What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For anyone who doesn't know,, PetePrice is actually a super reliable source of information,,for years I've looked up to him unlike any other person apart from maybe Tom,,I trust his opinion alot, he's not a newbie,,old personal friend

Message each other often,,super source of info,,him being here is more of a gift than anyone here knows,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Azz would have to chime in here ,,but I believe stoney got a cut of livers but it was actually blues,,,so when stoney said livers is the ultimate he meant blues,,

I have to admit,,Pete has made me see things I didn't notice before

I'm not making any judgements , thats because you cant really say till you smoke it, but I'm thinking it's one of the 2,,,blues did the 3 leaf thing too,,

Terppalooza

I'm going out on a limb to say this is Blues or blues related..... for whatever reason blues does that thing at the top of the bud where it elongates or whatever it's like a lil foxtail... I just look at that pic and kinda see it..

below is Verges plant doing the fox thing..

View attachment 18879876

and this is EM's plant for comparison
View attachment 18879877

And everyones m8, Mate Dave with the same cut (via ER), who remembers MD and the mermaid/fairy weed haha

View attachment 18879879

Anyway I find the 3 cuts very very similar with just slight differences ie I find this a bit sweeter and nicer than the BS and I preferred growing Pyscho to BS as it wasn't as floppy, guess the proof will come out in the smoke rather than pics
Does look alooot like her. Your right

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
i cant help but find it really odd that both brightside and cf both claimed to have never heard of the psycho,and cf contradicting himself in many posts about there being only one cheese then clearly saying there were many hybrids of her being passed back then,also after reading farmer g's post above because its well documented the brightside was the guy who passed the cheese to HGF in the dam......

Cf or of the hill took cheese to dam and HGF. When did brightside say he took it to them out of interest?

Cf said there was only one cheese. He never said it wasn’t crossed though. He just said there was only one original cheese. He even mentions the cross brightside did back to cheeze.

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
F
Ok so WCB gets credit for popping the seeds and selecting the plant from 4 girls

He clones it and passed it to his friends…

One of his friends was “of the hill/cheesefarmer” that took the cheese to exodus…

I’m the other thread CF says there was only one cheese.

Then they show him the psychosis pics and tell him some possible backstories.
View attachment 18875086
psychosis is a nl5 x haze…😂😂😂

Then CF assures everyone that all that is bollocks and there was only one cheese clone passed out up until at least the split.

View attachment 18875104

But how could he be so sure if he just learned the psychosis existed?

View attachment 18875105

Then a dude comes in a talks about how at some point the exodus crew used the cheese in a few crosses like and how they never even kept the original because the grow room wasn’t built yet.

Cheese x nl
Cheese x afghan/haze
Cheese x skunk 1

and those clones were passed out as cheese 1,2 and 3

Cf dispelled it as a myth and says he still had his in 2012 because there is only one.

Then he’s told more about the psychosis

and admits there may have been a mix up with a mutual friend…

I started a thread on a different forum and a guy came in challenging the weed world article so I asked where he was getting that info and he gave me a link to that thread.

I read bits and pieces of it in here from some of the people actually I’m the thread but this was new info to me…

As far as my plant

Just chopped her. It seemed like she stopped growing at 68 in my room but my shit ain’t perfect…

Psychosis isn’t a cheese cross nor is it connected to cf so it’s not surprising cf never heard of it. It was from London.

Peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cf or of the hill took cheese to dam and HGF. When did brightside say he took it to them out of interest?

Cf said there was only one cheese. He never said it wasn’t crossed though. He just said there was only one original cheese. He even mentions the cross brightside did back to cheeze.

Peace
That's the same line brightside used to say,,,word for word,,,when he wrote it he wrote it with a z often too

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Any thoughts,,I'm thinking it's from us,

It’s funny that it takes sending it to cali, to get someone who understands how to grow, to grow it out properly, to remind everyone what it was always like before the shitty growers got hold of it and gave it a bad name.

I wonder if drew knows what proper cheese is, could easily be some big buddha cali packs..

Peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sent drew a message,,I think he needs to do a video setting the record straight on cheese and the variations

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can we compile a full story of the history of cheese,,,any help is much appreciated,,just don't want to get anything wrong,,

We need to include all the various cuts too

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He said he will do a revision on his old cheese video,,I think it needs an update,,he didn't even know about the exodus,,never mind offthehill

Happs

Hi guys first of all love the thread..
lots of love and work gone into this.
Took me about 20 hours to read every post.
The First post by cheesegez is right.
Quick background ..I’m 50 next year.
lived very near Watford back then.
Smoking when 16
I started growing 2000. I had a few mates that grew and they were a few years older than me. Before that it was crappy hash or compressed bush or some sess if you new some rasta or finding a dude in a squat.

I used to go to this grow shop in London and 1 of the workers new a mate of a mate.
a year later the grow shop shut down and the workers set up there own shop.
i heard they had a new shop and started using them around 2001-2002.
So while in said shop having a chat a few times these would be honest conversations and then I was introduced to some other shop customers who would come in on the regular.
There was 2 crews who would grow cheese. A few blokes in each crew had a few spots each and they would have their shared spots as well.
i was told by 1 crew that they got their cheese cutting from Brighton.
They payed a few quid for them as well.This was 2002-2003.before any seeds were on the market.
it was called either cheese or Luton cheese or exodus cheese.
The first time I smoked cheese in 2001-2002 I got a few buds and I remember it stinking to high heaven and being on the edge of a whitey but it being so moorish you have to roll another.
i remember being in the grow shop and talking about the big Buddha seeds.
one of the other crew got some of the seeds and when done we compared
the samples.
lime green is what best describes cheese with a smell that will just make your eyes bleed.
all the rest of these so called cheeses by seed companys are lies.
nothing else compares with the real cheese.
big Buddha has the same sort of smell but the taste and high are not the same.
could go on as pooped beans from most of them.
so yer I grew cheese from maybe 2002-2005 or 2003-2005.
the only reason I lost it was spidermite.

sorry if this post is a bit over the place but just excited to post as I spent about 3-4 hours every night over a week reading this thread.

Happs

And remember this is before the internet forums.
you had to know someone who was a grower to get the cheese and look what it did, it spread the cheese all over before Buddha diluted it.
Reading this thread proves it.
I love it.
also buddha got his cut of cheese from zorro of redeye mag.
so these crews grew cheese in coca and they were the best examples of cheese I’ve seen and smoked. They were pulling some good numbers.
i see a lot of cheese before seeds.
so a few years later after Buddha seeds are out I heard of other cuts but never brightside only psychosis.
I’ve heard the rumours that there were a few others crosses and had a psychosis cut from a friend but it was in a piss poor state from constant cuts and mistreatment it went lost something and that’s when I got it and I tried to revive it but it was a lost cause at the time.
The cheese is a magnet for mites and I lost my cheese to a battle of spider mites.. looked a haunted castle with the webs.
so I’ve done other seed companies “cheese”
only 2 are close.
Connoisseur genetics. cheese dog haze is good but i found to many different crosses and at that present time I was not prepared to spend time going through them all.3-4 different I think.
Seedism seeds. cheesewreck these guys have what I rank in my personal smoke as 1 of the best cheese crosses. I think I might of got a cut from a good mate but can’t remember exactly or a 5 pack.
in the end with the right environment it looked like cheese and smelt like cheese and my goodness did that stink.
you would not be able to tell the difference.
Some time wise I’m not sure but i know he sold a lot of cutting as cheese.
trying to remember the time on this happenin. So a load of chaps on site(building site) think they have cheese but it’s cheesewreck. I’m thinking 2010.
can’t remember what I was gonna say lol. will Reread and if anything I was gonna ask you guys..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We can educate drew,,he just has to be open to learning,,

Below are a few old post that might make things a lil clearer,,,I thought off the hill found the cheese but it seems like I was wrong,,,sounds like wing comader blue was the guy who cracked the original sensi seed batch

Below are a selection of interesting post,,old ones , not from me

The true origin of UK Cheese

I recently went on holiday to the Canary Islands, a friend of mine gave me a copy of Weed World magazine to read while I was there (issue 56). To my surprise, was the article by Big Buddha Cheese? On reading this I decide to tell the story from the beginning.

Back in the late 80’s early 90’s, a friend-of-a-friend of mine came back from the Sensi Seed Bank in Amsterdam with some seeds.

Most of the plants were males but 4 of them were girls – 3 of the 4 were wankers and one was kind of OK. This plant was cloned and passed on to 3 or 4 different people who grew it alongside some Northern Lights and Silver Pearl plants in their well built grow rooms.

I am 45 years old now and have been growing my own weed for about 25 years, 10 of them outside in the wild.

My best friend and I decided that we would build ourselves our own grow rooms but didn’t see the need for getting too technical so, we made them out of anything we could lay our hands on – we called them “orange crates” coz that’s what they looked like.

As for lighting, we went on a commando raid to a local disused cement factory and helped ourselves to some Sodium and Metal Halide 400’s. We made our own shades from some aluminium sheeting from a local scrap yard.

Now all we needed was some nice cuttings. I managed to get some N/L and S/P plants and also one of the Skunks. Most of the other growers concentrated on the N/L and S/P because they are good all rounders.

I think one of the Skunks went to Crewe and another to Cornwall. I quite liked the Skunk so I kept it going. Now over the next 7 or 8 years of constant cloning, the Skunk started changing – don’t know why – it just did. It started to get really smelly – I mean really stink. The smell would get everywhere and I was often creosoting the fence to try and mask the smell (a little tip there for Cheese farmers, creosote or burnt toast). Cropping was a nightmare and I wouldn’t even go out because people would often say “you stink”.

I was giving some of this weed to my close friends and they all loved it and, as the taste was changing it seemed the strength was too. This weed had become so strong and so smelly that it reminded me of something I had smelt before, but I couldn’t think what it was. Then one day the penny dropped.

When I was 17 or 18 and living at home with my parents, I would go out a lot with a friend who worked in a food essence factory. Some days I would see him and he would stink of all different kind of things: fish, beef, vanilla etc. He would bring me small test tubes of concentrated liquids home and use them in my fishing bait (the carp loved the vanilla). One day he put one under my nose and said “smell this one, its called blue cheese, and it’s a real minger”.

This was the smell I had been trying to remember. The weed smelt just like it and so she was born. I gave the weed the name “Cheese”.

The only cuttings I let out were to people who were incapable of doing their own cloning and only wanted a plant for their own garden in the summer months.

Another close friend of mine, known as “Of the Hill”, came to me one day and asked me if I would do him 21 cuttings as he was building a big lab for the Exodus people in Luton. I was a bit unsure of this as I didn’t know ay of these people but, I did it for him because he is a good egg and has dug me out of plenty of holes over the years. Anyway, off he went with his cuttings and I didn’t here too much more about it, other than a good harvest festival was had.

“Of the Hill” arranged for a cutting to make it’s way to a coffee shop in Amsterdam in 2003 (Home Grown Fantasy). It was cloned and put on the menu as ‘Cheese’ and went on to claim 3rd place in the cannabis cup in 2004.

I recently met an American at a Hawkwind gig in London who had heard of the Cheese in Washington. He had come to the UK to see Hawkwind and smoke Cheese. His face lit up when I pulled a big fat Cheese straw out of my pocket!

It’s kind of annoying really – I wish I could have put a patent on the word “Cheese” in the context of marijuana but, it’s kind of difficult when things are illegal.

All over the place now I hear people calling all sorts of weed “Cheese” and I say to them “no mate, this is Cheese”.

As for Mr Big Buddha? I have plenty of respect for him, but the Cheese is not yours no matter what you call it and, as for crossing her? She does need help –over the years she has started to show signs of stress.

Growers will notice that some plants get brown spotty leaves during growing & flowering that results I leaf drop. I don’t know what the cause is, it’s not the soil, the water, the food, or the air quality (possibly a virus of some kind), so I suppose a cross of some kind to introduce some new vigour to her would be a good thing so, like I said, respect to Big Buddha for trying.

So for nearly 14 years, the Cheese was living at only a couple of places but now it seems to be everywhere for people to enjoy.

I don’t know what she has become – some sort of mutant freak, but she sure hits the spot and everyone who smokes her loves her to pieces.

So there you have it – the truth about the origin of Cheese. You can all rejoice that I kept her going for all these years and now you all know how it came about its name.

In the grand scheme of things it’s not very much, but I wanted to set the record straight.

Wing Commander Blue

Next is from someone called aldo

Originally Posted by AldoN01

Hi Guys
This Post Is all about the great elite clone cheese
its my first post and will be my last dont like posting in forums
but this is just to make sence of all the cheese deception going on

Lets start by introducing myself i am aldo lived on the H.A.Z Manor for
5 years i was involved with alot of the growing on the manor
The Cheese was giving to us by a man named "of the hill" ment to be 20 odd
clones but he turned up with 18 we did not care as 18 was a good number of cuts
the man who gave us these cuts was also helping us wire a flower, veg and clone room up
as none were wired up wee had to put the cuts outside and we never took cuts of these cuts
we received but what did happen was Del who was a hobby breeder had his plants out and
knew he had a few males which were skunk no1, haze/afghan and NL
so these 3 males were all breed with 3 different cuts of cheese
so after the new year we started 30 seeds off each of the 3 crosses in the new grow rooms

afghan/haze x cheese 1
kept one mother of this cut for about 2 years
specs on this was 11 weeks flower rock hard nugs this was like
the original cheese smell the same but a weaker stone more heady

NL X Cheese 2
kept 10 mothers of this one so was passed out more
Flowered in 9 weeks same structure of the cheese but was very hairy pistil wise
stone was all body

skunk no1 x cheese 3
kept 5 mums of this
it was the same as cheese in every way strong body stone taste smell
Flowered in 9.5 weeks

we called these cheese 1,2 and 3

so the original cheese would have been very hard to come by so poeple saying
they have the original i would say they were lieing at least 99% of them any way
no cuttings were ever handed out at the raves they were handed out to poeple who were
connected to the manor thats facts so we never got to keep the original either but we definitly
smmoked alot of the original
we at the manor did not find out about how the cheese came about its name until about 3 years
later but if we new this we would have renamed it due to the fact its just skunk no1
so the poeple growing cheese 1,2 or 3 would have one of these crosses

its up to you's to think this is real or not but i know it is this is how it came about cheers for reading aldo

Englishrick
Below is what sonic said in relation to the above aldo post

Sonic
that would make sense , as we have had three cuts for ever well before the super cheese craze , the suicide the sweet cheese and pistils cheese all said to be the original exodus , the three descriptions make sense oh and the diet cheese , lol who knows for sure

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems sonic counted 4 cheeses,,,

Pistles,,, probably brightsides?
Suicide,,, sonics cut
Sweet cheese??????
Diet Cheese ????

I'm assuming the blue meanie is the afghan haze x cheese cross mentioned in aldos post and the nl cross is the smelly nelly??

Not sure where psycho comes into this,,like I said brightside said it was a widow cross

Happs

Wow .. what we need is somebody else to confirm that this happened to make sure it’s 100 percent the full Monty.
but it makes sense..
I wonder why they never used the silver pearl?Maybe no males?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the widow cross was after aldo,,In the past I've smoked cheese that briefly reminded me of silver pearl too,,,I get the feeling more crosses were made after the aldo story

Latest posts

Latest posts