What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone using clean root platforms? Or elevating root pouches/smart pots?

SweetoTooth

My LED is a bloomboss and when I saw they started manufacturing the clean roots platforms I thought they would be great to order as had seen soil growers using random things (oven grates/shelves) to elevate smart pots/root puches off the ground for air flow etc. I had already started my 1st grow and am 3+ weeks into flower, using nine, 3 gallon root pouches and promix I had purchased nine, 9" cheap black plastic tray for each pot to sit in for run off.

BUT tonight I got motivated and cut over 50 holes in each tray and flipped them upside down to make my own clean root inspired (respect) platforms!!

Interested to see if they will speed evaporation and here's to hoping for more oxygen and nutrient uptake.

Was curious if anyone has tried them or can speak to benefits/their results of elevating pots off ground?

Cheers,

S-tooth

Attachments

• IMG-20171120-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20171120-WA0002.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20171120-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20171120-WA0000.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20171120_232317_HDR.jpg
    20171120_232317_HDR.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 12

p0opstlnksal0t

I use home made gro pro type spacer's like this for my coco grown mom's. Don't want the pots sitting and wicking their own runoff

Yarkand

Great idea man !

Always good to have em elevated and when you water you need a certain amount of water coming out of the pot once in a while to keep things healthy, all you need now is a towel underneath each pot when water to wick up the runoff. !

:)

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
The Gro-Pro NX Level Pot Elevator is what I use with smart pots. The added air exchange helps a lot. Growth rates are faster and the roots do a lot more moving around in the container. Yields increase too which is nice.

-Funk