What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Funk Lab

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Thanks everyone... I've just came back from a trip to Indonesia, so the lab has been closed down for a while now. Been doing some backpacking and seed hunting there as well, it's been a lovely trip.

Anyway now it's time to get back to work and focus on the veggies and the outdoor run as well. I will update some pics as soon as I get the garden rolling.

Indoor and new clone testing should wait until the end of the summer though. I just need to get back to the lab, start taking pics from cured buds for some smoke reviews and so on. Definitely lots projects for the upcoming season.

What's up in the lab? No more eye candy? :D

Good to see you around my old friend! :biggrin:

Vibes! :tiphat:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Wow ! Strain hunting in Indonesia, I'm jealous ! :biggrin:

Not to difficult with the harsh laws there?

All the best bro

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You lucky bastard! :D

I'm glad to see you too, and even more to know you made it back, and so eager to know what kind of treasures you brought in your pocket...:canabis:

P.s: sorry about the mess with the PM's :)

ManyManySpliffs

Mustafunk I'm super late to this thread but all in all you have that golden touch. Your plants look impeccable and your photography is top notch. I could only imagine what your macro shots would look like.. Keep up the awesome work of cataloging all that fine herb, your hardwork is much appreciated. :tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Thanks bro, I'm just trying to put together some nice pics from past grows and plants I have tried in the past.

I've grown this Ghost Train Haze #8 in my 2015 run, it was a very fun plant to grow, super high calyx-flower ratio, good production and very nice sweet floral smell that reminded me to some kind of citrus/lime candy.

On the other hand, branches were too thin and lanky to hold the buds when she was packing, also the potency wasn't too high, otherwise it would be definitely a keeper IMHO since the effect was very clear and a good daytime smoke for sure. I was a nice surprise actually.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
More pics from older grows... some pics from the almighty Guerilla Glue #4, a great commercial strain because she obvioulsy ticks all the boxes: productive, potent, frosty, easy to grow and very stinky. On the other hand, the high tends to be a bit bland and boring like often happens with most commercial hybrids IMHO.

Of course it's a subjective opinion, but being mostly a narrow leaf smoker I tend to find boring and predictable most commercial strains. They tend build their tolerance very soon and a the end, all the strain families seem to share terpenes and grow patterns. Also the terpenes they feature generally make them strains for short storaging times, as opposed to the spiciest satties, often featuring heavier aromatic compounds that take longer to degrade.

On the other hand, besides the fact that the chemmy glue-rubber-varnish smell isn't my fav, I've certainly enjoyed the GG#4 more than some other super couchlocking cuts like the Chemdog D for example.

Most of my friends seem to loved the sticky and stinky nugs too... : )

picture.php

picture.php

Huge buds she packs!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
A few more macros from the top colas, such a pleasure to harvest and trim this lady:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vibes.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Nice looking girl, I understand why it must be a dream to trim her after all the pure Sat you've ran lol

meadowman

awesome pics mf and agree with you. i'm surprise the torches aren't lit yet, must be gathering the pitch forks…lol

too-dope

This thread is a classic. You've brought a lot of valuable info and spectacular photos to icmag. Your posts about Original Delicatessen and more specifically Queen Mother is what prompted me to invest in a pack. Keep up the great work.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Mustafunk do you know the lineage on the Ghost Train Haze #8?

Hi bro, this is what the seed company says:

Rare Dankness Seeds - Ghost Train Haze #8

You take the Hells Angel OG cross it with Nevil's Wreck and you get the largest yielding of all the GTH series. Has large blown out calyx resin.

More of a body high mixed with the cerebral experience of the Nevil's Wreck. Has a mild sour Pine flavor.

This female has a lot of influence from the Nevil's Wreck IMHO, and I'm glad about it... lots of nice terpenes from the Trainwreck plus a bit of stretch and nice flowers from the Nevil's Haze.

Too bad she wasn't a bit more potent otherwise it would be one of my favourite plants to grow and smoke. Definitely a pleasant surprise that makes me wonder about how nice the Nevil's Wreck could be, proving once again that Hazes and other tropicals crossed with the right elite clones still can bring interesting stuff to the table.

This thread is a classic. You've brought a lot of valuable info and spectacular photos to icmag. Your posts about Original Delicatessen and more specifically Queen Mother is what prompted me to invest in a pack. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for your nice words, the pleasure is mine... Queen Mother and the Tijuana spanish clone have been part of my head stash for years, just like they were for many other sativa heads in Spain who were looking for tasty satties IMO. Now I'm trying to explore new seeds and genetics but anyone looking for reasonably fast and nice sativas for indoors will definitely enjoy them. Same with the Mextiza and other Oaxacan hybrids from CBG. It's been easy to forget about C99, Jack Herer and some other old Haze hybrids with all this new-school genetics for the casual narrow leaf lover.

:tiphat:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Musta congrats on the PoTM nomi, well deserved, nice sharp images and lighting fine as well...DD