What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is this?

Clowgrown

Is this a Hermie?! What is growing out of the petiole?!

Attachments

• 1D37ACAB-FBFE-47B5-B779-CE90047F5219.jpg
    1D37ACAB-FBFE-47B5-B779-CE90047F5219.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 23
  • B06D171C-2692-4B7F-8725-FEDF82999B8A.jpg
    B06D171C-2692-4B7F-8725-FEDF82999B8A.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That is tough to say. It looks like leaf growth. Some strains will grow a leaf or small flower on the shade leaves.

I would give that a few days to see what becomes of that.

Yeah just looks like a minor mutation which shouldn't be anything to be concerned about. As Lester said, just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't throw any male flowers or bananas.

Weird I've seen pics of polyploid or other mutants growing flowers at the base of the fan leaves but never seen stuff grow out of stems like that. I agree with the others just keep a eye out for nanners who knows might be some killer smoke in the end.

I scoured the web a little bit last night and could find no similar pics of anything like that. No reason to think it's a hermie so flower that baby out and let's see what happens. Maybe take a clone or two while your at it in case it ends up being a killer plant.

thejact55

Its also odd that the leaf is growing out of the stem of a leaf. It looks like that bump is the same thing happening again. Ya, you got a one in a million plant.

Its also odd that the leaf is growing out of the stem of a leaf. It looks like that bump is the same thing happening again. Ya, you got a one in a million plant.

Ikr that's why I think he should clone it in case it's some kind of bad ass pheno. Buds can rarely grow at the base of fan leaves where all the blades meet up but never seen anything like this.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I don't know wtf that is but I'm posting in here to try and remember to check back if the OP comes back with more pics.

MrBungle

I've seen buds form on leaf stems (in pics) maybe this is what happens before it goes to flower?