What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often spray the fresh clones with water?

N

NewAgeGenetics

OK, so not to spray... and how often should I change the air (to fresh air) in the propagator box in usual?

anyone use "anti mold powder" to avoid stem rot while rooting?

RockinRobot

Let me point a little something out to the rookie....

who just cant stop talking.....

The glue is most often grown on a screen.....

The internodal spacing is really helpful when you want to fill a screen.....

Im only taking the time with you because clearly you have very little idea what you are doing..... so experienced guys like myself should help when we can.....

I recall when my mouth wrote checks my brain just couldnt cash....

The plant in 44 will be transplanted to 5 gallons....and the branches tied down....to create the base of the plant....

to prepare it to be put into a screen.....There is always a battle with glue to keep it from getting to 7 feet....

Sorry but even growing under a screen that node spacing ridiculous.
Most screens are on 2" - 3" spacing so 6" - 8" node spacing is a waste. There are plenty of ways to decrease internode spacing even on tall strains.

whatsmells

I cut, 2 to 3 nodes tall, dip and throw it in a beer cup of coco with a couple holes drilled in the bottom. Water 1 time sometimes twice if it is a slow rooter, no mist, no leaf cut and when the cup is dry its normally because it has roots and using the moisture. 98%.
I find taller clones work better for me and don't take any longer to root. The clones hit the ground running.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000..with proper humidity spraying isn't needed....yeehaw..when I used to spray and had packed trays I found where leaves touched each other mold would tend to form ..I leave dome shut for 5 days then crack it a bit ,,then remove it...I use sterilite trays from Walmart with seedling heat mat and some water in the bottom to keep up humidity ...couldn't be easier..my clones don't miss a beat..this was a setup in my 5th wheel trailer...SUPERMANLIVES gallery I think has better pics of the normal setup..the trays have a gap on each side where they meet from the get go..i highly recommend them

chronosync

Well-stoned member
clones

clones

Those are 4 days old. One up front, a week.
Just cut with 2-3 nodes, scraped, root gel, moist coco.
Thats it.
Humidity says %52 today

Budley Doright

Veteran
Sorry but even growing under a screen that node spacing ridiculous.
Most screens are on 2" - 3" spacing so 6" - 8" node spacing is a waste. There are plenty of ways to decrease internode spacing even on tall strains.

Here is my thread.....
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

When you decide to actually say something come on over.....

but before you post please read the thread......

By the way....most Ive seen use a 4 x 4 spacing.....

And...there isnt any 6 to 8 inch nodes....

the entire clone is about 12 inches......do the math......

Let me help with the math.... there are approximately 5 nodes on each of the main branches....a little division says thats about 2 or 2.5 inches between nodes......

The pic you commented on is in the first post......

Cant wait.....

By the way....if you have a hard time finding the thread it may be because its a sticky thread......

Budley Doright

Veteran
RockinRobot...never mind.... I went to your profile and looked at your pics.....

You are a micro grower.....and you are correct....one of the best ways to reduce your node distance is to grow dinky little plants.....

But I still welcome you to read the thread....you might just learn something......

Bring our friend cg with you.....

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
I put mine in the clone King no spraying 100 % root rate. Why do u guys cute the tips off the leaves ?

Budley Doright

Veteran
I put mine in the clone King no spraying 100 % root rate. Why do u guys cute the tips off the leaves ?

There is no reason to cut leaves.... if your environment is right no reason... To reduce transpiration you simply need higher humidity.....

I expect since you are in a clone king..... there is high humidity....

Here is a comment I found on the web...... its only one of many.....but I concur with his words....
====================================================================
you've misunderstood the purpose of cutting the leaves.

by cutting the leaves, you stop/significantly slow transpiration. In this way, a cutting is less likely to dry-out(wilt) before it has time to grow roots.

in my experience, if your clone environment is perfect, this step can be skipped entirely.
=====================================================================

Because he's right. 14 days for clones to root is insane. It should take 3-5 days max. Plus I suggest that you cut those leaves off, as your cuttings are having to spend more energy supporting those fan leaves compared to using all of the energy for roots.

3- 5 days max?......have you ever grown OG family strains?
more like 3 to 5 weeks lol

i thought the trimming leaf was to signal the plant to conserve energy?

N

NewAgeGenetics

3- 5 days max?......have you ever grown OG family strains?
more like 3 to 5 weeks lol

i thought the trimming leaf was to signal the plant to conserve energy?

yea, plz teach me to get roots in 3 days! LOL

and my clones are wilting if I dont spray them max 2 days often.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
hmmmmmmm....me last post on this thread was back in july....

ill most likey never really spray em....just mist the top of the plastic wrap,
sometimes water the actual peat pellet,and MAYBE mist them down....but usually wont have to...tupperware and clear plastic wrap,seem to do fine...recently cloned grape stomper and ortega pictured above.. :biggrin:

and 3-5 days....roots!!!!!, chris carter on espn, COME ON MAN...... :tiphat:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
two weeks

two weeks

Two weeks later still sitting in the same place. I put them on a heating mat for a little bit but only because its been cold here and with wood stove heat, its not always warm enough. I gave them some water by letting the cups suck it up from the bottom but only because the mat was drying the coco out.

So two weeks later, one clone wilted and i threw it out because it had no roots whatsoever, the leaves are starting to yellow and one cup has a visible root. So hopefully the rest follow suit as they were all given the same treatment. Minimal.

Cut, three nodes buried, root gel, scraped stem. No misting. Straight coco.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
If you're dying to do something, misting your clones half a dozen times a day won't hurt them.

N

NewAgeGenetics

Probably cant hurt, but i swear if i pay any attention to them they dont root.
true story

if you spray the leafs everyday it takes from 14 days to forever to show any roots!

anyways Cheese roots within a week, doesnt matter you moist the leafs or not. lol