What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The NEW E-Papillon 1000W Thread

skeeterdude

E-Pappillon How close can you get the new E-Pappillon light to the plants?

E-Pappillon How close can you get the new E-Pappillon light to the plants?

1. How close can you get the light to the plants?
My area is 4 foot wide by 10 foot long. I purchase two lights and put them on a light rail. I set the motor in the center (at 5 foot) and offset the lights 2.5 feet from center left and right. The motor is set to move 10.5 inches from center left and right each for a total of 21 inches. I notice your notes explain the lights are for a square area of 4 x 4. Will my setup work this way? I provided a picture to explain the setup.

Thanks Skeeter

https://www.icmag.com/ic/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#

Last edited by a moderator:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DGS, hello

couple of questions:

-can you order systems through the USA distributor, dutch garden supplies?
-with the CMH / CDM 315 watt model, does the ballast inside, have a selector for the 210 watt feature, like the USA ballasts?
-can you tell us anything with testing the 315 CDM model? I've seen pics of them, but would love to hear your thoughts on the new philips bulb...

love the vented hood idea. I have a non vented hood from sun systems, and I think you hood would be cooler on the plants then the one I have..

Thank you DGS

Last edited:

smile

DGS,

What is the approximate light footprint of the 315w?

Is it square? Can it cover 1 sq. meter?

Thanks,

pHive.8

Vendor
@Skeeter:
Because of the openness of the fixtures you can put them at 3 ft above your plants.
The lights have a footprint of about 4 ft by 5 ft at a height of 3 ft, so your setup is perfect for our lights!

pHive.8

Vendor
@Habeeb

I saw your post on the dPapillon 315W. The photo that you found of the internals of the fixture isn't the right photo. This is a conventional system 400V/600W system.
The dPapillon 315W is an electronic fixture, but has no selector for lower outputs. But why would you want to switch them to 210W? 315W is the most efficient CMH lamp. The 315W CMH lamps are mostly used by laboratories in Europe for the growth of youngplants.
Use the daylight lamp for growing and the greenpower for flowering. They can both be used in the same fixture.
Hope you will have much growth with our systems!

pHive.8

Vendor
@lloyd_christmas
Go for the ePap's...! They will blow your mind and increase your yield like no lighting product before! ;-)

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Habeeb

I saw your post on the dPapillon 315W. The photo that you found of the internals of the fixture isn't the right photo. This is a conventional system 400V/600W system.
The dPapillon 315W is an electronic fixture, but has no selector for lower outputs. But why would you want to switch them to 210W? 315W is the most efficient CMH lamp. The 315W CMH lamps are mostly used by laboratories in Europe for the growth of youngplants.
Use the daylight lamp for growing and the greenpower for flowering. They can both be used in the same fixture.
Hope you will have much growth with our systems!

thanks, appreciate it.

I was fitting the CDM in a small tent ( 2x2 foot ) so kinda hard to push that much in such a small space..

what do you guys feel on the whole replacement of the "reflector", as what I've been hearing you lose output over time based on thermal cycling / dust / sulfur ... do you guys sell replacement "reflector tin" to switch out the reflector to keep it working "new" ?

also again, who do we order from if were in the USA?

Thanks

pHive.8

Vendor
@drknockbootz and @habeeb

You can buy the ePapillon products through our distributor Dutch Garden Supplies
They can tell you where you can find your closest retailers.

Because the material of the reflector doesn't get really hot, dust etc doesn't burn into the material, so you'll loose only about 1% efficiency a year. But I can imagine you will want every percent of light to be used. So replacement reflectors are also sold.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@drknockbootz and @habeeb

You can buy the ePapillon products through our distributor Dutch Garden Supplies
They can tell you where you can find your closest retailers.

Because the material of the reflector doesn't get really hot, dust etc doesn't burn into the material, so you'll loose only about 1% efficiency a year. But I can imagine you will want every percent of light to be used. So replacement reflectors are also sold.

Thank you DGS,

I will look into it

I do like the design how the heat can escape.. few reflectors do this, and think it's vital if it's an open air fixture..

Thanks again.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Quick question for ya! Im going to give the E-Papillon 1000W a try, as ive been reading some really great things about it.

My plan is to have a 5x5 room utilizing about 4x4 area of actual flowering space. Will this fixture work for said footprint, and what kind of heat can i expect. I have a 500cfm fan and was hoping to use passive intake, as the larger room containing the 5x5 area stays around 70 with central air.

thanks in advance

Latest posts

Latest posts