watt CMH bulb ?

View attachment 418658

Im curious about the same thing, are you just supposed to override the bulb 55w? That cant be good for stability and longevity.

Growers Choice has a true 1000w de cmh coming soon, it has 2 500w ceramic filaments instead of 3 315w filaments like on the 945w cmh. Now if only they come out with a 1000w se cmh were in business.

www.growersc.com/copy-of-1000w-3k

SFGiant121

I Found A Company Who Might Change The GAME!!

I Found A Company Who Might Change The GAME!!

Stopped by a local shop today and was discussing some of the new bulbs coming out onto the market. The guy said I should consider going CMH, I told him they had a great spectrum but not enough PAR compared to HPS. He then busted out a new 945 watt DE CMH bulb that the shop got a few days ago. It has three 315 watt CMH bulbs in a DE bulb.

I hit the internet and couldn't find much info on them. The company Digilamp claims the bulbs put out 2060 PAR which sounds impressive but I'd like to see some independent testing to back this up. If this design and technology is legit, this could be a game changer. Anybody else see these or have experience with them?

https://gramomania.com/media/BQWK7_hhOsk/

https://allstategardensupply.com/product/digilamp-945-watt-ceramic-metal-halide-double-ended-lamp/

Hello I found this very interesting!!, funny that you walked into a shop and someone busts out this 3 bulbs in one DE... I just seen that myself a few days ago crazy!!!! Word is spreading over hear about a start up company that is making noise with their lights. They go by the name of XrossGro. they dont have their website up yet but I've been following them on IG and they are pretty impressive you should check them out..

gmanwho

Veteran
so i havent flowered under them yet. but they seem to be quite an improvement over the ge growmaster bulbs in veg. then i had a maxpar de mh 1000 going in another veg tent.

the growmaster de 945 cmh in my 3x6 veg tray slams light on the whole tray with only running at 600-660w. i see a significant improvement over the last maxpar de 1000mh, which i ran at 600-750w topps over that same tray. BUtttttt 2 months in a cmh bulb went. ends of bulb went black.... had another on hand an swapped out.

got another room running 4 of the same cmh bulbs at 600w as well. i lost 1 bulb in there too. that light kept short cycling. swapped the bulb an it stopped. that one lasted a month. 2 out of 5 bulbs failure rate. thats pretty bad. but im willing to ride it an see what happens.

it really is an impressive amount of light even at 600w. an the par meter confirms. running same wattage an more light. i'll ride it an see what happens.

mushroombrew

Veteran
so i havent flowered under them yet. but they seem to be quite an improvement over the ge growmaster bulbs in veg. then i had a maxpar de mh 1000 in going in another veg tent.

the growmaster de 945 cmh in my 3x6 veg tray slams light on the whole tray with only running at 600-660w. i see a significant improvement over the last maxpar de 1000mh, which is ran at 600-750w topps over that same tray. BUtttttt 2 months in bulb went. ends of bulb went black.... had another on hand an swapped out.

got another room running 4 of the came cmh bulbs at 600w as well. i lost 1 bulb in there too. that light kept short cycling. swapped the bulb an it stopped. that one lasted a month. 2 out of 5 bulbs failure rate. thats pretty bad. but im willing to ride it an see what happens.

it really is an impressive amount of light even at 600w. an the par meter confirms. running same wattage an more light. i'll ride it an see what happens.

Shit 2 out of 5?! That's not good. I wonder if the ballast is causing failure. I was getting ready to pull the trigger. But now I am dubious.
Thanks for taking the hit for us...

painter66

Shit 2 out of 5?! That's not good. I wonder if the ballast is causing failure. I was getting ready to pull the trigger. But now I am dubious.
Thanks for taking the hit for us...

don't forget gman was running these on normal hps ballasts not thr recommended short wave low frequency ballasts. this is why they blew.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm new at CMH.. when i used HID, wasnt sure if a dimmable 1K ballast requires a 600w bulb if set at 600w.. 400w bulb for 400w setting.. still not sure but I am going CMH. The debate, in my head, is to run 630w or 945w... but that brings me back to the dimmable ballast issue.

Will a 1K adjustable CMH ballast safely run both/either 630w and 945w bulbs (and for that matter DE HPS/MH bulbs)? or am I needing a 1K ballast for 1K bulb and the ballast will dimm that 1k cdm bulb down to ??? 630??

gmanwho

Veteran
don't forget gman was running these on normal hps ballasts not thr recommended short wave low frequency ballasts. this is why they blew.

i think you are mistaken, i havent used a single ended ballast in flower for over 4 years now. these 945 cmh bulbs are in de ballasts. an the bulbs are de cmh bulbs.

so they make short wave 1000w de lights now? didnt know that

most of my lights are nanolux double ended 1000w.

some epapillion.

some knock off de's.

after the first 2 that failed, really quickly. the last 6 have been running fine. an they are hands down super bright. u can hammer a 6x4 area no problem an never come off the 600w setting.