What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnesium problem need help

bigjdawg

Yes I've looked at the roots the best I could with a microscope. I think it is possibly underfeeding. Like I said I added go calmag to 2 plants and the deficiency hasn't spread to new leaves. I have another set about to enter flower. I'm going to top dress 2 inches of a 1:1 ratio of compost and worm castings at the flip. I'm going to feed every watering. I plan to add the go calmag every other watering as a preventative measure. Does anyone think that using genral organics calmag every other water would cause any problems?

Limeygreen

Veteran
could try neem/kelp tea with added Epsom salt also a bokashi.insect frass are pretty solid, using a drench of oyster shell flour mixed with gypsum is pretty as well, not knocking your programme, for me these are cheaper teas than guanos and aside from gypsum dust, less irritating as well.

bigjdawg

Here are some more picks. I think you guys are right about underfeeding. Nitrogen deficiency I believe. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20171218_213301.jpg
    20171218_213301.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171218_213230.jpg
    20171218_213230.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 12

Limeygreen

Veteran
Depends on how long you have to go and what you prefer, if your fans are falling off and bud leaves turning yellow by the time you harvest you've fed her just right in my opinion, should be smooth smoke, some one else may like to have the leaves just change different colours and not yellow so personal preference. If you're running the same cutting every round just take notes and adjust your feeding accordingly, you will find your sweet spot of when you feed your plants, how long and how much, an example might be feeding nitrogen in a low amount until week 6 on a 12 week variety and letting her use it all up, could be until week 4-5 on a 8-10 weeks strain depends on your girl and the environment/media.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Here are some more picks. I think you guys are right about underfeeding. Nitrogen deficiency I believe. What do you guys think?

That first pic there are a couple leaves in the center that have uneven yellowing.

This leads me to believe you have some root issues. The leaves are yellowing in an "unhealthy" way. N deficiency is more uniform. Are you letting media dry out between waterings?

When I see two green blades and 3 yellow ones on the same leaf I always go to the roots.

bigjdawg

That first pic there are a couple leaves in the center that have uneven yellowing.

This leads me to believe you have some root issues. The leaves are yellowing in an "unhealthy" way. N deficiency is more uniform. Are you letting media dry out between waterings?

When I see two green blades and 3 yellow ones on the same leaf I always go to the roots.

Ya I noticed that to and that's originally why I was thinking magnesium. Ya I lift the pots and water when they are light. I stick my finger in the soil also to feel the moisture content. Sometimes they slightly droop before I water again. Those pics were taken right after watering.

bigjdawg

The yellowing started from the bottom and slowly worked it's way up. I sprayed the ones in the recent pic with Epsom salt three days in a row. That's another reason I was thinking it might not be magnesium and possibly is nitrogen deficiency from underfeeding. They are on week 5.

mushroombrew

Veteran
It's not going to affect your yield. So don't worry too much. The top of the plant looks green and healthy.

Just run a little more N and Mag in your mix next time. At this point most of those pale fans can come off. Plenty of "life" left in that plant even with water alone.

Latest posts

Latest posts