What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Northern Lights

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This a nug of NL. Really it is about all of 1 plant as I had a nute lockout and had mini plants. I think they smoke the same as regular sized though.Peak NL.jpg

This is a very mellow feeling high that comes on immediately after smoking. Last about 2 hours or a bit less depending. Potency is around 7 or 8, pretty good but does not crush you. Thc would be around 15 to 20 percent I would guess. Good feelings to it not just a buzz, positive feeling comes with it.

Taste is ordinary I guess, I never can get all the nuances of taste some get. Chill out weed but still functional at lower doses. Laidback for sure but not too much that way either. Not confusing high but you could get into a trance type state if you allow yourself to do that.

Anxiety relief and help for sleeping would be the main areas for help with this strain. Maybe physical pain too but I can not give a opinion on that.

I like the high very much, better than a lot of indicas I have tried. I ordered 3 more packs of this NL today and hope he throws in a NL x Blueberry so I can try that too. Have BCSC NL on tap for next grow to compare to this. I grew Nirvana NL and was not that happy with it. It was potent but was kind of a messed up high with a dirty finish, 1 plant only so take that as you will.

Attachments

• Peak NL.jpg
    Peak NL.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 78

iaballa712

Nice nug, have heard good things about Mike's gear, i have some Sweet Skunks i need to pop. Post some plant pics if you have some, would like to see structure of his NL.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Cool to hear! For what I've read, Dr atomic has the NL. I also grew Nirvana's so ok plants and some no high plants. Not growing that again. I want to try BCSC NL#5.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ No, I found it to be stable and expect the seeds to provide me with good genetics. I never deal with clones anyways for legal and other reasons.

The BCSC NL is about ready to be flipped into flower, expecting top notch genetics there too. Peak used BCSC NL crossed to Sensi NL to get his strain or that is what I read on the net.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
He used old packs though. I've heard some mixed reports about current BCSC NL. Glad you're growing it out though, would be curious to know how it does. I hope it's everything you dream it is.

Old Fogey

Cool to hear! For what I've read, Dr atomic has the NL. I also grew Nirvana's so ok plants and some no high plants. Not growing that again. I want to try BCSC NL#5.

Don't go near it. Not worth the water you put on them.

I just killed the last of the living dead from a pack of BCSC NL #5 I purchased in late 2013 from a reputable seed bank.

It was a female, had been pollinated and was doing nothing, not even making beans! As for calyx? Forget it. Dead little red hairs sticking up here and there. The other plants (different strains) in the grow have thrived. I just got sick of looking at it in the end.

Like all of its siblings (including 2 females I'd already executed), this is one of the worst plants I've ever seen. I haven't grown any worse because I've killed any that bad well before they got as old as these.

I had 8 seedlings from 10 beans. A couple were runts. Each was different to the next. This is no IBL or pure strain and I wouldn't grow these beans if you were paying me for it, there would have to be a better way to make a living.

Peace

Old Fogey

^^ No, I found it to be stable and expect the seeds to provide me with good genetics. I never deal with clones anyways for legal and other reasons.

The BCSC NL is about ready to be flipped into flower, expecting top notch genetics there too. Peak used BCSC NL crossed to Sensi NL to get his strain or that is what I read on the net.

This is correct information about the Sensi male, I have it in writing from Mike J. himself on that.

As for the BCSC #5 mother, Mike said the plant's performance had begun to drop off and he was looking to re-invigorate the strain - which I took to mean he bred a completely new mother using mostly genetics from the original.

Cerainly, when I placed my first order in September 2015, Mike advised that the NL beans he had for sale at that time were not his "premium" NL, advising me to wait for harvesting of a superior NL product, which I later ordered some months later..

So again, I suspect Peak Seeds is using a new Northern Lights mother plant.

Peace

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Yup, Mike is a real breeder. I hear his latest blueberry is his best yet. Gonna order me up some packs of all his IBLs I think. Thanks for bumping this one Fogey.

Old Fogey

Yup, Mike is a real breeder. I hear his latest blueberry is his best yet. Gonna order me up some packs of all his IBLs I think. Thanks for bumping this one Fogey.

Thanks for the info.

I have some Peak Seeds Blueberry beans purchased in the second half of 2015. I'll be certain to check with Mike before my next buy to make sure I have his best version.

I have all of Mike's IBL's, but I often worry about whether I have enough of them in reserve so I'm always looking forward to my next order of beans from Peak.

Peace

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I made a thread asking this question, but has anyone tried growing out his Texada crosses? Peak has great service. Ordered some of his NL but have yet to pop them.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bush Brothers is dropping some crazy Timewarp crosses soon. Think classic Canadiana mashed with the newest American cultivars.

Old Fogey

I'm just getting started with PSBC genetics, albeit on a very small scale, and so far I'm impressed with what I see, .
I've got a sweet skunk x C99 cross that is growing faster than anything I've seen in my limited experience and I'm just starting some of Mike's NL.
Anyone try any of his Texada crosses? I may try an outdoor grow if things align for me, and these sound like good options.

How did your NL grow go ? I grew some out last year. I had poor germination with only 5 seedlings out of 10 beans for 2 females. I had the same problem with Mike's Kush Berry but I get 100% germ rates with all his others.

Still, I got 2 nice females and I only wish I'd cloned the best one.

Pheno 1 was a single cola/spear type plant with classic Afghanica leaf.

Potency was 7 to 8 and the high was 9.5 out of 10. I loved this plant, it was my clear favourite in a multi strain grow. I took about 3oz off this plant, most of it smoke grade.

Pheno 2 was a short, squat Xmas tree type with a huge central cola and leaf that looked like what you find on sativa dominant hybrids, thinner than Afghanicas and more serations - I pulled almost 4 ounces and it was barely 2 foot tall in a 1 gal pot.

The high was non existent. It didn't/doesn't have any noticable effects. Until 30 to 40 minutes after smoking it that is, by which time you are asleep.

If I over indulge in sativas during the evening and cannot sleep I sink a couple of pipes of this NL and I'm out to the world in no time. Zero recreation in this pheno but excellent medicinal value.

I have another 2 packs of Peak NL and I'll be cracking them soon in the hunt for a nice and potent mother of the Pheno 1 type, it's some of the nicest smoke I've had in 40 years of smoking.

Peace

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts