What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cleaning bubble bags/screens

Kenny Lingus

I got an organic spray for rinsing out grinders of any material... Probably some bio-solvent or oil too.

I'll try oiling me old travel-bags...

B

bighogg

cooking oil?!? OMG i can't believe i've never tried that...i've been using either alcohol or goo gone.

thanks for the tip!

highagain

This thread is still around, shoot I havent been Mystaduke for over a year now. I am glad I could help out some people. The best thing about this cleaning tech is that just about everybody already has some cooking oil in there house already, and you only need a few table spoons.

Last edited:

Kenny Lingus

will all oil release from the screen using lukewarmwater and dishsoap then?

I'm not that upset about a little muck in the screens, but to much make it a chore to pull them. (Allthough larger screens are always an option too.)

PS!

First time using 7-ice-o-lators. (only did the tiny 1gal travel bag before. And it don't even rate screen size.)

Tools: Driller with wooden spoon, 5gallon buckets (square unfortunately) About 1,5 gallon of dry crumbled Mississippi Mud trim, from 2 grows. 1st pull was cropped 3months ago. Last pull cut 2-3weeks ago.)

Results: Of the 1st batch I took all the qualities I assume to be smokeable and smothered through a large-pored kitchen-sieve/strainer as soon the majority of water had soaked into the coffee filters I rested the resins on... After 18-24 hours they are dust dry as the temp around here now hit 27-30centigrade in the day.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
Call me lazy but I've been throwin them in the washing machine on gentle warm/cold wash (use warm just n case mold r mildew spores accidentally get n there b4 storage don't want my bags rotting!). If a screen is particularly bad ill rub it gently against the smooth outer wall for a min and they look almost new. Had the same 5 gallon 8 bag kit for 3 years only bag tha looks used is the blue bag, I've put them thing to work :) I've probably made 100 to 150 runs of hash through them if not more (2lbs trim is avg per harvest off 6 lights, bout 6/7 ozs per batch, plus all the med patients that just give me trim to make them bubble for meds). And on top of that they survived hurricane katrina! Washing machine on gentle don't sound bad after all that now does it?

Best Bubble clean and savage method

Best Bubble clean and savage method

There is a few threads on this and this seems a good one. So in the end I think the oil(cleanest possible,I use canola with no smell) and soap method the best and best preserves the bag. Do use enough soap(not to harsh) to remove all the oil as when washing your hands sometimes enough soap wasn't used and needs done again. Alcohol can work as well and faster but should washed with soap too and then rinse well. Alcohol alone even with rinse will leave some residual residues.
Also a biggie. After getting your hash off the screen always rinse the bigger filter inside out back in the main water bucket or a separate bowl of ice water, rinse well and dump back into main bucket and along with rinsing the spoon off in the water will save in the long run, many trichs.
Remember to be courteous and share your hash. :tiphat: SR

Opening an over 5 yr old thread... Good info in this if you read through. Made the last hash I'll have for quite some time I'd imagine with a 220/160/110/75/25 bubble bag. Smoking the last of my herb, potent Jack Herer thankfully, and just ran some trimmings with some AG Gold from barneys farm I still had left that lacked potency. Looks good so will see. I like to tap the sides of the bucket with a large spoon before settling and turn bag back and forth with gentle lifting to help with sedimentation hopefully and then wait. Also do a second run but with no 75 bag and get good amount still from the 25 bag. I also use larger ice chunks I break up manually and just use tap water frozen in containers and nuke or on stove a minute and will pop right out unless bottom is larger, oops. Learned larger sharper homemade is better and watched you tube with regular bag ice broke up to make sharp pieces, but Hello, soon as you put it in water it loses all the sharp edges unless you use larger pieces. I learned this from E$kob@rs thread in TSD so guess were not good for nothing refugees eh. Larger chunks also smash together more violently. Also learned to use longer mixer blades and don't use but can use a board, drilled to specs to hold the mixer thus making it a bit easier if you want. I prefer the work out and use both the mixer and alternating with a large metal spoon, making sure to scape the sides back into the brew. I have seen people use outlined cardboard to dry and just leave in the spot they put it. I have my final board ready, but use a pre dry board and use razor blade to cut in smaller bits and move a few times across the board allowing to sit in between and eventually putting on my final cardboard piece and cover from light with bent piece of paperbag whatever to block light and let finish drying. I don't use the press cloth to dry either and the cardboard works fine and think pressing can be worse than better maybe. I do put the ground dry herb in the freezer before making hash, but not to facilitate in drying after as some. I think when wet it may freeze it too much and don't find it necessary anyway. Here is to all those who like real quality, inside and out. SR

Latest posts

Latest posts