What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THSeeds - The most confusing seed company of all time.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran

don't mean its one of the best house plants out there, just that it sells, :biggrin: that's what marketing is about, right?

promoting present participle of pro·mote (Verb)
Verb

Give publicity to so as to increase sales or public awareness.

I had my friend ask him what OG kush cut he used in MK Ultra and he just responded with OG Kush...

what is the the proper cut name for thee og kush out of interest?

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THseeds..1 of the first 4 seed co's....over there...where they all fled to..but it was still just blowin up at that time...Last 20yrs hasn't been great for genetics..the 20yrs before that was exceptional...
we did find a solid SAGE keeper...was very Sat tho..not much Affi...
agreed CChunk was really mercial...was also a lav purple color but it did smell sorta like chocolate..
MkUltra...yea thats messy...but him saying simply OG kush is bout right...there was only 1 they passed around back them..prob the same Steve used at SOL...heard it was the Tahoe(pre-Ghost nick name)....no lemon..the flat musky-kush earthy "ocean grown" version...
its a seedy business....
FOE20

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
i have no doubt you can find great things in there seeds , to me simply its the price that is the problem , it seems like allot of the old school dam breeders are stuck in the past price wise , and stubbornly would rather leave seeds on the shelf than lower there prices to a point that will shift them , ............... which leads to bad germ rates and in turn damages there rep even worse !

well from the sounds of it, THS and PEAKSEEDSBC are somewhat in the same league cause all of my PSBC seeds that i ordered didnt produce shit but hermies and males so far, not a real keeper in the bunch so prices should reflect company reputation.

if you are getting that many complaints that people are having problems with your gear, it cant be that many people that dont know how to grow. as a company you have to take that responsibility to some degree. maybe your choosing shitty plants to breed with? who knows?

one thing i notice too is that alot of these guys dont tell you if your plant will do better in hydro or soil, NOW I COULD BE WRONG BUT MY OPINION IS some plats do better in soil than they do hydro, either way i just want to know the best course of action with your seeds.

and even for high grade shit i think that it should be 50 - 100 seeds for $10 flat out, specifically cause those seeds go bad and they know it. think about how many seeds a, lets say a, 3' or 4' plant can produce, so why let that shit just sit around knowing damned well your gonna make more, TONS MORE!!

growhi

I don't think u understand all the Problems, It's not just the Germ rates it's the SELCTIONS that are the MAIN problem...

on what evidence though ? lets be honest a pack of seeds in the past you found a good plant in ........................ then a recent pack you didnt ?? .............. thats meaningless pretty much

sometimes people make ignorant all encompassing statements about seed banks lines based on nothing more than a bad grow report they read online lol

im not here to defend anyone but allot of the time peoples opinions are based on 2nd 3rd 5nd hand accounts of experiences with the said product !

lets take dj short for example his blueberry line , a year or 2 back the forums were awash with people making all encompassing statements about new parents , bad selections . it not been the same ect ect ,
then dj posted that the parents have been the same since he released it , they have never changed ! ............. maybe he was lying i dont know , but it just said to me you have to take things you read on the net with a massive pinch of salt !

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
i dont have much experience with them apart from i was gifted seeds which didnt sprout. but looking at this thread that seems the norm lol

ufullachit

on what evidence though ? lets be honest a pack of seeds in the past you found a good plant in ........................ then a recent pack you didnt ?? .............. thats meaningless pretty much

sometimes people make ignorant all encompassing statements about seed banks lines based on nothing more than a bad grow report they read online lol

im not here to defend anyone but allot of the time peoples opinions are based on 2nd 3rd 5nd hand accounts of experiences with the said product !

lets take dj short for example his blueberry line , a year or 2 back the forums were awash with people making all encompassing statements about new parents , bad selections . it not been the same ect ect ,
then dj posted that the parents have been the same since he released it , they have never changed ! ............. maybe he was lying i dont know , but it just said to me you have to take things you read on the net with a massive pinch of salt !

You're still not catching on buddy??? Who said I had ran a few seeds of thiers and found a good pheno in it??? I'm commenting on Facts dude.. I have ran Serious seeds', THC seeds', a couple others.. They all sucked.. Iwas looking up on Hope with the Serious seeds packs I bought (2), and they all sucked...

And Ignorant statements, WTF? easy for you to go with that right? It must make you feel smart to call people ignorant, Well if that helps your attitude in regards to intelligence, then OK, go for it.. But when you don't know for sure what I have gone through with the search for a Good Representation of Bubblegum, then Ignorance isn't the problem.. To top it all off, I got a pack of SOG Seeds' Bubblicious F2's for free, and they were better than any of the ones I've payed money for... Go figure dude... LOL..

They were keepers too..:biggrin:..

So in regards to "Finding Special Phenos" in any of these Worn out companies, GOOD LUCK convincing anyone of that.. It's all over the boards that they are all Major Failures, and TRUST ME, it's Not operator Error as you would like to make others believe..

A good Idea would be to try the Blue Moonshine x Indiana Bubblegum seeds the other dude is talkin' bout!

Stay safe and Healthy fellas and fellets... UFC

O

organic_fanatic

I haven't grown much of their gear, but have a VERY nice cut of Chocolate Chunk, very much UNcommercial IMO. Stinks just as much as my Diesels, Deathstar, etc.

It's all about selection, but if you're gonna charge top dollar for your seeds, you shouldn't have to select from many to find a keeper.

MIway

Veteran
#1) TH Seeds strains are fire ... it's all in selection. The SAGE is awesome.

#2) regarding greenhouse ... their super lemon haze is some of the best smoke on the planet ... i'll leave it at that.

Having dumped personal cash and over a year of wasted time in sifting...and meeting that guy...anyone that is on his dick is highly questionable imo...but dont worry,youre in some pretty shitty company too,not the only guy up his ass.

I believe some of the original moms were lost at some point so a lot of the strains are now reworked...sage and mkultra are not the same anymore.

B

blue green

To me, you would almost have to be a retard to NOT be able to make decent to very good quality seeds...

They must feel pretty cool when they read a thread like this 'repping' their efforts. lol

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There shou;d be a lil respect for eachother...people are all diff and we get diff effects from the same herbs at times to..
like with OrganicFanatic sayin they have a keep out of CChunk...well now I wana kinda find it...but Im not saying much about my exp with CChunk beside the main 2 phenoms I did have n try were lav colored and rather mercial..I'll post a pic later of it..

So my other thought is the older lines are not as easy to work cause even the selection is being blamed and thus making it both in house and a genetic bad choice, it may be genetics are not all the fast paces s1 selections being passed now a days...Its a whole new game...but how many of these cats grow a 22wk Haze or a 14wk Thai or a 12wk Skunk anyway?...I bet if ya check dig most run 7-9wk cropper cuts...oh so boring...
so just sayin it may not all be the seed co. or the genetics..It very well could be the users as well... and thats with any seed co..
Pics and docs help but when there is a consensus against you it doesn't make any claims easier to swallow....

and Bubblicious was a Nirv label...those were a lil wild but not bad herb at all...very bubble gummy funk..
FOE20

Tom Hill

Veteran
To me, you would almost have to be a retard to NOT be able to make decent to very good quality seeds...

They must feel pretty cool when they read a thread like this 'repping' their efforts. lol

not really particularly keep up, but adam has always made seed from california, not just reshuffling the lame-ass dutchified genepool. So yeah man, not the same, at all.

Tom Hill

Veteran
ie if you were to go through eu's best efforts, you's be stomping all over adams, and dj's and et al's work, good and plenty, so just save it.

not really particularly keep up, but adam has always made seed from california, not just reshuffling the lame-ass dutchified genepool. So yeah man, not the same, at all.

people are just calling it as they see it.. doesnt really matter what stock they started with . THseeds at this point in time are garbage. a good friend of mine spent a few thousand dollars on buku and mkultra and ended up with 14 week hemp plants.. it almost seemed like a cruel joke.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^ thats what i was thinking too. for example, they entered a "cold creek kush" clone which placed in the cup, that coldcreek was probably sourced as a regular kush clone from someone else and they renamed it.

so they win the cup with their clone onlys, then hit that clone with their random males and release in seeds, so you are not buying their cup winning clones just a watered down mix..