What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Current values for Chong Glass??

I recently have the opportunity to purchase an original Chong Glass 3' "waterpipe" w/case in perfect condition....

The seller states they are quite collectable, and that values are climbing steadily...if you can even find one. I don't have a picture on hand, but have looked at the piece, and it is quite ornate w/a thickness of 5mm+(I think/guessing) and has the face of Tommy Chong in a glass marble on the side... I've searched all over the net and cannot find any for sale...anywhere!!??

Any of you collectors out there have any clues to a value on this piece?? Asking price...$300US... :woohoo:

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
if thats what its being sold at then chances are thats its value. but as with anything that isnt being made anymore and is breakable, the avaliable numbers go down so it gets rarer and rarer, so yeah the price should increase.... you might have to hang on to it for 30 years or so to be worth doing but if you can do the outlay without missing it and starving that week why not

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply Harry :wave: .

I've always been told, "Value is whatever someone was willing to spend"...LOL So there is a lot of truth to your statement.... The person that acquired this piece, got it directly from one of the owners from Good Stash Glass, and was told its value was much higher than what I would be spending... I like it anyway(regardless of the price), and have commited to it right after the Holidays...

So I'll get a picture up once it's in my hands,...and if any of you are more familiar with his pieces...please feel free to chime in and share your thoughts...

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I saw a Chong Bong (2 foot) for sale for $700 at my local head-shop...that was like 4 years ago-- They are for sure collectors pieces-- :wave:

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
damn!!

damn!!

curiosity got me in this thread & now i wished i'd stayed oblivious... the 1st time i caught his stand up routeen it was the very last set in that town so they didnt have any pipes or bongs! was so close... f u c k!

lucky hook up ya got!

Picked her up tonight!! :jump:
I'll get a few pictures up after dinner is done.... Got to eat first!! All that last minute shopping has about worn me out...LOL

Regretfully for those that have offered to buy it from me via PM,...it isn't for sale, but to add to my collection of glass...sorry.

texasluv

I bought a new one over four years ago for $350 and a friend of mine broke it the first time they smoked out of it. I have never found a comperable relacement.

supermanlives

Veteran
its worth as much as you value it at. hard to make a price. some peeps pay more some less. hjow much extra bank ya got.

ma_crockett

LOL

LOL

Its funny you say that its cool that a 6 year old thread is resurrected because I was wondering if it was still open, or if anyone would ever see it! and its not about how much extra i have, because that is my piece :dance013:. Im looking to find out how much extra YOU (possibly) have to let go for this wonderful piece that has brought me so much joy in my day! Took my first stale rip out of it years ago and havnt taken one since, and had the opportunity to purchase it between then and now. Good times with this piece and I will hate to see her go, although I think its about that time.

Thanks for the replies. Have a good one.:thank you:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Its funny you say that its cool that a 6 year old thread is resurrected because I was wondering if it was still open, or if anyone would ever see it! and its not about how much extra i have, because that is my piece :dance013:. Im looking to find out how much extra YOU (possibly) have to let go for this wonderful piece that has brought me so much joy in my day! Took my first stale rip out of it years ago and havnt taken one since, and had the opportunity to purchase it between then and now. Good times with this piece and I will hate to see her go, although I think its about that time.

Thanks for the replies. Have a good one.:thank you:

please read the terms of use, no solicitations of any kind are permitted.

thanks

ma_crockett

Sorry about that, really it was more of a joke! (probably not too funny)
but if someone would let me know what they might pay for such a piece, so i know what to ask for it if i did decide to let it go in the future, that would be great.

Thanks, Mac